Disabble Focus point move

Started Feb 23, 2020 | Discussions
ZioPepino Junior Member • Posts: 44
Disabble Focus point move

Hi everyone,

I did my first street photo session with my brand new xt30 yesterday and i realized i screwed a lot of photos because my focus point (the little square that i set in the middle of the frame) wasn't in the right place....

My screen touch is already disabbled, i guess it's walking, i must be touching the joystick...

Is there any way to avoid it ? I would like that my focus point always stay in the center of the frame, and lock it...

thank you very much!

TheSloth
TheSloth Forum Member • Posts: 94
Re: Disabble Focus point move

I'm sure you can disable it from the wrench menu -> focus lever setting (if it is there in the T30).

TheSloth's gear list:TheSloth's gear list
Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm X-Pro3 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R XF 90mm Phase One Capture One Pro
frez Regular Member • Posts: 334

You need practice with the new camera and develop some muscle memory for not hitting q and joystick.I don’t know if the joystick can be disabled.

Try setting it up in manual focus, with back button focus activated, pre-focussed with a narrow aperture you can shoot street without needing to focus too often.

if someone else doesn’t step in with the bb focus settings I’ll add them later when I’ve got the camera to hand,

frez's gear list:frez's gear list
Fujifilm X-T30 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 Fujifilm XF 23mm F2 R WR Fujifilm 50mm F2 R WR +1 more
Greybeard2017
Greybeard2017 Senior Member • Posts: 1,689

ZioPepino wrote:

Hi everyone,

I did my first street photo session with my brand new xt30 yesterday and i realized i screwed a lot of photos because my focus point (the little square that i set in the middle of the frame) wasn't in the right place....

My screen touch is already disabbled, i guess it's walking, i must be touching the joystick...

Is there any way to avoid it ? I would like that my focus point always stay in the center of the frame, and lock it...

thank you very much!

on the Setup=>Button/Dial =>Focus Lever Setting

You can choose to lock it completely or have the menu appear on a long joystick press so you can easily switch.

Greybeard2017's gear list:Greybeard2017's gear list
Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm X-T30 Fujifilm X-S10
frez Regular Member • Posts: 334

Press and hold the focus stick it will give you the option to turn it on, off or on with a press.

BBF - set camera to manual, assign instant af setting to af-c (or af-s if you prefer), set af-on to your button of preference if you dont like normal afl button to do it. Then shutter still does it focus half press when in af-s or af-c or in full auto mode, but in af-m you use your assigned button for bbf. You can then use BBF to pre focus and then leave it alone.

frez's gear list:frez's gear list
Fujifilm X-T30 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 Fujifilm XF 23mm F2 R WR Fujifilm 50mm F2 R WR +1 more
OP ZioPepino Junior Member • Posts: 44

Thank you so much everybody!!

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads