Macro w/P950, including "Saturn"!

Started 9 months ago | Discussions
Dodge_Rock
Dodge_Rock Senior Member • Posts: 2,638
Macro w/P950, including "Saturn"!
7

Saturn is the last photo.

Macro shooting is not what first comes to mind when someone thinks about a superzoom, but it does it very well.  Used cloudy WB +0, P mode, Neutral picture control, auto sharpen/contrast/saturation and macro focus mode.

Jelly Fungi

Saturn

...and a bonus Red-shouldered Hawk.  Definitely not macro.

 Dodge_Rock's gear list:Dodge_Rock's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P950
Marcodpr Regular Member • Posts: 396
Re: Macro w/P950, including "Saturn"!
1

Turns out Saturn is really gross! 😄

Beautiful shot of the hawk and not even full zoom - great fieldcraft

sherman_levine
sherman_levine Forum Pro • Posts: 12,147
Re: Macro w/P950, including "Saturn"!
4

Isn't it nice to be able to go from mushroom to hawk without changing lenses. Nice capture.

-- hide signature --
 sherman_levine's gear list:sherman_levine's gear list
Panasonic FZ1000 Nikon Coolpix P900 Nikon Coolpix P950
Dodge_Rock
OP Dodge_Rock Senior Member • Posts: 2,638
Re: Macro w/P950, including "Saturn"!
2

sherman_levine wrote:

Isn't it nice to be able to go from mushroom to hawk without changing lenses. Nice capture.

You darn tootin'.   When I was shootin' with SLT, I would say "I need the other lens".  My wife would then say, "you always say that".   I say that no more forever. 

 Dodge_Rock's gear list:Dodge_Rock's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P950
threed123
threed123 Senior Member • Posts: 1,440
Re: Macro w/P950, including "Saturn"!

Haha...and great pics...live long and proper...er...prosper...lol.

Marcodpr Regular Member • Posts: 396
Re: Macro w/P950, including "Saturn"!

So true

CMCM Senior Member • Posts: 5,768
Re: Macro w/P950, including "Saturn"!

All of them are great, but the hawk in particular is really nice....sharp, good detail.  I'm impressed with the 950!  And your photo skills help a lot, I'm sure!  

 CMCM's gear list:CMCM's gear list
Fujifilm X30 Canon G7 X II Nikon Coolpix P950 Nikon D5600 Nikon D7500 +17 more
jshen808
jshen808 Forum Pro • Posts: 14,502
Re: Macro w/P950, including "Saturn"!

Ahhh, super beautiful pictures & results!

And I see the Saturn, it's amazing to see.

Thanks for sharing the settings your using.

And I always say, there's more than one way to cook a chicken.

Or more than one way to set up the settings in the camera.

Thanks for sharing & happy snapping.

You're doing a great job!

-- hide signature --

..Cheers, John..
"We are better than this."

 jshen808's gear list:jshen808's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P610 Nikon Coolpix P900
rgs_45
rgs_45 Senior Member • Posts: 1,328
Re: Macro w/P950, including "Saturn"!

Those close up photos from the P950 are superb!

Now, just waiting patiently for my bonus to hit my bank and will the trigger on this as it's already in my cart at Adorama

Thanks for sharing.

-- hide signature --

- Rich -
"A photographer is your worst friend. He will Frame you! He will Shoot you! And if you're one of the lucky ones, he will Hang you too."

 rgs_45's gear list:rgs_45's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-M5 II Nikon Z6 Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II Olympus 12-100mm F4.0 +5 more
André BARELIER
André BARELIER Forum Pro • Posts: 10,152
Re: Macro w/P950, including "Saturn"!

Great set of pictures! Perfectly done.

Thanks for sharing.

And a special thanks for allowing me to see Saturn so closely! It's a vey nice planet! 

-- hide signature --

André

 André BARELIER's gear list:André BARELIER's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P7800 Nikon D7200 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-80mm F2.8-4E ED VR Nikon D3300 Nikon 1 J5 +8 more
Dodge_Rock
OP Dodge_Rock Senior Member • Posts: 2,638
Re: Macro w/P950, including "Saturn"!

Marcodpr wrote:

Turns out Saturn is really gross! 😄

Beautiful shot of the hawk and not even full zoom - great fieldcraft

Thanks Marcodpr

 Dodge_Rock's gear list:Dodge_Rock's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P950
Dodge_Rock
OP Dodge_Rock Senior Member • Posts: 2,638
Re: Macro w/P950, including "Saturn"!

threed123 wrote:

Haha...and great pics...live long and proper...er...prosper...lol.

Thanks threed123... Vulcan hand salute back at ya

 Dodge_Rock's gear list:Dodge_Rock's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P950
Dodge_Rock
OP Dodge_Rock Senior Member • Posts: 2,638
Re: Macro w/P950, including "Saturn"!

CMCM wrote:

All of them are great, but the hawk in particular is really nice....sharp, good detail. I'm impressed with the 950! And your photo skills help a lot, I'm sure!

Thanks CMCM

 Dodge_Rock's gear list:Dodge_Rock's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P950
Dodge_Rock
OP Dodge_Rock Senior Member • Posts: 2,638
Re: Macro w/P950, including "Saturn"!
2

jshen808 wrote:

Ahhh, super beautiful pictures & results!

And I see the Saturn, it's amazing to see.

Thanks for sharing the settings your using.

And I always say, there's more than one way to cook a chicken.

Or more than one way to set up the settings in the camera.

Thanks for sharing & happy snapping.

You're doing a great job!

Thanks John

"cook a chicken" is much better than "skin a cat" 

There are so many options to shooting settings.  No single way is "better" than another!

 Dodge_Rock's gear list:Dodge_Rock's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P950
Dodge_Rock
OP Dodge_Rock Senior Member • Posts: 2,638
Re: Macro w/P950, including "Saturn"!

rgs_45 wrote:

Those close up photos from the P950 are superb!

Now, just waiting patiently for my bonus to hit my bank and will the trigger on this as it's already in my cart at Adorama

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks Rich, I'm sure you'll enjoy the camera as much as I do, and as the saying goes...

"Money don't spend itself"

 Dodge_Rock's gear list:Dodge_Rock's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P950
Dodge_Rock
OP Dodge_Rock Senior Member • Posts: 2,638
Re: Macro w/P950, including "Saturn"!

André BARELIER wrote:

Great set of pictures! Perfectly done.

Thanks for sharing.

And a special thanks for allowing me to see Saturn so closely! It's a vey nice planet!

Thanks André

 Dodge_Rock's gear list:Dodge_Rock's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P950
ANAYV Forum Pro • Posts: 19,676
Re: Macro w/P950, including "Saturn"!

Really nice set, with Saturn the highlight.

I assume they eat mushrooms on that planet

P.S. glad to see you had the right lens on , for this outing

ANAYV

Dodge_Rock
OP Dodge_Rock Senior Member • Posts: 2,638
Re: Macro w/P950, including "Saturn"!

ANAYV wrote:

Really nice set, with Saturn the highlight.

I assume they eat mushrooms on that planet

P.S. glad to see you had the right lens on , for this outing

ANAYV

Thanks for "playing" ANAYV.   

 Dodge_Rock's gear list:Dodge_Rock's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P950
jshen808
jshen808 Forum Pro • Posts: 14,502
Re: Macro w/P950, including "Saturn"!

Dodge_Rock wrote:

jshen808 wrote:

Ahhh, super beautiful pictures & results!

And I see the Saturn, it's amazing to see.

Thanks for sharing the settings your using.

And I always say, there's more than one way to cook a chicken.

Or more than one way to set up the settings in the camera.

Thanks for sharing & happy snapping.

You're doing a great job!

Thanks John

"cook a chicken" is much better than "skin a cat"

There are so many options to shooting settings. No single way is "better" than another!

Yes, agreed!

-- hide signature --

..Cheers, John..
"We are better than this."

 jshen808's gear list:jshen808's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P610 Nikon Coolpix P900
Dodge_Rock
OP Dodge_Rock Senior Member • Posts: 2,638
More Macro
3

I call all varieties Dragonfly - using macro focus from afar

Look at the pollen sacs on that bee!

Another 'macro focus' mode from afar.  I pretty much leave focus set to 'macro' and change as needed.  What's inside that metal box?

If you guessed baby bluebirds, then you'd be right!

Nymph on Tire

Green tickle bee on gerbera daisy.

Red Back Jumping Spider with hopper for breakfast.

Some of the above images taken with a Sony close-up lens in 67mm.

Camera set to Program mode, sharpening at 6!, contrast at 2 and saturation on auto.

 Dodge_Rock's gear list:Dodge_Rock's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P950
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads