Gate bois Senior Member • Posts: 1,523
Re: Samsung messed up the implementation

DNG

-- hide signature --

Paris - La Defense at 78.5Mpix:
http://www.noelbilly.eu/

Drzewoid Regular Member • Posts: 336

Raw photos looks great, but standard SOCC still a bit suck. Question for S20 Ultra users - did you try experiment in pro mode. I had S9+ and there are hidden options - sliders to adjust highligt, shadows and contrast. Tt changes a lot - of cours s9+ photos are terrible in all modes, but S20+ looks better - maybe it helps to take good natural photos without RAW. Try this and post some results.

Jostian
Jostian Veteran Member • Posts: 4,310

Lee Jay wrote:

Jostian wrote:

Lee Jay wrote:

Jostian wrote:

Lee Jay wrote:

The SOOC jpegs from both of the S20 Ultras I tested were entirely different between the three cameras.

SHOW ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Same phone, taken at the same time, both 100% crops, both taken in full sunlight with fast shutter speeds, both with tap-to-focus on the subject.

Please post the originals.

Those are crops from the originals.

mmm, just post originals please.

-- hide signature --
 Jostian's gear list:Jostian's gear list
Sony a9 Sony a6600 Tamron 28-75mm F2.8 III Tamron 20mm F2.8 Di III OSD 808 +2 more
Jostian

Lee Jay wrote:

Jostian wrote:

See here from another S20U thread, just to show the poor jpeg processing, top crop is the SOOC jpeg and the bottom is from the RAW file. Why can't Samsung get their SOOC jpegs looking more like what you can get from RAW?? not this over-processed waxy rubbish.

And those are at what ratio (mine were 1:1) and from what cameras?

Without useful information, these mean nothing.

And if you can't answer the question you answered, you don't understand what "raw" means.

idiotic comment indeed, how old are you, 5?

mmm just the 12mp SOOC jpeg compared to the 12mp RAW, from main (wide) lens at 100% crop as is the norm... the RAW crop is not perfect, think its around 90% but its easy to see the difference.

-- hide signature --
Sony a9 Sony a6600 Tamron 28-75mm F2.8 III Tamron 20mm F2.8 Di III OSD 808 +2 more
Lee Jay Forum Pro • Posts: 56,289

Jostian wrote:

Lee Jay wrote:

Jostian wrote:

See here from another S20U thread, just to show the poor jpeg processing, top crop is the SOOC jpeg and the bottom is from the RAW file. Why can't Samsung get their SOOC jpegs looking more like what you can get from RAW?? not this over-processed waxy rubbish.

And if you can't answer the question you answered, you don't understand what "raw" means.

Yes, and I've been a photographer for 40 years.

mmm just the 12mp SOOC jpeg compared to the 12mp RAW, from main (wide) lens at 100% crop as is the norm...

So, not useful then, since the main camera is 108MP not 12MP.  The ones I posted were crops from the 108MP main camera taken at 108MP and from the telephoto camera in the only mode it will output.

the RAW crop is not perfect, think its around 90% but its easy to see the difference.

Yeah - it was processed differently.

See, "raw" means "uncooked".  If you buy the same ingredients and give them to two master chefs, you'll still get to different meals, even if both are of expert quality.

-- hide signature --

Lee Jay

Lee Jay's gear list:Lee Jay's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 8-15mm f/4L Fisheye USM Canon Extender EF 2x III +10 more
Jostian

Lee Jay wrote:

Jostian wrote:

Lee Jay wrote:

Jostian wrote:

I'm still waiting for those originals from those crops...??

mmm just the 12mp SOOC jpeg compared to the 12mp RAW, from main (wide) lens at 100% crop as is the norm...

So, not useful then, since the main camera is 108MP not 12MP.

and you still dont get it, your 108 jpegs looked like trash, the 12 mp jpegs look just as poor, but the RAWs look great, thats the issue, not the bloody lenses etc. Its the poor jpeg processing Samsung is using.

The ones I posted were crops from the 108MP main camera taken at 108MP and from the telephoto camera in the only mode it will output.

Yes and they looked like a smeary waxy mess as has been shown already!

the RAW crop is not perfect, think its around 90% but its easy to see the difference.

Yeah - it was processed differently.

Duh, its a RAW...

OMG, its just to show the difference between RAW (uncooked) and the jpeg (cooked), which is substantive.

See, "raw" means "uncooked". If you buy the same ingredients and give them to two master chefs, you'll still get to different meals, even if both are of expert quality.

-- hide signature --
Jostian

Jostian wrote:

Lee Jay wrote:

Jostian wrote:

Lee Jay wrote:

Jostian wrote:

Lee Jay wrote:

The SOOC jpegs from both of the S20 Ultras I tested were entirely different between the three cameras.

SHOW ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Same phone, taken at the same time, both 100% crops, both taken in full sunlight with fast shutter speeds, both with tap-to-focus on the subject.

Please post the originals.

Those are crops from the originals.

mmm, just post originals please.

Originals please! Plain to see its not even the same tree...More BS!

-- hide signature --

Jostian wrote:

Lee Jay wrote:

Jostian wrote:

Lee Jay wrote:

Jostian wrote:

I can't provide the originals because they were taken in a store and other customers were in the pictures.

and you still dont get it, your 108 jpegs looked like trash, the 12 mp jpegs look just as poor, but the RAWs look great,

They aren't raw, since they are 12MP, not 108MP.

thats the issue, not the bloody lenses etc. Its the poor jpeg processing Samsung is using.

On the main camera, but not on the others including the 64MP telephoto camera on my S20.

The ones I posted were crops from the 108MP main camera taken at 108MP and from the telephoto camera in the only mode it will output.

Yes - unlike those from the ultrawide on the S20 Ultra, the telephoto on the S20 Ultra and all three cameras on my S20.

-- hide signature --

Lee Jay

Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 8-15mm f/4L Fisheye USM Canon Extender EF 2x III +10 more
Jostian

Lee Jay wrote:

Jostian wrote:

Lee Jay wrote:

Jostian wrote:

Lee Jay wrote:

Jostian wrote:

I can't provide the originals because they were taken in a store and other customers were in the pictures.

Haha, good one! how did you crop them in-store? what a load of BS!! I'll call you out, liar!

and you still dont get it, your 108 jpegs looked like trash, the 12 mp jpegs look just as poor, but the RAWs look great,

Hey dimwit the S20 Ultra cannot capture RAW at 108mp, it captures RAW at 12mp!!!!!!!!!!

thats the issue, not the bloody lenses etc. Its the poor jpeg processing Samsung is using.

On the main camera, but not on the others including the 64MP telephoto camera on my S20.

Yes - unlike those from the ultrawide on the S20 Ultra,

again BS!

the telephoto on the S20 Ultra and all three cameras on my S20.

I'm tired of your BS and outright lies! Cheers have a great life with your S20 and its "supersharper" than main camera ultrawide camera!

-- hide signature --

Jostian wrote:

Lee Jay wrote:

Jostian wrote:

Lee Jay wrote:

Jostian wrote:

Lee Jay wrote:

Jostian wrote:

Haha, good one! how did you crop them in-store? what a load of BS!! I'll call you out, liar!

You're still illiterate.  Why don't you read what I said for comprehension, this time.

Hint:  That was a screen-shot from Lightroom's Compare mode.

Hey dimwit the S20 Ultra cannot capture RAW at 108mp,

Right - which means it's not raw.

it captures RAW at 12mp!!!!!!!!!!

Which means it's "remosaiced", not raw.

Yes - unlike those from the ultrawide on the S20 Ultra,

again BS!

And yet, I've now proven it to you twice.

the telephoto on the S20 Ultra and all three cameras on my S20.

I'm tired of your BS and outright lies!

I still have the sample that prove it, and have posted a few of them in this thread.

Cheers have a great life with your S20 and its "supersharper" than main camera ultrawide camera!

Still illiterate.  I'll explain it to you like you're a 4-year-old, which you are (a dumb one).

• S20 wide - GOOD
  • S20 normal - GOOD
  • S20 telephoto - GOOD
  • S20U  wide - GOOD
  • S20U normal - BAD
  • S20U telephoto - GOOD 
-- hide signature --

Lee Jay

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads