Fujifilm X-T4 Vertical Battery Grip VG-XT4 Registered

Started 2 months ago | Discussions
Birdie55 Regular Member • Posts: 240
Fujifilm X-T4 Vertical Battery Grip VG-XT4 Registered

According to Fujirumors, a vertical battery grip for the X-T4 has been registered.

I am not particularly interested in the X-T4, based on the rumored specs that are availble at this stage. But reading this headline puzzles me, although I am not sure whether in a positive or negative way. A vertical battery grip? Sounds like an accessory for a modular type camera. Any thoughts from my fellow forum members?

Birdie

 Birdie55's gear list:Birdie55's gear list
Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm X30 Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +3 more
Bogibbes Regular Member • Posts: 170
Re: Fujifilm X-T4 Vertical Battery Grip VG-XT4 Registered
1

Birdie55 wrote:

According to Fujirumors, a vertical battery grip for the X-T4 has been registered.

I am not particularly interested in the X-T4, based on the rumored specs that are availble at this stage. But reading this headline puzzles me, although I am not sure whether in a positive or negative way. A vertical battery grip? Sounds like an accessory for a modular type camera. Any thoughts from my fellow forum members?

Birdie

The X-T1, X-T2, X-T3, and X-H1 all had an optional battery grip.

What's puzzling about the X-T4 having one as well?

-- hide signature --

IG: bogibbes

 Bogibbes's gear list:Bogibbes's gear list
Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 50-140mm F2.8 Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR Fujifilm XF 200mm F2 Fujifilm XF 16mm F2.8
Benjamin Kanarek
Benjamin Kanarek Veteran Member • Posts: 4,034
Re: Fujifilm X-T4 Vertical Battery Grip VG-XT4 Registered
1

Birdie55 wrote:

According to Fujirumors, a vertical battery grip for the X-T4 has been registered.

I am not particularly interested in the X-T4, based on the rumored specs that are availble at this stage. But reading this headline puzzles me, although I am not sure whether in a positive or negative way. A vertical battery grip? Sounds like an accessory for a modular type camera. Any thoughts from my fellow forum members?

Birdie

It's a vertical grip...whats the big deal! It does what it is supposed to do, allow you to not have to ret your hand over the top of the camera.

 Benjamin Kanarek's gear list:Benjamin Kanarek's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon D800E Nikon D810 Fujifilm GFX 50S Fujifilm X-T20 +36 more
lewiedude2
lewiedude2 Senior Member • Posts: 1,771
Re: Fujifilm X-T4 Vertical Battery Grip VG-XT4 Registered
1

Birdie55 wrote:

According to Fujirumors, a vertical battery grip for the X-T4 has been registered.

I am not particularly interested in the X-T4, based on the rumored specs that are availble at this stage. But reading this headline puzzles me, although I am not sure whether in a positive or negative way. A vertical battery grip? Sounds like an accessory for a modular type camera. Any thoughts from my fellow forum members?

Birdie

Yes, my thought is that I have no idea why you think it would be any different than the existing grips for ALL of the X series camera bodies...how do you turn it into a 'modular' type accessory? Don't you have a battery grip for your X-H1? How could it possibly be any different. Now, I haven't clicked through to any of the Fuji Rumors click bait-y stories and that's my personal preference...it will be what it will be...sit back and enjoy the wait.

 lewiedude2's gear list:lewiedude2's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR
robert1955 Veteran Member • Posts: 4,715
Re: Fujifilm X-T4 Vertical Battery Grip VG-XT4 Registered

Bogibbes wrote:

Birdie55 wrote:

According to Fujirumors, a vertical battery grip for the X-T4 has been registered.

I am not particularly interested in the X-T4, based on the rumored specs that are availble at this stage. But reading this headline puzzles me, although I am not sure whether in a positive or negative way. A vertical battery grip? Sounds like an accessory for a modular type camera. Any thoughts from my fellow forum members?

Birdie

The X-T1, X-T2, X-T3, and X-H1 all had an optional battery grip.

What's puzzling about the X-T4 having one as well?

The OP was puzzled by vertical. But the previous grips were named the same way

 robert1955's gear list:robert1955's gear list
Fujifilm X-E3 Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR Fujifilm 50mm F2 R WR Samyang 12mm F2.0 NCS CS XF 90mm
Steve Bingham
Steve Bingham Forum Pro • Posts: 27,198
Re: Fujifilm X-T4 Vertical Battery Grip VG-XT4 Registered

It's a vertical grip! It allows you to take vertical shots without having to contort your body for these shots.

-- hide signature --

Steve Bingham

 Steve Bingham's gear list:Steve Bingham's gear list
Nikon Coolpix 990 Nikon D810 Nikon D7200 Fujifilm X-H1 Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D +29 more
OP Birdie55 Regular Member • Posts: 240
Re: Fujifilm X-T4 Vertical Battery Grip VG-XT4 Registered

Steve Bingham wrote:

It's a vertical grip! It allows you to take vertical shots without having to contort your body for these shots.

Oh my bad. That's what happens when logical thinking is beaten by some other thinking. The grip is horizontal, allowing for better vertical handling of the camera. So focus is on handling and not battery, hence the summarizing term grip. Right?

Just wondering though: the X-T4 gets a larger/better battery, and still needs additional batteries? Why not a GFX 100 style body from the outset, just smaller? Maybe reserved for the X-H2.

😁😁😁Birdie

 Birdie55's gear list:Birdie55's gear list
Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm X30 Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +3 more
robert1955 Veteran Member • Posts: 4,715
Re: Fujifilm X-T4 Vertical Battery Grip VG-XT4 Registered

Birdie55 wrote:

Steve Bingham wrote:

It's a vertical grip! It allows you to take vertical shots without having to contort your body for these shots.

Oh my bad. That's what happens when logical thinking is beaten by some other thinking. The grip is horizontal, allowing for better vertical handling of the camera. So focus is on handling and not battery, hence the summarizing term grip. Right?

Just wondering though: the X-T4 gets a larger/better battery, and still needs additional batteries? Why not a GFX 100 style body from the outset, just smaller? Maybe reserved for the X-H2.

😁😁😁Birdie

it does not 'need' extra batteries, some users want it and/or want the grip anyway

 robert1955's gear list:robert1955's gear list
Fujifilm X-E3 Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR Fujifilm 50mm F2 R WR Samyang 12mm F2.0 NCS CS XF 90mm
Steve Bingham
Steve Bingham Forum Pro • Posts: 27,198
Re: Fujifilm X-T4 Vertical Battery Grip VG-XT4 Registered

robert1955 wrote:

Birdie55 wrote:

Steve Bingham wrote:

It's a vertical grip! It allows you to take vertical shots without having to contort your body for these shots.

Oh my bad. That's what happens when logical thinking is beaten by some other thinking. The grip is horizontal, allowing for better vertical handling of the camera. So focus is on handling and not battery, hence the summarizing term grip. Right?

Just wondering though: the X-T4 gets a larger/better battery, and still needs additional batteries? Why not a GFX 100 style body from the outset, just smaller? Maybe reserved for the X-H2.

😁😁😁Birdie

it does not 'need' extra batteries, some users want it and/or want the grip anyway

Like me? I really do not want an extra large battery. I'm happy with the regular battery - and my X-H1.

-- hide signature --

Steve Bingham

 Steve Bingham's gear list:Steve Bingham's gear list
Nikon Coolpix 990 Nikon D810 Nikon D7200 Fujifilm X-H1 Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D +29 more
shigzeo
shigzeo Senior Member • Posts: 2,189
Re: Fujifilm X-T4 Vertical Battery Grip VG-XT4 Registered

I just hope that it is more robust than the X-T3 version, whose vertical pole moves when gripped hard because it isn’t metal.

 shigzeo's gear list:shigzeo's gear list
Leica SL (Typ 601) Fujifilm GFX 50S Leica M10 Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm X-T3 +7 more
holashobby Contributing Member • Posts: 842
Re: Fujifilm X-T4 Vertical Battery Grip VG-XT4 Registered

That's a good thing, since it implies that the new camera does not have an integrated battery grip.

 holashobby's gear list:holashobby's gear list
Panasonic LX10 Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 +3 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads