Lumix DC-G9

Started 8 months ago | Discussions
Kubicide Contributing Member • Posts: 515
Re: Lumix DC-G9

Caramel0 wrote:

Hello Kubicide

Sure I did a test with other SD Cards and other PC to examine the video clips. Today I got an answer from Panasonic support, telling me this is normal to have the 500ms audio missing at beginning of each clip, to "suppress camera noise, eg. rec button". I really cannot belive this answer. So I try to convince Panasonic, that my model has some recording flaw.

On my OneDrive, I have 5 original clips done with a fixed camara. I have recorded 2 sec, wait 1 sec and record again .. Then I joined the clips. (Ausgabe.mp4). If you play the joined videoclip, you hear the 4 "joints" as small audio pauses. The video has no frame lost during the pauses.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aj6i4w0Ez_1hjc4yzYZTiBawoHj8Dw?e=cmgtX7

Regards

Well, I d/l a couple of separate clips and don't see (or hear) any audio delay. You're saying you see half a second of missing audio. That's a long time! I don't see anything here on 2x different PCs.

What settings are you using in-camera?

Like I and others have said we do not see any missing audio in our G9 recordings. None. My GH5 is also perfect. And I use a number of different settings.

Also post the make and model SD cards - still suspect these are the problem.

Caramel0 New Member • Posts: 8

Hell Kubicide

I have recorded again some Clips. I record (in Europe) with 50 frames per seconds. Each clip has the first 19 frames no audio. This means 19/50 sec no Audio or 380ms.
In addition I added a screenshot of the audio waveforms (Adobe Premiere LE)
I really appreciate that you take the time and have downloaded the clips.

It would be nice if you have once some time and can paste in the one drive (R/W) your short clips

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aj6i4w0Ez_1hjc4y3QywRTmZo0ZWrQ?e=fdAgYp
Then I can go again the the Panasonic support center.

All the best

Caramel0 wrote:

Hell Kubicide

I have recorded again some Clips. I record (in Europe) with 50 frames per seconds. Each clip has the first 19 frames no audio. This means 19/50 sec no Audio or 380ms.
In addition I added a screenshot of the audio waveforms (Adobe Premiere LE)
I really appreciate that you take the time and have downloaded the clips.

It would be nice if you have once some time and can paste in the one drive (R/W) your short clips

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aj6i4w0Ez_1hjc4y3QywRTmZo0ZWrQ?e=fdAgYp
Then I can go again the the Panasonic support center.

All the best

What is the make/brand and model of your SD cards?

junk1 Senior Member • Posts: 1,732

SD card is my guess too even though video is recorded...SOMETHING is causing it....

I use SanDisk Extreme PRO 64GB with a Writespeed of 95MB/s
I tried also with other SD Cards (Kinston/Transcend) allway the same result.

Jeff4500
Jeff4500 Senior Member • Posts: 1,784

Your card is too slow. Go with the fastest card you can afford on the G9.

-- hide signature --

Regards,
Jeff

Jeff4500's gear list:Jeff4500's gear list
Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH +4 more
ChrisFB Regular Member • Posts: 361

Jeff4500 wrote:

Your card is too slow. Go with the fastest card you can afford on the G9.

To test this, I would ask the OP: what happens if you record in lower res/frame rates? e.g. 24p or FHD?

ChrisFB's gear list:ChrisFB's gear list
Canon PowerShot G7 X Panasonic Lumix DC-GX9 Canon EOS M50 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Panasonic 20mm F1.7 II +1 more

Hi Jeff4500
I don't think the card is the problem, as camera is wrriting a mpg4 file on the card. The mpg4 contains Video and Audio multiplexed. So if the Audio is missing the first 300ms, why then the Video is captured perfectly. The card has no knowledge what contents the camera is storing (just a file).

What card would you then recommend? I mean, the card is on the list of Panasonic tested cards with this camera.

I did the Recordings in Ultra4K, FullHD with each 50p and FullHD also with 25p, all the same result.

Jeff4500
Jeff4500 Senior Member • Posts: 1,784

UHS-II in slot 1

-- hide signature --

Regards,
Jeff

Jeff4500's gear list:Jeff4500's gear list
Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH +4 more
junk1 Senior Member • Posts: 1,732

Running newest firmware?

Yes version 2.1
I would like to see a one or two sample clips taken with your DC-G9 camera, how they look at the beginning.

Well, I give up as you keep changing the detail here: first it was 500ms then 400ms then now it's 300ms of audio delay - and your examples show no sign of any delay whatsoever. And you avoided the SD card question 2x times at first. So I don't think there is a problem, sorry.

Good luck if you are have trouble. But I can tell you my G9 is fine, no delay. And many others have no trouble, no audio delay, with the G9.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads