Help needed - Anyone has/had both GX85 and A7iii?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions
goshigoo Contributing Member • Posts: 918
Help needed - Anyone has/had both GX85 and A7iii?
2

I have been thinking for long time of moving from m43 (GX85 + 14/20/45/7-14/35-100) to A7iii (35 + 85 f/1.8, and now perhaps 20 f/1.8 and Tamron 70-180 or wait for A7iv this year).

I also have 5D3 + 35 f/1.4 II, 135 f/2 and 70-200 f/4 - However I rarely take them out because of the size.

I love the photos taken by my 5D3; the photos from my GX85 are ok given its portability.

As I already have 2 system so I do not want to add another system.

I would like to ask for those who owns both cameras; could you share your opinions after moving to A7iii?

Obviously I am not able to ask this question in m43 forum as I will be branded troll for sure

Thank you!

Canon EOS 5D Mark III Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
rashid7
rashid7 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,569
Re: Help needed - Anyone has/had both GX85 and A7iii?
2

I had the GX85, and currently 4 others G9/ GX95/GX8/Gh4

I own the A7Rii.  The Tamron "native" sony lenses are fantastic and allow $avings from over-priced Sony ones!

But remember; EVERY camera is a COMPROMISE!

Don't expect miracles.  UI and ergo aren't a Sony strength.  The sensor is.  Also i don't think the build quality is that hi.  Average at best.

For me (I favor night city-scapes taken from tripod) the G9 hi-rez mode is equal to anything i can get from the A7Rii.  Also handheld IBIS is much better than sonyFF.  However the sony sensor is impressive... prob better in low light than your canon.

-- hide signature --

Keep it fun!

Foto4x4 Veteran Member • Posts: 3,245
Re: Help needed - Anyone has/had both GX85 and A7iii?
1

Not the GX85 but like Rashid7 I’ve had plenty of M4/3 gear, including a GX8, GX9, EM1.2 and a couple other bodies. I had some great M4/3 glass too, my favourites being Oly 12-40, 12-100, PL100-400 and a couple short primes. Having previously shot with Sony both compact RX100s and APS-C models there was this yearning to try Sony FF. I picked up an A7RII off eBay at a great price and soon bought some good lenses. The results from a 42Mp sensor outclassed my M4/3 gear when matched with G and GM glass. I recently sold all my remaining M4/3 gear to fund a 100-400GM with some left over for a 16-35/f4.

My EM1.2 has high res mode too, but since exposures need still subjects or night scenes where light trails add creativity, I rarely used it. And you don’t have the feature in your GX85 anyway. I don’t miss it at all.

The questions that you do need to consider though are these.

  1. Do I want to retain some lightweight gear? The Sony bodies may be a little smaller than you 5D3, but the lenses are FF and similar in size and weight to Canon’s.
  2. Will 24Mp really give me that much better image quality at normal viewing and printing sizes. I think not. However, 42Mp is another thing altogether especially if you crop images.
  3. Is this just GAS? Mine probably was but in the end I’ve made the right decision to abandon M4/3 completely. I have a RX100VI for compact shooting. And I have a couple small primes that make the A7RII less to carry around so long as I leave the big lenses at home.
  4. Are you prepared to sell your Canon gear and will you gain enough advantage to justify any loss that might incur. I am uncertain there is value in doing that. Then you need to ask, if you want to stay with no more than 2 systems, which do you sacrifice.

You have some hard thinking to do. In my case jumping from M4/3 to FF only made sense if I also raised the Mp equation. For me 42Mp is a sweet spot. I am not convinced 61Mp will bring me much more than I have now, but I do know that I’m in front of my 16 and 20Mp M4/3 cameras despite how good they were ergonomically, and feature wise.

Let us know how you get on... and good luck!

-- hide signature --

Cheers, John
Quote: “If your pictures aren’t good enough, you’re not close enough.”, Robert Capa

 Foto4x4's gear list:Foto4x4's gear list
Sony RX100 VI Sony a7R II Sony a7R III Sony FE 70-200 F4 Sony 50mm F2.8 Macro +8 more
rashid7
rashid7 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,569
Re: Help needed - Anyone has/had both GX85 and A7iii?

Foto4x4 wrote:

Not the GX85 but like Rashid7 I’ve had plenty of M4/3 gear, including a GX8, GX9, EM1.2 and a couple other bodies. I had some great M4/3 glass too, my favourites being Oly 12-40, 12-100, PL100-400 and a couple short primes. Having previously shot with Sony both compact RX100s and APS-C models there was this yearning to try Sony FF. I picked up an A7RII off eBay at a great price and soon bought some good lenses. The results from a 42Mp sensor outclassed my M4/3 gear when matched with G and GM glass. I recently sold all my remaining M4/3 gear to fund a 100-400GM with some left over for a 16-35/f4.

My EM1.2 has high res mode too, but since exposures need still subjects or night scenes where light trails add creativity, I rarely used it. And you don’t have the feature in your GX85 anyway. I don’t miss it at all.

The questions that you do need to consider though are these.

  1. Do I want to retain some lightweight gear? The Sony bodies may be a little smaller than you 5D3, but the lenses are FF and similar in size and weight to Canon’s.
  2. Will 24Mp really give me that much better image quality at normal viewing and printing sizes. I think not. However, 42Mp is another thing altogether especially if you crop images.
  3. Is this just GAS? Mine probably was but in the end I’ve made the right decision to abandon M4/3 completely. I have a RX100VI for compact shooting. And I have a couple small primes that make the A7RII less to carry around so long as I leave the big lenses at home.
  4. Are you prepared to sell your Canon gear and will you gain enough advantage to justify any loss that might incur. I am uncertain there is value in doing that. Then you need to ask, if you want to stay with no more than 2 systems, which do you sacrifice.

You have some hard thinking to do. In my case jumping from M4/3 to FF only made sense if I also raised the Mp equation. For me 42Mp is a sweet spot. I am not convinced 61Mp will bring me much more than I have now, but I do know that I’m in front of my 16 and 20Mp M4/3 cameras despite how good they were ergonomically, and feature wise.

Let us know how you get on... and good luck!

I agree... i think u will need to go to a hi MP sensor to see any dif in rez.  However, the A7iii will boost your low light performance by about 2 stops, and give you (potentially) the highly exaggerated benefit of narrow depth of focus.  The better low light performance applies mainly to dynamic subjects.  With static ones, you can brace and/or rely on the superior IBIS and Dual IS of the smaller sensor.  The GX also does a very good job of stabilizing 4K

Don't rush into this, unless u've money to burn, he he

-- hide signature --

Keep it fun!

Foto4x4 Veteran Member • Posts: 3,245
Re: Help needed - Anyone has/had both GX85 and A7iii?

rashid7 wrote:

I agree... i think u will need to go to a hi MP sensor to see any dif in rez. However, the A7iii will boost your low light performance by about 2 stops, and give you (potentially) the highly exaggerated benefit of narrow depth of focus. The better low light performance applies mainly to dynamic subjects. With static ones, you can brace and/or rely on the superior IBIS and Dual IS of the smaller sensor. The GX also does a very good job of stabilizing 4K

Don't rush into this, unless u've money to burn, he he

Yes, that’s a really good point. The better ISO performance of FF is largely negated by the extra 2 or so stops of IS with some M4/3 cameras. As you say it’s of little worth though if the subject isn’t stationary. Then again to stop any motion requires reasonably fast shutter speed. If you can’t shoot fast enough you use the motion for creativity, no? 

-- hide signature --

Cheers, John
Quote: “If your pictures aren’t good enough, you’re not close enough.”, Robert Capa

 Foto4x4's gear list:Foto4x4's gear list
Sony RX100 VI Sony a7R II Sony a7R III Sony FE 70-200 F4 Sony 50mm F2.8 Macro +8 more
rashid7
rashid7 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,569
Re: Help needed - Anyone has/had both GX85 and A7iii?

Foto4x4 wrote:

rashid7 wrote:

I agree... i think u will need to go to a hi MP sensor to see any dif in rez. However, the A7iii will boost your low light performance by about 2 stops, and give you (potentially) the highly exaggerated benefit of narrow depth of focus. The better low light performance applies mainly to dynamic subjects. With static ones, you can brace and/or rely on the superior IBIS and Dual IS of the smaller sensor. The GX also does a very good job of stabilizing 4K

Don't rush into this, unless u've money to burn, he he

Yes, that’s a really good point. The better ISO performance of FF is largely negated by the extra 2 or so stops of IS with some M4/3 cameras. As you say it’s of little worth though if the subject isn’t stationary. Then again to stop any motion requires reasonably fast shutter speed. If you can’t shoot fast enough you use the motion for creativity, no?

Yes, I find that i don't mind my night shots of public places shot at, say 1/10 sec (or longer!).  Many folk are standing still, and i don't find the blurred ones distracting from the photo, unless they feature prominently (large in the frame)

-- hide signature --

Keep it fun!

rashid7
rashid7 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,569
Re: Help needed - Anyone has/had both GX85 and A7iii?

rashid7 wrote:

Foto4x4 wrote:

rashid7 wrote:

I agree... i think u will need to go to a hi MP sensor to see any dif in rez. However, the A7iii will boost your low light performance by about 2 stops, and give you (potentially) the highly exaggerated benefit of narrow depth of focus. The better low light performance applies mainly to dynamic subjects. With static ones, you can brace and/or rely on the superior IBIS and Dual IS of the smaller sensor. The GX also does a very good job of stabilizing 4K

Don't rush into this, unless u've money to burn, he he

Yes, that’s a really good point. The better ISO performance of FF is largely negated by the extra 2 or so stops of IS with some M4/3 cameras. As you say it’s of little worth though if the subject isn’t stationary. Then again to stop any motion requires reasonably fast shutter speed. If you can’t shoot fast enough you use the motion for creativity, no?

Yes, I find that i don't mind my night shots of public places shot at, say 1/10 sec (or longer!). Many folk are standing still, and i don't find the blurred ones distracting from the photo, unless they feature prominently (large in the frame)

-- hide signature --

Keep it fun!

photoholiko Senior Member • Posts: 2,788
Re: Help needed - Anyone has/had both GX85 and A7iii?
1

I don't have the A7III but I have the A7II and the GX85. I  don't see a tremendous difference in IQ between the two but I have no real complaints since I primarily use the A with adapted lenses. One thing surprised me was the weight of the A7II, I recommend you hold the A7III in your hands before deciding that you have any weight advantage over your Canon gear.

 photoholiko's gear list:photoholiko's gear list
Canon EOS 400D Olympus PEN E-PL1 Epson PhotoPC 850 Zoom Minolta DiMAGE 7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 +34 more
rashid7
rashid7 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,569
Re: Help needed - Anyone has/had both GX85 and A7iii?

photoholiko wrote:

I don't have the A7III but I have the A7II and the GX85. I don't see a tremendous difference in IQ between the two but I have no real complaints since I primarily use the A with adapted lenses. One thing surprised me was the weight of the A7II, I recommend you hold the A7III in your hands before deciding that you have any weight advantage over your Canon gear.

most FF lenses are large, regardless.

The size saving for m4/3 is (potentially) in the lenses... unless u r hung up on 'equivalence' ha ha

-- hide signature --

Keep it fun!

Parshua New Member • Posts: 22
Re: Help needed - Anyone has/had both GX85 and A7iii?
1

goshigoo wrote:

I have been thinking for long time of moving from m43 (GX85 + 14/20/45/7-14/35-100) to A7iii (35 + 85 f/1.8, and now perhaps 20 f/1.8 and Tamron 70-180 or wait for A7iv this year).

I also have 5D3 + 35 f/1.4 II, 135 f/2 and 70-200 f/4 - However I rarely take them out because of the size.

I love the photos taken by my 5D3; the photos from my GX85 are ok given its portability.

As I already have 2 system so I do not want to add another system.

I would like to ask for those who owns both cameras; could you share your opinions after moving to A7iii?

Obviously I am not able to ask this question in m43 forum as I will be branded troll for sure

Thank you!

I don't have the GX85, but plenty of other m43 gear, listed below. I also have a Sony A7 III with the two Tamron zooms and a Samyang 35mm/2.8.

My take on it is that if you are a pro and the size/weight doesn't really matter, go for the Sony. You will absolutely hate the camera coming from m43, but will love the IQ, battery life and the insane AF. That IQ also only really shines when you begin shooting in low light btw. In good light, the results will rarely be much different, although A7 III will have DR and color saturation advantage.

But if you use your gear casually, you will regret it. Even with the Tamrons, the A7 III is quite a bit larger and heavier, hence more noticeable and burdensome.

The A7 III can replace your Canon though, with caveats.

 Parshua's gear list:Parshua's gear list
Ricoh GR II Sigma DP2 Merrill Olympus E-M1 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Fujifilm X-Pro1 +22 more
Jacques Cornell
Jacques Cornell Forum Pro • Posts: 12,594
Keeping both.
1

goshigoo wrote:

I have been thinking for long time of moving from m43 (GX85 + 14/20/45/7-14/35-100) to A7iii (35 + 85 f/1.8, and now perhaps 20 f/1.8 and Tamron 70-180 or wait for A7iv this year).

I also have 5D3 + 35 f/1.4 II, 135 f/2 and 70-200 f/4 - However I rarely take them out because of the size.

I love the photos taken by my 5D3; the photos from my GX85 are ok given its portability.

As I already have 2 system so I do not want to add another system.

I would like to ask for those who owns both cameras; could you share your opinions after moving to A7iii?

Obviously I am not able to ask this question in m43 forum as I will be branded troll for sure

Thank you!

I've shot MFT professionally for 6+ years. Recently added a7III & a7RIII to my kit. I'll probably sell of some of my numerous MFT bodies and all my MFT primes, but I'll keep my GX9 and 14-140 & 12-32 zooms, and maybe a GX8 with 12-35 & 35-100 zooms because the MFT/35mm format size & weight difference is still substantial enough to make MFT my go-to for certain uses.

-- hide signature --

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
http://jacquescornell.photography
http://happening.photos

 Jacques Cornell's gear list:Jacques Cornell's gear list
Panasonic FZ1000 Panasonic LX100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 Sony a7R II +49 more
Jacques Cornell
Jacques Cornell Forum Pro • Posts: 12,594
Re: Help needed - Anyone has/had both GX85 and A7iii?

photoholiko wrote:

I don't have the A7III but I have the A7II and the GX85. I don't see a tremendous difference in IQ between the two but I have no real complaints since I primarily use the A with adapted lenses. One thing surprised me was the weight of the A7II, I recommend you hold the A7III in your hands before deciding that you have any weight advantage over your Canon gear.

Yeah, my a7III & a7RIII are about the size of my GX8, but the GX8 is a whole lot lighter. And, of course, my MFT lenses are much lighter, as well.

-- hide signature --

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
http://jacquescornell.photography
http://happening.photos

 Jacques Cornell's gear list:Jacques Cornell's gear list
Panasonic FZ1000 Panasonic LX100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 Sony a7R II +49 more
Klopfer Forum Member • Posts: 55
Re: Keeping both.

I had a gx85 and Nikon D750.  I decided that I should consolidate to one system.  So now I have an a7iii and a6400.  I use the a7iii most of the time, adding the a6400 as a second body during travel or for reach.

When I want small I use the Samyang 35mm/2.8 on the A7iii.  It is quite sharp (at least my copy), small and a good focal length.  The Samyang 45mm/1.8 is also quite light and useful.

The Tamron 2.8 zooms are larger than anything I had on m43, but quite a bit smaller and lighter than the lenses I used on the Nikon.  Making them small enough to take most places most of the time.

I wish the Sony 16-50 on the a6xxx series was as good as the Panasonic 12-32.  But other than that I appreciate the autofocus system of the Sony as well as the dynamic range and high iso capabilities.

 Klopfer's gear list:Klopfer's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PM2 Sony a7 III Sony a6400 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 25mm F1.8 Tamron 28-75mm F2.8 III +10 more
Foto4x4 Veteran Member • Posts: 3,245
Re: Help needed - Anyone has/had both GX85 and A7iii?
2

rashid7 wrote:

photoholiko wrote:

I don't have the A7III but I have the A7II and the GX85. I don't see a tremendous difference in IQ between the two but I have no real complaints since I primarily use the A with adapted lenses. One thing surprised me was the weight of the A7II, I recommend you hold the A7III in your hands before deciding that you have any weight advantage over your Canon gear.

most FF lenses are large, regardless.

The size saving for m4/3 is (potentially) in the lenses... unless u r hung up on 'equivalence' ha ha

One of the deciding factors for my decision to go all in with Sony FF, was that my EM1.2 + 12-100 was almost identical in size and weight as the A7RII + 24-105 (though the latter has only half the longer reach but you could get closer by using crop mode).

-- hide signature --

Cheers, John
Quote: “If your pictures aren’t good enough, you’re not close enough.”, Robert Capa

 Foto4x4's gear list:Foto4x4's gear list
Sony RX100 VI Sony a7R II Sony a7R III Sony FE 70-200 F4 Sony 50mm F2.8 Macro +8 more
hungrylau Senior Member • Posts: 1,446
Re: Help needed - Anyone has/had both GX85 and A7iii?

goshigoo wrote:

I have been thinking for long time of moving from m43 (GX85 + 14/20/45/7-14/35-100) to A7iii (35 + 85 f/1.8, and now perhaps 20 f/1.8 and Tamron 70-180 or wait for A7iv this year).

I also have 5D3 + 35 f/1.4 II, 135 f/2 and 70-200 f/4 - However I rarely take them out because of the size.

I love the photos taken by my 5D3; the photos from my GX85 are ok given its portability.

As I already have 2 system so I do not want to add another system.

I would like to ask for those who owns both cameras; could you share your opinions after moving to A7iii?

Obviously I am not able to ask this question in m43 forum as I will be branded troll for sure

Thank you!

Some questions:

  1. what do you want to do with an a7iii?
    1. how much of a factor is size and weight on what you do?
    2. do you require long battery life and usb charging?
    3. will you be able to cope with the a7iii or a7iv's menus and ergos?
  2. how much of a lowlight shooter are you? If not much, then do you want to do more when shooting with a Sony?
  3. would you consider getting a metabones or sigma adapter to continue using those canon lenses?
  4. do you require a flip screen or tilt screen?
  5. how much video do you do?
  6. If weight is an issue, then have you considered getting into sony apsc like an a6400 or a6600 instead of an a7iii?
    1. the sigma f/1.4 primes are super cheap, sharp and provide fantastic rendering/blur- especially the 16mm f/1.4 and 56mm f/1.4
    2. the sony 1655 is expensive but fantastic 
    3. the sony 18135 is sharp, but a bit dull in rendering imo
 hungrylau's gear list:hungrylau's gear list
Sony a7 III Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Zeiss Loxia 35 Zeiss Loxia 50 Sony Vario-Tessar T* FE 16-35mm F4 ZA OSS
LenRivers Senior Member • Posts: 2,458
Re: Help needed - Anyone has/had both GX85 and A7iii?
1

goshigoo wrote:

I have been thinking for long time of moving from m43 (GX85 + 14/20/45/7-14/35-100) to A7iii (35 + 85 f/1.8, and now perhaps 20 f/1.8 and Tamron 70-180 or wait for A7iv this year).

I also have 5D3 + 35 f/1.4 II, 135 f/2 and 70-200 f/4 - However I rarely take them out because of the size.

I love the photos taken by my 5D3; the photos from my GX85 are ok given its portability.

As I already have 2 system so I do not want to add another system.

I would like to ask for those who owns both cameras; could you share your opinions after moving to A7iii?

Obviously I am not able to ask this question in m43 forum as I will be branded troll for sure

Thank you!

Since 2009 or so I have made my rounds with a Nikon D90, then Micro 4/3's (Panasonic) then Fuji X, back to Nikon FF then to Sony A7 iii.  In the middle I had Sony APS-C

I shot with upgrading bodies and lenses in each system as my needs changed.

**

I will say this and this is just me I am not telling you what to do. My view is all.

If one is not using a camera or lenses sell it, that represents $100 bills depreciating.

Be result driven.

***

What can the Sony A7 iii do that your Panasonic cant, What can Sony do that Canon cant

If your goal is just a small camera system look at Micro 4/3's and Fuji X.

IF you want F 2.8 zooms and size and weight are an issue Sony and well FF is not for you.

***

The goal is what type of photography do you do on a regular basis.   Maybe all you need is a point and shoot camera or a bridge camera like the Sony RX-10.  You may not need a system camera? I dont know... Only you know.

***

I have the A7 iii with the 24-105, 200-600 and I just sold the Batis 18, 40 and 135 mm which I will still recommend just made some gear changes.    Just sold the Batis lenses and video gear to add a new camera when I think the Sony is too much to carry.

I use the Sony for event photography 24-105 with flash OCF and I just got a killer price on that 200-600 it was a no brainer (way less then they sell for)  Keeping that for now.

Buy what you need in that moment and sell what you dont use or try to know that you just dont need to buy it to begin with.

Foto4x4 Veteran Member • Posts: 3,245
Good advice this!
1

I will say this and this is just me I am not telling you what to do. My view is all.

If one is not using a camera or lenses sell it, that represents $100 bills depreciating.

Always sound advice. I loved my EM1.2 and Pro lenses but wasn’t using them. Now sold, I’m not missing them but appreciating the gear I used the cash to purchase.
--
Cheers, John
Quote: “If your pictures aren’t good enough, you’re not close enough.”, Robert Capa

 Foto4x4's gear list:Foto4x4's gear list
Sony RX100 VI Sony a7R II Sony a7R III Sony FE 70-200 F4 Sony 50mm F2.8 Macro +8 more
LenRivers Senior Member • Posts: 2,458
Re: Good advice this!

Yep, we just date the gear its not a marriage or something like that lol

OP goshigoo Contributing Member • Posts: 918
Re: Help needed - Anyone has/had both GX85 and A7iii?

photoholiko wrote:

I don't have the A7III but I have the A7II and the GX85. I don't see a tremendous difference in IQ between the two but I have no real complaints since I primarily use the A with adapted lenses. One thing surprised me was the weight of the A7II, I recommend you hold the A7III in your hands before deciding that you have any weight advantage over your Canon gear.

Indeed! I just did and A7iii is really quite heavy!

I can see material IQ difference between the shots taken from my 5D3 vs GX85

I was hoping A7iii can give me similiar IQ difference
Thanks!

OP goshigoo Contributing Member • Posts: 918
Re: Help needed - Anyone has/had both GX85 and A7iii?

LenRivers wrote:

goshigoo wrote:

I have been thinking for long time of moving from m43 (GX85 + 14/20/45/7-14/35-100) to A7iii (35 + 85 f/1.8, and now perhaps 20 f/1.8 and Tamron 70-180 or wait for A7iv this year).

I also have 5D3 + 35 f/1.4 II, 135 f/2 and 70-200 f/4 - However I rarely take them out because of the size.

I love the photos taken by my 5D3; the photos from my GX85 are ok given its portability.

As I already have 2 system so I do not want to add another system.

I would like to ask for those who owns both cameras; could you share your opinions after moving to A7iii?

Obviously I am not able to ask this question in m43 forum as I will be branded troll for sure

Thank you!

Since 2009 or so I have made my rounds with a Nikon D90, then Micro 4/3's (Panasonic) then Fuji X, back to Nikon FF then to Sony A7 iii. In the middle I had Sony APS-C

I shot with upgrading bodies and lenses in each system as my needs changed.

**

I will say this and this is just me I am not telling you what to do. My view is all.

If one is not using a camera or lenses sell it, that represents $100 bills depreciating.

Be result driven.

***

What can the Sony A7 iii do that your Panasonic cant, What can Sony do that Canon cant

If your goal is just a small camera system look at Micro 4/3's and Fuji X.

IF you want F 2.8 zooms and size and weight are an issue Sony and well FF is not for you.

***

The goal is what type of photography do you do on a regular basis. Maybe all you need is a point and shoot camera or a bridge camera like the Sony RX-10. You may not need a system camera? I dont know... Only you know.

***

I have the A7 iii with the 24-105, 200-600 and I just sold the Batis 18, 40 and 135 mm which I will still recommend just made some gear changes. Just sold the Batis lenses and video gear to add a new camera when I think the Sony is too much to carry.

I use the Sony for event photography 24-105 with flash OCF and I just got a killer price on that 200-600 it was a no brainer (way less then they sell for) Keeping that for now.

Buy what you need in that moment and sell what you dont use or try to know that you just dont need to buy it to begin with.

Thanks for your reply

I have reviewd the photos I took in my gallery - I like those taken by 5D3, the IQ difference is quite obviouious 
However, I rarely use my 5D3 since it is really too big and heavy!

I only have 35 f/1.4 II, 135 f/2 and 70-200 => they are much bigger than Panasonic 20 f/1.7, Olympus 45 f/1.8, 35-100 f/4-5.6.............

I was hoping A7iii + 35 f/1.8, 85 f/1.8 can give me FF IQ but in a smaller / lighter package
(but I have tried the combo at a shop over the weekend, A7iii is a bit heavy)

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads