Samsung S20 ultra comparison

Started 8 months ago | Discussions
RDM5546
RDM5546 Senior Member • Posts: 1,608
Re: Samsung messed up the implementation

RDM5546 wrote:

Lee Jay wrote:

I tried an S20 ultra. Here's the thing.

The "1x" location is a 12MP downsampling of the main camera's 108MP sensor.

The "2x" location is a 12MP upsampling of the center 3MP of the 1x's downsampling - stupid.

The "4x" location is a 12MP downsampling of the telephoto camera's 48MP sensor.

So, the 4x image is drastically superior to the 2x. The reason they don't sample the full 108MP for the range between 1x and 4x escapes me.

This chart is a 2.7 MP JPEG containg a 4000x3000 image It was taken with the 108MP lens using the S20 Ultra and it's 12M pixels are 3x3 subarrays in the sensor.

1X 4000x3000 image from S20 Ultra

This chart is a 1.7 MP JPEG containg a 4000x3000 image It was taken with the 108MP lens using the S20 Ultra and it's 12M pixels I suspect are 12M single pixels from the middle of the sensor. I suspect this because this is what the image would look like in the center if binning was turned off.

You saying the sensor alway 3X3 bins the pixels resulting in 12MP image that they select the center 3MP and then upsample. Why do think that and where does the documentation support your belief?

I know I can select a 108MP output from this sensor. Then it provides the output from the individual unbinned pixels and I could build circuit to grab the center 12MP with no upsampling. I think this is what they are doing but I have no Samsung document that states this is what they are doing.

I cropped the center of my chart for #1. a 1X 108MP 12000x9000 , #2. a 2X 12MP with the 108MP camera (7mm lens) and #3. a telephoto camera 4000x3000 JPEG using 4X zoom (19mm lens)

#1. a 1X 108MP 12000x9000

1. 1X 108MP camera making a 12000x9000 JPEG cropped leaving the middle. (EXIF data shows 7mm focal length lens)

2. 2X 108MP camera making 4000x3000 binned image JPEG that was cropped in the camera prior to making the JPEG which was then additional cropped to blow up the image in the center.

2X zoom image JPEG made in camera additionally cropped to leave the center. (EXIF data shows a 7mm focal length lens)

Note that image #2 above is not as sharp as #1 above taken with the same lens and camera as #1. However, #2 is not just an in camera cropped version of image #1 but appears to be a 4000X3000 image made from 3000 3x3 binned pixels from the center of #1. That is the most readily explaned reason for the quality of #2 to appear worse than the cropped image of #1 showing the same enlarged image reagon.

3. 4X telephoto camera making 4000x3000 binned image JPEG which was then cropped to enlarge the image in the center

4X zoom image using S20 telephoto camera to make 4000X3000 JPEG which has been cropped (EXIF data shows a 19mm focal length lens)

3. 4X zoom image using telephoto camera to make 4000X3000 JPEG which has been cropped to enlarge the center to roughly the same view as #1 and #2.

From these three images in clear to me than the sharpest images for zooms of 1X to 3.99X may be manually made in post processing in the computer and cropping the image to the desired 1 to 3.99X zoom factor.

Lee Jay was right "Samsung messed up the implementation" is true.  I assume the circuitry may be been simpler and lower in cost to do it their way and it could be to get a quicker devlopment to design the chips but it is no the best way and the best way seems only a little more complex but not very much more expensive in production if a custom chip was being made.

Despite the mess up the camera does take decent pictures at 2X so for many people it may never be noticed that the 4X pictures are sharper than the 2X.  It could have been done better and I am completely happy with my S20 Ultra. It take great images up to 4X optically and  up to 10X digital zoom which is much more than the iPhone 11 Pro which just has a 2x optical and 6X zoom.

More over the S20 Ultra does have a useful digital zoom with reduced quality from 10X  up to 100X provided you hold the camera still, use a tripod or prop the camera against something solid.   Beyond the camera the Smart Phone is very fast with an truly excellent screen and the new 5G communications that is currently limited in the number of cell phones but where it works it is amazing fast.

RDM5546's gear list:RDM5546's gear list
Canon G5 X II Canon EOS 70D Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EOS R +37 more
Panino Manino
Panino Manino Regular Member • Posts: 333

Can we agree that this thing is a disaster (the camera)?

Every day I see a new video on youtube and the conclusion is always the same. It's a disappointment, don't deliver the promises at all, is shamed by almost every other competitor.

How low can Samsung descend? Will they ever revert course and become sane again?

Lee Jay Forum Pro • Posts: 56,289

Panino Manino wrote:

No.

It probably has the best main camera and certainly the best telephoto camera of any phone. It's just that the range between 1x and 4x isn't as good as it should be. But it's still better than the same range on the S10.

-- hide signature --

Lee Jay

Lee Jay's gear list:Lee Jay's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 8-15mm f/4L Fisheye USM Canon Extender EF 2x III +10 more
RDM5546

Lee Jay wrote:

Panino Manino wrote:

No.

It probably has the best main camera and certainly the best telephoto camera of any phone. It's just that the range between 1x and 4x isn't as good as it should be. But it's still better than the same range on the S10.

I totally disagree with it being a disaster as proposed by Panino Manino and totally agree with Lee Jay. It is a brilliant design of the first iteration of major new photographic direction in computational photograpy.  In the right hands it does a brilliant job but this first step just does not do every automatically or as automatic as I think I wish it would.

Every camera has good and bad points forums and pundits commonly dwell on the bad points.  Many times these issues that are discussed matter only at extremes on the fringes of typical usage and requirement for images.   Requirements make a big difference.   Some people want great pictures and others want a fully automatic simple to use reliable result camera.

The s20 ultra can give you easy to use good looking pictures over a wider zoom range with a better in camera camera display than prior smartphones.

All great camera designs require both great image production and ease of use to achieve that great imagery in important situations if the camera is to have large widespread commercial success.

The S20 Ultra provides a very nice user interface access to 108mp JPEG digital images of great quality for such a low cost and compact camer.   Few other smartphone or compact camera does that and they all use nearly the same Samsung image sensor chip.  These images may be post processed using computer editing sofware to suit the shooting situation in the eyes of the photographer skilled in computer editing.

The S20 Ultra provides easy access for creating automatic good out of the camera 12mp Jpeg images with highly competitive dynamic range and low shot noise over a industry leading zoom range of 0.5X to 100X while being competitive in image sharpness over this range.    These are capabilities inherent to the S20 Ultra hardware.   Every limitiation I might see in my preordered camera is associated with the preliminary version of software it ships with.  A new version of camera software is coming soon and it is likely that other will follow.

Third parties are likely to port their advanced flagship camera software on this solid 108mp Samsung platform and make their software available in the future.   The combination of good lenses, software accessible high resolution sensors, and powerful Qualcom 865 processor with good Android development tool is unmatched by the competition.

We are viewing a most powerful tool supporting an early turning point in the future of networked computational photography.  In addition it is a great fast robust interface phone with 5G supporting the important mmWave bands nessary for the future generations of global networks.

Yes Samsung messed up some little things and they are not perfect yet.   However, in comparison to what else is out there it is leagues ahead!

Canon G5 X II Canon EOS 70D Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EOS R +37 more
Jostian
Jostian Veteran Member • Posts: 4,310

Lee Jay wrote:

Panino Manino wrote:

No.

It probably has the best main camera and certainly the best telephoto camera of any phone.

rubbish, the p30 pro beats it at 5X optical zoom, the Ultra did a bit better at 4X optical and no one cares about digital zoom which is a waste.

Read here "At 5x the tables turn, as this is the Huawei lens' sort of native zoom level, and it has the upper hand, even if it's not a night and day difference. The castle shot is particularly telling with both the clock and the mural having better definition in the Huawei's shot."

https://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_s20_ultra_camera_comparison-review-2071p2.php

and using the std lens see top 2 crops below, one can see the over-processed waxy look, see the brickwork in the S20U shot and the roof tiles (less fine detail), no thanks.

Then see the same crops from the P30Pro, not as over-processed and more fine detail in the roof tiles.

S20U

It's just that the range between 1x and 4x isn't as good as it should be. But it's still better than the same range on the S10.

-- hide signature --
 Jostian's gear list:Jostian's gear list
Sony a9 Sony a6600 Tamron 28-75mm F2.8 III Tamron 20mm F2.8 Di III OSD 808 +2 more

Jostian wrote:

Lee Jay wrote:

Panino Manino wrote:

No.

It probably has the best main camera and certainly the best telephoto camera of any phone.

rubbish, the p30 pro beats it at 5X optical zoom

No way, no how.

The P30 pro has a 14.5mm lens with an 8MP sensor behind it with 1 micron pixels working out to 253 pixels per degree.

The S20 Ultra has a 19mm lens with a 48MP sensor behind it with 0.8 micron pixels working out to 415 pixels per degree.

, the Ultra did a bit better at 4X optical and no one cares about digital zoom which is a waste.

It's a waste on the P30 pro because it's only got that 8MP sensor. On the Ultra, 48MP is quite croppable.

The periscope camera on the S20 ultra wipes the floor with all others, and I've tested it myself and it's a solid performer.

-- hide signature --

Lee Jay

Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 8-15mm f/4L Fisheye USM Canon Extender EF 2x III +10 more
RDM5546

Lee Jay wrote:

Jostian wrote:

Lee Jay wrote:

Panino Manino wrote:

No.

No way, no how.

The P30 pro has a 14.5mm lens with an 8MP sensor behind it working out to 253 pixels per degree.

The S20 Ultra has a 19mm lens with a 48MP sensor behind it working out to 415 pixels per degree.

, the Ultra did a bit better at 4X optical and no one cares about digital zoom which is a waste.

It's a waste on the P30 pro because it's only got that 8MP sensor. On the Ultra, 48MP is quite croppable.

The periscope camera on the S20 ultra wipes the floor with all others, and I've tested it myself and it's a solid performer.

Not only is the telephoto sensor just 8MP the display is a cheap

The S20 Ultra smartphone imagining platform has an Amazing quality OLED display that operates at 120Hz flicker free particuarly good for scrolling and gaming apps.

No single frequency 60Hz only for this display. For photography this display has great measured color matching test results (see below). This display is a big money item in S20 bill of materials along with the expensive 108MP sensor and the Qualcomm 865 processor and thos affect the retail cost and value of the smartphone. Quality sensors matter. TOF sensors are in Utra and they matter significantly for acheiving high performance AI capabilities.

Check out the Flagship Display Comparisons here:

http://www.displaymate.com/Galaxy_S20_ShootOut_1U.htm

This S20 Ultra display resolution is 3200 x 1440 (509dpi) and having 1440p interlacing available for video presentation. Your Huawei P30 display is only 2340 x 1080 (398 dpi). The Apple iPhone 11 pro is only surprising much lower in actual display resolution at 1792 X 828 (328dpi) and the P30 is better than Apple at this particular spec.

Don't get me wrong. The P30 does a great job at half the price and it works for you I think that is truly grea. It is good camera for the money and you may be able to find corner cases where it is better than others if you narrow them down enough but when it comes the big money items for a broad range of applications like display, image sensor, onboard computer chip, availble RAM and Flash storage, communications modem, the number and quality of sensing devices the S20 Utra is beyond rival.

Huawei P30 is a great and cost effective 108MP phone however Verizon is the best network for coverage over the entire United States if such things matter to you. Huawei P30 Pro is not compatible with Verizon GSM, Huawei P30 Pro is not compatible with Verizon HSDPA and compatible with Verizon LTE 50%. Huawei P30 Pro does not appear to be fully compatible with Verizon at this time. It will only support Verizon 4G LTE only in certain areas of United States.   I use the Verizon network and I want to use the full 5G capability as it rolls out.  This include tons of new bandwidth at mmWave frequencies which requires espensive special filters not available in may of the Huawei P30 on the Verizon Network and on many Unlocked or early generation 5G phones.   Working well on the Verizon Network matters to me but for many in the International market it is not important unless they visit the United States and travel around the US.

Jostian

Lee Jay wrote:

Jostian wrote:

Lee Jay wrote:

Panino Manino wrote:

No.

No way, no how.

The P30 pro has a 14.5mm lens with an 8MP sensor behind it with 1 micron pixels working out to 253 pixels per degree.

The S20 Ultra has a 19mm lens with a 48MP sensor behind it with 0.8 micron pixels working out to 415 pixels per degree.

your obsession that more pixels equals better IQ is just not fact! its more about processing and quality of the lens etc, especially in phones, where we have already shown in another thread that the S20U processing is poor,leading to smeary jpegs, a 200mp sensor wont help with that!

look at the results, at 5X see below, first crop is S20U, 2nd crop is P30 Pro easy to see a 8MP sensor beating a 48mp one, cos its more about the processing, and Samsung processing is poor.

S20U

-- hide signature --
Sony a9 Sony a6600 Tamron 28-75mm F2.8 III Tamron 20mm F2.8 Di III OSD 808 +2 more
RDM5546

Jostian wrote:

Lee Jay wrote:

Jostian wrote:

Lee Jay wrote:

Panino Manino wrote:

No.

No way, no how.

your obsession that more pixels equals better IQ is just not fact! its more about processing and quality of the lens etc, especially in phones, where we have already shown in another thread that the S20U processing is poor,leading to smeary jpegs, a 200mp sensor wont help with that!

look at the results, at 5X see below, first crop is S20U, 2nd crop is P30 Pro easy to see a 8MP sensor beating a 48mp one, cos its more about the processing, and Samsung processing is poor.

S20U

Both images look good to my eyes and my requirements. The P30 has a decent camera and can make decent images. However, the P30 has software problems hard quality limitations like some of the other flagship cameras. Software problems will be greatly reduced for all of these camera by over the air updates after the camera is in the hands of the consumers.

Huawei P30 has a particularly nasty bug in the sofware:

https://thedroidguy.com/fix-huawei-p30-pro-camera-not-working-camera-keeps-crashing-1105264

I am sure updates will come someday soon.

The display is an important part of any high end smartphone and Huawei does not have the best display but to some users that does not matter and they happy. There are many happy Iphone 11 users with displays that are pretty low resolution my comparison to more moder phones.

Although I do find the camera in the P30 decent, I have the greatest displeasure with the lack of good US telephone network support by the P30. In particular the network that work best at my house, Verizon. Even the top of the line Huawei P30 Pro is not compatible with Verizon GSM, Huawei P30 Pro is not compatible with Verizon HSDPA and compatible with Verizon LTE 50%. Huawei P30 Pro does not appear to be fully compatible with Verizon at this time. It will only support Verizon 4G LTE only in certain areas of United States. Overlooking good US network support is not a plus for this P30 in my book. You may not be aware that the S20 Ultra has been tested on the 5G Verizon network at one of the currently limited locations with peak data transfer speeds 66 times as fast as the currently used 4G LTE.  Not all 5G phones are able to do this speed from a lack bands support they fail to provide.  Yes, I when shooting and sharing lots of pictures I definitely have a need for speed.

All phones have good and bad. The P30 has the most good I think for the Internal user outside of the United States.

Jostian wrote:

Lee Jay wrote:

Jostian wrote:

Lee Jay wrote:

Panino Manino wrote:

No.

No way, no how.

your obsession that more pixels equals better IQ is just not fact!

Your pictures aren't the same size and the top one is out-of-focus.

I tested the Ultra's tele at 1:1 (10x), and it was pixel-sharp.

-- hide signature --

Lee Jay

Jostian

RDM5546 wrote:

Lee Jay wrote:

Jostian wrote:

Lee Jay wrote:

Panino Manino wrote:

No.

No way, no how.

The P30 pro has a 14.5mm lens with an 8MP sensor behind it working out to 253 pixels per degree.

The S20 Ultra has a 19mm lens with a 48MP sensor behind it working out to 415 pixels per degree.

Not only is the telephoto sensor just 8MP the display is a cheap

The S20 Ultra smartphone imagining platform has an Amazing quality OLED display that operates at 120Hz flicker free particuarly good for scrolling and gaming apps.

No single frequency 60Hz only for this display. For photography this display has great measured color matching test results (see below). This display is a big money item in S20 bill of materials along with the expensive 108MP sensor and the Qualcomm 865 processor and thos affect the retail cost and value of the smartphone. Quality sensors matter. TOF sensors are in Utra and they matter significantly for acheiving high performance AI capabilities.

Check out the Flagship Display Comparisons here:

http://www.displaymate.com/Galaxy_S20_ShootOut_1U.htm

This S20 Ultra display resolution is 3200 x 1440 (509dpi) and having 1440p interlacing available for video presentation. Your Huawei P30 display is only 2340 x 1080 (398 dpi). The Apple iPhone 11 pro is only surprising much lower in actual display resolution at 1792 X 828 (328dpi) and the P30 is better than Apple at this particular spec.

Don't get me wrong. The P30 does a great job at half the price and it works for you I think that is truly grea. It is good camera for the money and you may be able to find corner cases where it is better than others if you narrow them down enough but when it comes the big money items for a broad range of applications like display, image sensor, onboard computer chip, availble RAM and Flash storage, communications modem, the number and quality of sensing devices the S20 Utra is beyond rival.

Yes on a specsheet, pity about the ACTUAL IQ it produces.

Huawei P30 is a great and cost effective 108MP phone however Verizon is the best network for coverage over the entire United States if such things matter to you. Huawei P30 Pro is not compatible with Verizon GSM, Huawei P30 Pro is not compatible with Verizon HSDPA and compatible with Verizon LTE 50%. Huawei P30 Pro does not appear to be fully compatible with Verizon at this time. It will only support Verizon 4G LTE only in certain areas of United States. I use the Verizon network and I want to use the full 5G capability as it rolls out. This include tons of new bandwidth at mmWave frequencies which requires espensive special filters not available in may of the Huawei P30 on the Verizon Network and on many Unlocked or early generation 5G phones. Working well on the Verizon Network matters to me but for many in the International market it is not important unless they visit the United States and travel around the US.

Enjoy your S20U, your rambling about other specs means little, this is a Camera & Photo website and the S20U isnt producing IQ to match any of the specsheet hype... as this thread and others have shown, but hey you're are happy with it, enjoy! Cheers!

-- hide signature --
Jostian

RDM5546 wrote:

Jostian wrote:

Lee Jay wrote:

Jostian wrote:

Lee Jay wrote:

Panino Manino wrote:

No.

No way, no how.

S20U

Both images look good to my eyes and my requirements.

check your eyes the lettering on the clock in the Samsung shot is much softer and more blury, P30 Pro shot is visibly sharper, fine if you cant see or admit it, others will.

The P30 has a decent camera and can make decent images. However, the P30 has software problems hard quality limitations like some of the other flagship cameras. Software problems will be greatly reduced for all of these camera by over the air updates after the camera is in the hands of the consumers.

Huawei P30 has a particularly nasty bug in the sofware:

https://thedroidguy.com/fix-huawei-p30-pro-camera-not-working-camera-keeps-crashing-1105264

I am sure updates will come someday soon.

I havent had a single crash, but hey if you want to deflect to issues other than IQ where the P30 Pro excels, thats on you! And if you go to the bottom of the page there are troubleshooting guides for a whole bunch of Samsung phones to.

The display is an important part of any high end smartphone and Huawei does not have the best display but to some users that does not matter and they happy. There are many happy Iphone 11 users with displays that are pretty low resolution my comparison to more moder phones.

Although I do find the camera in the P30 decent, I have the greatest displeasure with the lack of good US telephone network support by the P30. In particular the network that work best at my house, Verizon. Even the top of the line Huawei P30 Pro is not compatible with Verizon GSM, Huawei P30 Pro is not compatible with Verizon HSDPA and compatible with Verizon LTE 50%. Huawei P30 Pro does not appear to be fully compatible with Verizon at this time. It will only support Verizon 4G LTE only in certain areas of United States. Overlooking good US network support is not a plus for this P30 in my book. You may not be aware that the S20 Ultra has been tested on the 5G Verizon network at one of the currently limited locations with peak data transfer speeds 66 times as fast as the currently used 4G LTE. Not all 5G phones are able to do this speed from a lack bands support they fail to provide. Yes, I when shooting and sharing lots of pictures I definitely have a need for speed.

All phones have good and bad. The P30 has the most good I think for the Internal user outside of the United States.

-- hide signature --
Jostian

Lee Jay wrote:

Jostian wrote:

Lee Jay wrote:

Jostian wrote:

Lee Jay wrote:

Panino Manino wrote:

No.

No way, no how.

your obsession that more pixels equals better IQ is just not fact!

Your pictures aren't the same size and the top one is out-of-focus.

no its not load the picture at full res from the site, you'll see.

top crop is S20U bottom is P30P at 10X, if you are getting pixel sharp images using digital zoom, then you are the only one in the universe to get pixel sharp images using digital zoom, well done. To me they both do poorly, as is the norm with optical vs digital zoom. But hey, your S20U seems to have cracked the digital zoom conundrum.

-- hide signature --

Jostian wrote:

I see it's still out of focus.

top crop is S20U bottom is P30P at 10X, if you are getting pixel sharp images using digital zoom,

It's not digital zoom - that's the whole point.  It's 1:1 a 4x and 48MP or 1:1 at 8x and 12MP.

-- hide signature --

Lee Jay

Jostian

Lee Jay wrote:

Jostian wrote:

top crop is S20U bottom is P30P at 10X, if you are getting pixel sharp images using digital zoom,

It's not digital zoom

its hybrid, and the IQ is not great at all, as shown, or is it also out of focus. Your own photos of the tree showed very poor jpeg processing (smeary and waxy) as mentioned by numerous others. if you want decent IQ you need to process the RAW files, Samsungs jpeg processing is junk.

- that's the whole point. It's 1:1 a 4x and 48MP or 1:1 at 8x and 12MP.

oh my, so all the photos are out of focus...convenient.

-- hide signature --

Jostian wrote:

Lee Jay wrote:

Jostian wrote:

It's not digital zoom

its hybrid, and the IQ is not great at all, as shown, or is it also out of focus. Your own photos of the tree showed very poor jpeg processing (smeary and waxy) as mentioned by numerous others.

From the main camera, yes.  Not from the telephoto camera.

if you want decent IQ you need to process the RAW files, Samsungs jpeg processing is junk.

And yet, on the S20, it's fine.

Well, my own shots with them in focus showed sharp results.

-- hide signature --

Lee Jay

RDM5546
Samsung S20 Ultra comparison with Sony A7R3 with a good lens

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bh270AgyMcc

I found the above Youtube interesting as it shows the performance of the S20 along side a good $3000 full frame 35mm mirrorless interchangeable lens camera with a good lens. Many reviewers are obsessed with how great their smartphone is and how the S20 Ultra fails to be as good as what they own now but this comparison is against a "real" full size professional quality camera with a large full frame 35mm sensor. The S20 may have one the largest sensors for a smartphone today but it's 1/1.33 inch size is still fairly small at 9.6x7.2mm in comparison to the Sony 35mm full frame sensor that is 36×24mm. The sensor area is what matters and the Sony A7R3 full frame sensor is more than11X bigger in area.

The review seems pretty impartial to me but it is clear the reviewer in impressed by some of the S20 capabilities but not all.

https://www.dpreview.com/news/0799990809/samsung-officially-unveils-108mp-isocell-bright-hmx-mobile-camera-sensor

Jostian

Lee Jay wrote:

Jostian wrote:

Lee Jay wrote:

Jostian wrote:

It's not digital zoom

its hybrid, and the IQ is not great at all, as shown, or is it also out of focus. Your own photos of the tree showed very poor jpeg processing (smeary and waxy) as mentioned by numerous others.

From the main camera, yes. Not from the telephoto camera.

if you want decent IQ you need to process the RAW files, Samsungs jpeg processing is junk.

And yet, on the S20, it's fine.

for you maybe.

Well, my own shots with them in focus showed sharp results.

mmm, here's a 100% crop from the 108 mp jpeg file from another thread on the S20 Ultra, if you are happy with this, great for you, I know I wont be...

And here's a 100% crop from my garden with my lowly P30 Pro

-- hide signature --

Jostian wrote:

Lee Jay wrote:

Jostian wrote:

From the main camera, yes. Not from the telephoto camera.

mmm, here's a 100% crop from the 108 mp jpeg file from another thread on the S20 Ultra, if you are happy with this, great for you, I know I wont be...

I've trimmed and highlighted this so your amazingly short attention span and inherent illiteracy can (hopefully) follow it.

-- hide signature --

Lee Jay

Jostian

Lee Jay wrote:

Jostian wrote:

Lee Jay wrote:

Jostian wrote:

From the main camera,

yes. Not from the telephoto camera

I've trimmed and highlighted this so your amazingly short attention span and inherent illiteracy can (hopefully) follow it.

oooh, such harshness... your 'inherent illiteracy' chirp is quite funny, coming from you! And you think the telephoto lens will miraculously use different jpeg processing to the other lenses... if you look at the crops you'll see the processing is the same.

thanks for the bold and italics, so you just confirming that the jpeg processing is poor from the main camera... thanks, yes that's what I've been saying all along! The main camera is the one people use most often right the one that's given crappy jpegs, thanks, yes.

I think its you who needs to pay more attention to what rubbish you write.

-- hide signature --
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads