Fuji - Acros wow

Started 2 months ago | Discussions
adam10 Regular Member • Posts: 273
Fuji - Acros wow

I’m definitely going back to Fuji and plan to purchase the X100 V at the Photography Show, NEC next month.  Hoping for some “show” deals.  In the meantime I’ve been looking at Acros film simulations on the internet.  Blown away by them.  I should imagine Acros images taken in the rain look moody and brilliant.

Fujifilm FinePix X100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Tkshaffer
Tkshaffer Regular Member • Posts: 159
Re: Fuji - Acros wow

My fave sim by far.  Love it.

Tkshaffer's gear list:Tkshaffer's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Samyang 12mm F2.0 NCS CS Fujifilm XF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 OIS WR +4 more
jrk
jrk Senior Member • Posts: 2,971

adam10 wrote:

I’m definitely going back to Fuji and plan to purchase the X100 V at the Photography Show, NEC next month. Hoping for some “show” deals. In the meantime I’ve been looking at Acros film simulations on the internet. Blown away by them. I should imagine Acros images taken in the rain look moody and brilliant.

They are fantastic, it is my favorite simulation without a doubt.  I do add in the red filter quite a bit with it.  Good luck.  If you haven't used the X100 series cameras before, you will love it.  I currently have the original X100 and the X100F.

-- hide signature --

We all have wings
Some of us don't know why
-INXS-

jrk's gear list:jrk's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X100F Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm X-T3 +12 more
stevo23 Forum Pro • Posts: 23,663

Tkshaffer wrote:

My fave sim by far. Love it.

How would you describe it? I can't really put my finger on how it's different from the standard BW simulation. But when I do my own kind of thing through SilverEfx, it tends to be very Acros like.

stevo23's gear list:stevo23's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R +3 more
AshleyMC Regular Member • Posts: 483

stevo23 wrote:

Tkshaffer wrote:

My fave sim by far. Love it.

How would you describe it? I can't really put my finger on how it's different from the standard BW simulation. But when I do my own kind of thing through SilverEfx, it tends to be very Acros like.

”Appreciation” is personal, but “understanding” may be common. When something is deeply understood, one tends to develop a heightened appreciation of it.

https://fujifilm-x.com/global/stories/the-newest-film-simulation-acros/

Doug MacMillan Veteran Member • Posts: 3,043

Also adjusting highlight and shadow settings can have a big effect.

Doug MacMillan's gear list:Doug MacMillan's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-E3 Fujifilm X-H1 Canon EF 85mm F1.8 USM +9 more
Tom Schum
Tom Schum Veteran Member • Posts: 9,323

I've been appreciating Acros with my X-T3.  Great and subtle grain there too, but to see it I have to turn off the X-T3 "grain effect".  I could shoot monochrome with "grain effect" turned on, but it isn't as good as Acros grain.

If I develop my raws (shooting Acros and saving Raw+JPG) and choose Acros as the film sim in the raw developer, I don't get the grain.  It is only in the in-camera JPGs.  Funny.  I've been using the Fuji/Silkypix free raw developer.  So, because of this I like the JPGs from the camera better than raws.

Lately I've been shooting ISO bracketed Acros, which makes three JPG and/or Raw copies of the image (just one shutter click) at different ISOs.  Then I can bring the JPGs directly into HDR software.  Loving this.

Sometimes I'll take the raw and develop it in color, depending on the content.  It's nice to have this resource, even though it saves to the SD card a bit slower.

I have not heard that cameras from other manufacturers do ISO bracketing.  It's the closest thing I've found to "single-shot HDR".

Good luck and happy shooting!

-- hide signature --

Tom Schum
Copper: Mankind's favorite electrical conductor

Tom Schum's gear list:Tom Schum's gear list
Fujifilm X30 Sigma dp0 Quattro Fujifilm X-E1 Sigma sd Quattro Fujifilm X-T3 +12 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads