Adobe Lightroom with Scandisc Extreme 1TB problem

Started 10 months ago | Discussions
amarokWPcom
amarokWPcom New Member • Posts: 11
Adobe Lightroom with Scandisc Extreme 1TB problem

Dear Friends,

I bought a Scandisc Extreme to keep my photos and library together bc I am often mobile.

Now starting to try working with it I become aware having problöems: Lightroom doesn't want to open its library and other stuff.

Does anybody knows about issues using external devices especially the Scandisc Extreme with Adobve Lightroom?

Thanks in advance for your feedback

-- hide signature --

Nikon Z6
BenQ SW2700PT
HP Elitebook 830 G5

amarokWPcom's gear list:amarokWPcom's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F31fd Nikon Z6 Nikon Z 24-70mm F4
Richard James Regular Member • Posts: 283
Re: Adobe Lightroom with Scandisc Extreme 1TB problem

amarokWPcom wrote:

I bought a Scandisc Extreme to keep my photos and library together bc I am often mobile.

You successfully copied all the catalog files to the drive?

Now starting to try working with it I become aware having problöems: Lightroom doesn't want to open its library and other stuff.

How are you starting Lightroom?

Does LR know where the catalog is now, the drive letter has changed so it needs to know where to look?

If you are relyi,ng on "open last catalog used" in LR preferences, where that catalog was on a different drive it will fail....

Does anybody knows about issues using external devices especially the Scandisc Extreme with Adobve Lightroom?

I've used LR with catalogs on various devices, including mapped drives (yes, there is a trick to make that work).

Richard

Tom_N Forum Pro • Posts: 18,446

amarokWPcom wrote:

Dear Friends,

Scandisc Extreme?  I've never heard of that brand before.  Are you sure that you didn't purchase a SanDisk Extreme?

amarokWPcom
OP amarokWPcom New Member • Posts: 11

Tom_N wrote:

amarokWPcom wrote:

Dear Friends,

Scandisc Extreme? I've never heard of that brand before. Are you sure that you didn't purchase a SanDisk Extreme?

SanDisk! You are right. Never checked the name. LOL

-- hide signature --

Nikon Z6
BenQ SW2700PT
HP Elitebook 830 G5

amarokWPcom's gear list:amarokWPcom's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F31fd Nikon Z6 Nikon Z 24-70mm F4
skyglider Veteran Member • Posts: 5,659

amarokWPcom wrote:

Dear Friends,

Thanks in advance for your feedback

I don't know if this applies to the SanDisk Extreme line of flash drives but in the past I found that the SanDisk (not extreme) flash drives I tried would not work as bootable flash drives.  On the other hand, using the exact same procedure to create the bootable flash drives, PNY flash drives always worked.

Maybe the "won't work as bootable" characteristic applies to the Extreme versions also which is causing your Lightroom compatibility problems.

To be fair, I have and like USB3 SanDisk Extreme flash drives for file storage since they are very fast for reading and writing.  So even if you end up buying a different brand of flash drive for your Lightroom application, maybe consider keeping the Extreme drive for storing data files which includes pictures and video.

Sky

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads