Could it all right to buy X-pro3 now?

Started Mar 2, 2020 | Questions
skyesong78 New Member • Posts: 8
Could it all right to buy X-pro3 now?

Hello,

I am considering to buy a new X-Pro3 in London.

I have read many threads about quality issues regarding painting and EVF... How are they now?

I would like to listen to you if it is all right to buy X-pro3 now. I am living in London...

ps. Which model could have lesser problems between black and dura black?

Many thanks.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
BryceM
BryceM Senior Member • Posts: 1,879
Re: Could it all right to buy X-pro3 now?

We still haven't seen an accounting of possibly affected serial numbers yet. 93 and 94 serials (all finishes) have been reported with the issue. These mean they were manufactured in the 3rd and 4th quarters of 2019. Haven't heard anything about 01 cameras (q1 2020). Either way, apply the latest firmware first thing and if you have an issue, you can trust that Fuji or your local dealer will take care of you. No issues with my 94 series camera.

-- hide signature --

- International Man of Mystery

BryceM's gear list:BryceM's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm X-Pro3 Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R +41 more
AshleyMC Senior Member • Posts: 1,001

I have been using a black X-Pro2 for many years and encountered ZERO problems.

Of all the X cameras that I own, my X-Pro2 is the most "pro" camera. I smile every time I pick it up -- excellent fit and finish, fantastic mechanical operations.

If I had money to spare, I would buy a second one for the heck of it. I don't care for the X-Pro3.

mcshan Veteran Member • Posts: 4,549

I have not read anything indicating the problem has been resolved. Why risk it? I would wait until a true solution has been found.

-- hide signature --

"Open the pod bay doors HAL"

mcshan's gear list:mcshan's gear list
Fujifilm X100F Canon G9 X II Sony RX1R Leica X Vario Sony RX100 IV +13 more
goodbokeh
goodbokeh Contributing Member • Posts: 989

skyesong78 wrote:

Hello,

I have read many threads about quality issues regarding painting and EVF... How are they now?

I would like to listen to you if it is all right to buy X-pro3 now. I am living in London...

Many thanks.

Asking this question here or anywhere is simply placing your faith in an unscientific rumor mill. Buy the X-Pro3 and if you have a problem you can return it to the store in the first few weeks and also you will have a 1 year warranty. BTW, I bought two X-Pro3 Dura Silvers at the end of the year. Both are running great, YMMV.

goodbokeh's gear list:goodbokeh's gear list
Sony a7R III Fujifilm X-Pro3 Fujifilm X-T4 Fujifilm GFX 100S Zeiss Batis 85mm F1.8 +26 more
deednets Forum Pro • Posts: 11,272

skyesong78 wrote:

Hello,

Many thanks.

Have a 94xxxxxxx serial no and no issues whatsoever.

Chose the Dura Black, the one that looks like my grandfather's pre-first WW leather jacket after a little play with it and no picture taken.

Just kidding! The best camera I ever owned and also really like the screen setup! In case you are interested, I like it a lot because of the switch-on/off that is the hinge itself, like the magnetic covers on iPads. You open the screen and it's on. The other reason is the low angle possibilities. I use it more than I ever used the X-T3 screen. Compared to the Pro3 the screen on the T3 is fiddly. And you also have to either leave the screen at eye sensor - which i I really dislike - or use the display button and toggle through the cycle. The Pro3 much more user friendly in this regard.

Also shields light off better than the T3 ... and I have and use both.

Deed

deednets's gear list:deednets's gear list
Sony RX1R II Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm X-Pro3 Fujifilm 50mm F2 R WR Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R +7 more
Threaded Veteran Member • Posts: 3,405

I’ve noticed something interesting in the Fuji UK refurb store.

Watching the store for bargains and price movements has become a bit of a hobby of mine over the past few years.  As with any new Fuji, the X-Pro3 appeared on the store a short while after it launched, at the reduced price of £1349, and they had a few available for a while last year, so far so normal.

What’s interesting is that for a long time now, they’ve been completely out of stock.  Now bear in mind the refurb store stock is made up entirely of cameras that have either (a) been returned to a retailer for any reason, ie they didn’t like the colour etc, OR models with a specific fault that needed repair (the Fuji UK repair facility in Bedford, which handles repairs from across the EU, run the store out of the same office).

Now either EVERY X-Pro3 sold in the UK and EU has been completely fault free AND nobody that has purchased one has had any second thoughts or buyers remorse whatsoever, OR they have a stock of returned cameras that they’re currently withholding from sale.

Given that this is a Fuji service centre, it crossed my mind that they may be aware of an impending fix needed to these cameras - a component replacement for the OLED for example - and they’re waiting to apply this fix to the X-Pro3s waiting in their workshop before releasing them for sale.  Pure speculation on my part, but... possible?

Threaded's gear list:Threaded's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-Pro3 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 23mm F2 R WR
DarnGoodPhotos Forum Pro • Posts: 10,598

AshleyMC wrote:

I have been using a black X-Pro2 for many years and encountered ZERO problems.

Of all the X cameras that I own, my X-Pro2 is the most "pro" camera. I smile every time I pick it up -- excellent fit and finish, fantastic mechanical operations.

I like mine so much that I sold my black one and bought a graphite one with he graphite 23mm lens.

If I had money to spare, I would buy a second one for the heck of it. I don't care for the X-Pro3.

I value the improvements in the 3, but don't do any paying work to where I could justify the expense right now.

-- hide signature --

www.darngoodphotos.com

DarnGoodPhotos's gear list:DarnGoodPhotos's gear list
Fujifilm X100V Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F2 R WR +2 more
OP skyesong78 New Member • Posts: 8

I also just have been to the UK website. It is quite surprising...

X-pro3, both new and refurb cameras, are all out of stock.

I guess you are right. There seems to be a hardware fixation going on (or being planned soon).

Many thanks again.

skyesong78 wrote:

Yes I noticed that too, just after I posted - very unusual for Fuji themselves to be completely out of stock on a recent model unless there’s something else afoot.

Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-Pro3 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 23mm F2 R WR
goodbokeh
goodbokeh Contributing Member • Posts: 989

skyesong78 wrote:

I guess you are right. There seems to be a hardware fixation going on (or being planned soon).

Many thanks again.

Oh my another rumor monger. What a surprise from a brand new member and a X-Pro3 hater, what do you know. Attention seekers all.

goodbokeh's gear list:goodbokeh's gear list
Sony a7R III Fujifilm X-Pro3 Fujifilm X-T4 Fujifilm GFX 100S Zeiss Batis 85mm F1.8 +26 more

goodbokeh wrote:

skyesong78 wrote:

Many thanks again.

Oh my another rumor monger. What a surprise from a brand new member and a X-Pro3 hater, what do you know. Attention seekers all.

Erm, I get that I’m the “X-Pro3 hater” but what does that have to do with anything here?  If I’m mongering any rumour it’s that Fuji might be trying to fix the EVF issue - wouldn’t that be a good thing?

OP skyesong78 New Member • Posts: 8

goodbokeh wrote:

skyesong78 wrote:

Many thanks again.

Dear Sir,

I am not a new member indeed. I have used Fuji cameras since S3pro and recently GFX50S.

I am interested in X-Pro3 and would like to know when would be proper time to buy it. I hope you would not misunderstand.

AshleyMC Senior Member • Posts: 1,001

goodbokeh wrote:

skyesong78 wrote:

Many thanks again.

Oh my another rumor monger.

What kind of condescending judgment is that? Is it necessary at all?

What a surprise from a brand new member

Is that how you welcome new members?

and a X-Pro3 hater,

How exactly did you assess that? Even if someone "hates" the X-Pro3, what does that have anything to do with you?

what do you know. Attention seekers all.

Another discriminatory accusation! You must have your head checked.

Your post added zero value to this thread. Did you post to seek attention?

LMOE Regular Member • Posts: 267

skyesong78 wrote:

goodbokeh wrote:

skyesong78 wrote:

Many thanks again.

Dear Sir,

I am not a new member indeed. I have used Fuji cameras since S3pro and recently GFX50S.

I am interested in X-Pro3 and would like to know when would be proper time to buy it. I hope you would not misunderstand.

No worries.  He trolls here and other forums going after anyone that might sing anything other than praise for Fuji.  Never ceases to amaze me what set some folks off.  Decorum is a lost art anymore.

Proud Xpro3 hater here.   I have had the X-Pro3 for three months with no EVF issues.   However, Fuji has acknowledged the issue without identifying a fix.  Latest firmware announcement was vague as to what it was supposed to correct and one user even reported the issue after installing it.  I believe Fuji will stand by their word and replace any and all defective EVF's.  It is up to you to decide if you want to take that risk and deal with the potential disruption having a camera repaired.  If you really need or want it now, go for it.  If not, waiting would probably be the better option.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads