[LR 9.2+] Share your ISO dependant preset samples

Started 6 months ago | Discussions
tokumeino Veteran Member • Posts: 3,058
[LR 9.2+] Share your ISO dependant preset samples

The Bulk Develop Setting still offers more options, but LR Classic 9.2 now natively allows to automatically interpolate setting values based on ISO values : https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/raw-defaults.html

Adobe provides 2 xmp sample files (https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/raw-defaults.html#iso-dependent-presets-examples) that one may define as defaults for a specific camera. The most obvious and straightforward usage is to let LR automatically interpolates NR values depending on ISO but it seems that possibilties go beyond that, with many (any ?) setting possibly automatically set on import, based on ISO value.

Would you mind sharing your XMP files ? It could be of a syntaxic interest, but it could also reveal interresting strategies to make the most out of your raw files.

tokumeino's gear list:tokumeino's gear list
Sony ZV-1 Google Pixel 4 +5 more
Zeee Forum Pro • Posts: 21,679
Re: [LR 9.2+] Share your ISO dependant preset samples

That is pretty interesting. Currently I'm using this. but I may have to try the LR version.

My settings for this app. Canon R   100 ISO = 5.  40,000 ISO = 60

http://regex.info/blog/lightroom-goodies/bulk-develop

-- hide signature --

I feel even more confident that soon things will have a wonderful conclusion

Zeee's gear list:Zeee's gear list
Canon EOS R Canon EF-M 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM Canon RF 24-105mm F4L IS USM Canon RF 100-500mm F4.5-7.1L IS USM

I have been travelling and just got home. It appears you need to use a text editor t to make this work. Adobe provided a few example presets but not specific enough for me.

-- hide signature --

Canon EOS R Canon EF-M 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM Canon RF 24-105mm F4L IS USM Canon RF 100-500mm F4.5-7.1L IS USM
Serych New Member • Posts: 5

I have created simple online ISO dependent preset generator on my pages:
https://jakub.serych.cz/W/lrpreset/

You can use it to build and share presets with others.

That looks interesting. I found Adobe's method a pain to use so I just continued to use the plug-in.

-- hide signature --

OP tokumeino Veteran Member • Posts: 3,058

Serych wrote:

Sorry, I've been off for a few weeks. Amazing and thant you so much ! Bookmarked.

tokumeino's gear list:tokumeino's gear list
Sony ZV-1 Google Pixel 4 +5 more

Serych wrote:

I'm having another look at this. I'd also like to also have a Custom colour profile and  adjustments to Texture, Clarity and Dehaze also auto import. These adjustments do not need a range. Just fixed values like +20. +12, +15.

I created a preset using the generator imported it. How can I apply my request? I imported the generated preset and tried to make those changes by making the actual adjustments to a file and then updating the preset but it didn't work.

-- hide signature --

Paul Manuel Junior Member • Posts: 37

Zeee wrote:

Serych wrote:

I'm having another look at this. I'd also like to also have a Custom colour profile and adjustments to Texture, Clarity and Dehaze also auto import. These adjustments do not need a range. Just fixed values like +20. +12, +15.

I created a preset using the generator imported it. How can I apply my request? I imported the generated preset and tried to make those changes by making the actual adjustments to a file and then updating the preset but it didn't work.

Create a preset with the Texture, Clarity and Dehaze values you want. Now open this and the generated preset in a text editor.

I use a Mac and the free version of BBEdit is ideal for this. Right click on each preset in Lightroom then choose "Show in Finder". In the Finder, again right click on each .xmp file and choose Open with and choose BBEdit (or any text editor).

With both the .xmp files open in a text editor you can copy the lines for Texture, Clarity and Dehaze from the preset you created and paste them into the generated preset in more or less the same position they were in, in the preset you created. Save the now modified generated preset.

Back in Lightroom in Preferences > Presets, choose your modified generated preset as the default to be applied on import.

I have no programming skills but I have been able to get this "reverse engineering" technique to work. Give it a try!

Paul Manuel wrote:

Zeee wrote:

Serych wrote:

I'm having another look at this. I'd also like to also have a Custom colour profile and adjustments to Texture, Clarity and Dehaze also auto import. These adjustments do not need a range. Just fixed values like +20. +12, +15.

Create a preset with the Texture, Clarity and Dehaze values you want. Now open this and the generated preset in a text editor.

I use a Mac and the free version of BBEdit is ideal for this. Right click on each preset in Lightroom then choose "Show in Finder". In the Finder, again right click on each .xmp file and choose Open with and choose BBEdit (or any text editor).

With both the .xmp files open in a text editor you can copy the lines for Texture, Clarity and Dehaze from the preset you created and paste them into the generated preset in more or less the same position they were in, in the preset you created. Save the now modified generated preset.

Back in Lightroom in Preferences > Presets, choose your modified generated preset as the default to be applied on import.

I have no programming skills but I have been able to get this "reverse engineering" technique to work. Give it a try!

Thanks. I’ll try that.

-- hide signature --

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads