D5600 ok button activates live view

Started Mar 7, 2020 | Questions
DaptC Junior Member • Posts: 41
D5600 ok button activates live view

I have a 10 months old D5600. Today while trying to change something in the menu, I found out that the ok button is taking me directly to live view. Upon further research, I also realized that the zoom in and delete/trash button are not responding. The camera was functioning properly the last time I used it a few days ago. I have done the usual troubleshooting steps like two button reset, shooting menu reset, taking battery, memory card out but nothing has worked. I don't remember making any changes to settings in last few days.

So, my question is that whether the culprit is any accidental button press which has changed the settings. In that case, how do I change back to normal settings? Or, is a visit to the Nikon service Center unavoidable?

DaptC's gear list:DaptC's gear list
Nikon D5600 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm F1.8G Nikon 85mm F1.8G +3 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D5600
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
WPMChan Senior Member • Posts: 1,147
Re: D5600 ok button activates live view

I have used my D5600 for nearly three years. I haven't come across this problem.

The OK button cannot be assigned for other functions, so it cannot be a problem of accidental wrong setting.

As you also have strange behavior with other buttons, I would take it to Nikon Service to have a look.

OP DaptC Junior Member • Posts: 41

WPMChan wrote:

I have used my D5600 for nearly three years. I haven't come across this problem.

The OK button cannot be assigned for other functions, so it cannot be a problem of accidental wrong setting.

As you also have strange behavior with other buttons, I would take it to Nikon Service to have a look.

Thanks. That confirms my suspicion. I have gone through the user manual and can't find anything. So, service Center it is!

Nikon D5600 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm F1.8G Nikon 85mm F1.8G +3 more
OP DaptC Junior Member • Posts: 41

An update-

Got my Camera back from service center. Nikon was super-quick (one working day). The diagnosis was PCB failure. I am suspecting that the damage was caused by Godox flash. In a hurry, I had mounted the flash with both camera and flash switched on. Does anybody have similar experience of Godox flash frying the PCB? Didn't have to pay a penny thanks to warranty. Next time I won't be so lucky!

Also came to know that parts are not getting shipped from China (atleast to India). So, if the local center doesn't have stock, be prepared for a long delay.

WPMChan Senior Member • Posts: 1,147

DaptC wrote:

An update-

Got my Camera back from service center. Nikon was super-quick (one working day). The diagnosis was PCB failure. I am suspecting that the damage was caused by Godox flash. In a hurry, I had mounted the flash with both camera and flash switched on. Does anybody have similar experience of Godox flash frying the PCB? Didn't have to pay a penny thanks to warranty. Next time I won't be so lucky!

Also came to know that parts are not getting shipped from China (atleast to India). So, if the local center doesn't have stock, be prepared for a long delay.

Thanks for the update.

Good to know that was covered by warranty.

I use a Nikon SB 400 speed light regularly. Sometimes withe the light switched on when I insert the light in the hot shoe. I don't know if your Godox is any different from the SB 400.

muljao Contributing Member • Posts: 736

DaptC wrote:

An update-

Good info. Might be prudent to have it all off so. Every day is a learning day

muljao's gear list:muljao's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon D7200 Sony a7 III Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm F4G ED VR +8 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads