This month with your Nikon 1 - March 2020

Started Mar 1, 2020 | Discussions
holgerlinke Regular Member • Posts: 456
This month with your Nikon 1 - March 2020

Welcome to another monthly thread. Feel free to share your work either here or through individual threads on the forum, whatever you are more comfortable with.

The rules are simple:

• Add your contribution by responding to this first message in this topic.
  • Change the subject of your message, then embed your image into the reply with whatever you’d like to say about it.
  • If you want criticism/critique (C&C) or technique feedback, say so. It’s generally assumed that you want general feedback, but direct requests make it clearer.

The title of the thread shouldn't discourage you from posting older pictures. Feel free to post anything that you found again in your archives or that you are currently working on.

Link to previous threads:

2020: Feb - Jan

2019: Dec - Nov - Oct - Sep - Aug - July - June - May - April - March - Feb - Jan

2018: Dec - Nov - Oct - Sep - Aug - July - June - May - April - March - Feb - Jan

2017: Dec - Nov - Oct - Sep - Aug - July - June - May- April - March - Feb

Cheers,
Holger

holgerlinke's gear list:holgerlinke's gear list
Fujifilm X100F Nikon 1 V3 Nikon 1 J5 Sony a7R II Nikon Z7 +19 more
Wu Jiaqiu
Wu Jiaqiu Forum Pro • Posts: 29,094
Cherry Blossom

-- hide signature --

the computer says no

Wu Jiaqiu's gear list:Wu Jiaqiu's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Nikon D2Xs Nikon 1 V1 Nikon 1 J3 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF +3 more
iserp Forum Member • Posts: 54
Re: Cherry Blossom

Do you think it is a cherry blossom? In Spain cherry trees blossom later and are usually white, but plum trees have already flowered., but I guess that changes from country to country.

I took this photo last week of a flowered plum tree.

Wu Jiaqiu
Wu Jiaqiu Forum Pro • Posts: 29,094
Re: Cherry Blossom

iserp wrote:

Do you think it is a cherry blossom? In Spain cherry trees blossom later and are usually white, but plum trees have already flowered., but I guess that changes from country to country.

I took this photo last week of a flowered plum tree.

maybe it is....i have no idea

-- hide signature --

the computer says no

Wu Jiaqiu's gear list:Wu Jiaqiu's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Nikon D2Xs Nikon 1 V1 Nikon 1 J3 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF +3 more
Tord S Eriksson
Tord S Eriksson Forum Pro • Posts: 16,818
He's back!

We had a pretty regular visitor here till we left for Thailand in August, and now a couple of days after we came back he's here again!

That the Sigma 100-400 C is again working (after firmware upgrading) came just at the right moment, so that's what I had on my camera (sadly not a N1 camera, but I hadn't time to switch, I hope it's OK).

Love this lens, no matter what camera it is mounted on!

A rainy, overcast morning and this guy came visiting after our half-year absence! His wife came, too!

-- hide signature --

tordseriksson (at) gmail.....
Owner of a handful of Nikon cameras. And a few lenses.

Tord S Eriksson's gear list:Tord S Eriksson's gear list
Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom Ricoh GR Nikon 1 V1 Nikon D600 Nikon D3300 +24 more
dtc25 Contributing Member • Posts: 532
Happy to be outside!

February has been a frustrating month, at least photography-wise. The series of Atlantic storms that happened to coincide with weekends have made getting out a bit difficult. I did manage to get out with my V2 and J5 on Sunday. Here are a few shots, just taken in the area around my house.

Muntjac (also known as "barking deer") hiding in the bushes

Stonechat

Hoping for more photographic opportunities as the days get longer!

dtc25's gear list:dtc25's gear list
Nikon Z50 Nikon Z7 II Tamron SP 150-600mm F5-6.3 Di VC USD G2 Nikon 10-20mm F4.5-5.6 VR Nikon AP-F 70-300mm F4.5-5.6E +9 more
RichDitch
RichDitch Senior Member • Posts: 1,461
Re: Happy to be outside!

Those are all nice images. I'd never heard of "barking deer" before and would very much like to see one unobstructed sometime. Very interesting. The trees also make good subjects and compositions.

Thanks. These deer are natives of southeast Asia but there is quite a large population in parts of the United Kingdom, all descended from animals that escaped from captivity. Below is a shot where you can see more of the deer, again taken with my V2. They are quite small, about the size of a large dog.

Nikon Z50 Nikon Z7 II Tamron SP 150-600mm F5-6.3 Di VC USD G2 Nikon 10-20mm F4.5-5.6 VR Nikon AP-F 70-300mm F4.5-5.6E +9 more
RichDitch
Some recent random March photos from Phoenix

I like to take along at least an N1 body and 10-100 whenever I'm out running errands for the unexpected opportunities I stumble upon.

I had to Google this to find out what it was, and I'm happy to report that even though it involves thread it does not also involve a needle.

Brow Threading Salon

Yet another geezer in an old Chevy, this time from 1957. Perhaps the guy saw one in the showroom in 1957 and has wanter his own ever since? At least it reminded me that there are more expensive hobbies than collecting and using N1 cameras and lenses.

1957 Chevrolet with period whitewall tires and fender skirts

No need for a hobby to spend a lot of money! The local Mercedes dealer has two in stock at the moment for only $142,000 (each).

Mercedes AMG V8 Biturbo roadster

I think it must have a Force Field option that repells all other lesser cars from parking nearby.

Mercedes AMG V8 Biturbo roadster

RichDitch

dtc25 wrote:

Thanks. These deer are natives of southeast Asia but there is quite a large population in parts of the United Kingdom, all descended from animals that escaped from captivity. Below is a shot where you can see more of the deer, again taken with my V2. They are quite small, about the size of a large dog.

Thanks for posting this. What a strange animal, at least to someone who has never seen one before. Now I will have to do some research!

Tord S Eriksson

dtc25 wrote:

Only seen glimpses of them in Thailand!

-- hide signature --

Tord S Eriksson wrote:

dtc25 wrote:

There are quite a lot of them where I live. They are fairly shy so they keep their distance (the reach of the V2 with 70-300 CX definitely helps). When we're out for a walk in the evening we often hear their barking calls but they're not always seen. Unfortunately, they're quite commonly seen dead at the side of the roads. I believe the entire UK population is descended from animals that escaped from a single estate in the 1920s. Apparently it's set to become the most common species of deer in England.

Adzor Contributing Member • Posts: 519
Cow

Adzor's gear list:Adzor's gear list
Nikon 1 Nikkor 32mm f/1.2 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon 1 V2 Nikon 1 V3 Nikon 1 J5 +12 more
Tord S Eriksson

dtc25 wrote:

Tord S Eriksson wrote:

dtc25 wrote:

There are quite a lot of them where I live. They are fairly shy so they keep their distance (the reach of the V2 with 70-300 CX definitely helps). When we're out for a walk in the evening we often hear their barking calls but they're not always seen. Unfortunately, they're quite commonly seen dead at the side of the roads. I believe the entire UK population is descended from animals that escaped from a single estate in the 1920s. Apparently it's set to become the most common species of deer in England.

Roe deer are stil, the most common in Sweden, and no muntjacs yet!

-- hide signature --

steras Senior Member • Posts: 1,198
Blue moon

The old V1 behind the 200-500.

steras's gear list:steras's gear list
Canon PowerShot G10 Nikon D40 Nikon D90 Nikon D2H Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 +10 more
Tord S Eriksson
Re: Blue moon

steras wrote:

The old V1 behind the 200-500.

Lovely shot! Tell us more, how did you do it, what ISO, stacked, or what?!

-- hide signature --

Adzor Contributing Member • Posts: 519
Great Horned Owl

After sunset

Adzor's gear list:Adzor's gear list
Nikon 1 Nikkor 32mm f/1.2 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon 1 V2 Nikon 1 V3 Nikon 1 J5 +12 more
harry Veteran Member • Posts: 3,415
Re: Myrtle Beach Birds

V1 + 70-300mm DX AF-P

-- hide signature --

HLL7575

harry's gear list:harry's gear list
Nikon Coolpix AW110 Nikon Coolpix A1000 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon 1 V2 Nikon 1 J5 +8 more
harry Veteran Member • Posts: 3,415
Test Shots of Sigma 100-400mm Contemporary on V1

Temperature is still too cold in my area (Washington, DC). Just got myself a brand new Sigma 100-400mm Contemporary (thanks to Tord’s recommendation) yesterday and couldn’t wait to test on home flowers first. Hopefully a few bird sightings will ensue in the coming weeks with this lens. Love the color rendition, contrast, and sharpness. It feels heavier than I thought.

-- hide signature --

HLL7575

harry's gear list:harry's gear list
Nikon Coolpix AW110 Nikon Coolpix A1000 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon 1 V2 Nikon 1 J5 +8 more
Tord S Eriksson
Re: Myrtle Beach Birds

harry wrote:

V1 + 70-300mm DX AF-P

Totally delightful shots!

-- hide signature --

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads