X-T4 coming with a X-T200 style flippy screen

Started 2 months ago | Discussions
Marek1977 Regular Member • Posts: 495
Re: X-T4 coming with a X-T200 style flippy screen

holashobby wrote:

A bit of a bummer for me, just read on Fujirumours that the X-T4 is coming with a X-T200 style flippy screen. X-T200 style screenI suppose that's X-T4 and X-pro3 off the list for variations on the same theme , oh well.

Fujirumor website is pure clickbait

Marek1977's gear list:Marek1977's gear list
Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R XF 90mm
LarsRost Regular Member • Posts: 474

holashobby wrote:

A bit of a bummer for me, just read on Fujirumours that the X-T4 is coming with a X-T200 style flippy screen. X-T200 style screenI suppose that's X-T4 and X-pro3 off the list for variations on the same theme , oh well.

So, X-ProX for the old old fashioned still photographer. X-TX for the combined hipster/trendy and "want it all" amateur photographer. Hopefully we will see  a new X-HX (or a different name) for the semi-pro or pro photographer.

.lars

LarsRost's gear list:LarsRost's gear list
Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR XF 90mm Fujifilm XF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 OIS WR
tokumeino Senior Member • Posts: 2,950

Does it mean that for a photography purpose, you cannot in one simple gesture flip the screen upwards to shoot from a belt level ?

tokumeino's gear list:tokumeino's gear list
Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 Canon G7 X II Fujifilm X-T3 Samyang 8mm F2.8 UMC Fisheye +6 more
Troubleshooter
Troubleshooter Regular Member • Posts: 354

Yes....

Troubleshooter's gear list:Troubleshooter's gear list
Fujifilm X100T Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm X-T3
EuronGreyjoy
EuronGreyjoy Regular Member • Posts: 233

Marek1977 wrote:

holashobby wrote:

Fuji Rumors is mostly spot on and almost always the first to break news and accurate rumors though.

Absolutely love the site, also in touch with the admin regularly, incredibly hard working guy (pretty obsessive about the site) .

Clickbait would imply they publish fake news or no news which is definitely not the case.

I'm not in any way affiliated with the site but feel that it's often misunderstood, possibly also because of Patrick's style.

EuronGreyjoy's gear list:EuronGreyjoy's gear list
Fujifilm X100V Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm GFX 50R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Samyang 8mm F2.8 UMC Fisheye +14 more
SirPalomid
SirPalomid Contributing Member • Posts: 862
Re: Multi-axis tilt screen vs full swivel screen

boogisha wrote:

Also, tilt screen stays aligned with the lens (and camera), while swivel screen sticks out to the side, being both unusual to shoot with (adding to the feeling you`re looking at some external screen, off-camera axis) and making camera volume appear much greater (more attention grabbing, but also requiring different handing).

This. I just hate articulating sxreen, not it only adds volume and grabbs attention, when flipped out, but only this of-camera axis feel is so strange, and I tend to not level horizon properly. When shoting concerts it is so much easier with tilt screen above your head than with articulated on the side (with risk that someone can bump it with hand and damage a camera). Fuji had some clever design of tilt + flip screen in X-T3 (?), so why change it?

SirPalomid's gear list:SirPalomid's gear list
Fujifilm X100F Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-T1 Olympus E-M1 II Samyang 7.5mm F3.5 Fisheye +6 more
There is still hope : only a rumor

Troubleshooter wrote:

Yes....

I think that many came to Fuji mostly for handling motivations (no PASM for instance... that was my case). If the screen design is so poor, than I think it will be a deal breaker for some.

But it is only a rumor. I've read that there are smarter designs out there, gathering advantages of both tilt and flip screens. Fuji will perhaps provide something better than a basic flippy screen. It would still qualify as swivel, but not in the XT200 style, more like Panasonic or Pentax.

Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 Canon G7 X II Fujifilm X-T3 Samyang 8mm F2.8 UMC Fisheye +6 more
Re: Multi-axis tilt screen vs full swivel screen

SirPalomid wrote:

boogisha wrote:

Also, tilt screen stays aligned with the lens (and camera), while swivel screen sticks out to the side, being both unusual to shoot with (adding to the feeling you`re looking at some external screen, off-camera axis) and making camera volume appear much greater (more attention grabbing, but also requiring different handing).

This. I just hate articulating sxreen, not it only adds volume and grabbs attention, when flipped out, but only this of-camera axis feel is so strange, and I tend to not level horizon properly. When shoting concerts it is so much easier with tilt screen above your head than with articulated on the side (with risk that someone can bump it with hand and damage a camera). Fuji had some clever design of tilt + flip screen in X-T3 (?), so why change it?

Yes. Plus, flipping the screen is often very inconvenient due to straps. By keeping the screen "inside" the camera witdth, each gesture is simpler (and there are less of them, in addition).

Miguel-C
Miguel-C Senior Member • Posts: 1,191

holashobby wrote:

That sucks, even the XT100 had a better screen than the XT200.

col4bin
col4bin Contributing Member • Posts: 961

It looks like the X-T# line is moving in the direction of a video centric camera and perhaps the X-H# line will be stills centric.

-- hide signature --

col4bin's gear list:col4bin's gear list
Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS Fujifilm XF 35mm F2 R WR Fujifilm XF 23mm F2 R WR Fujifilm XF 16mm F2.8 +1 more
Fuji Maine Contributing Member • Posts: 705

col4bin wrote:

It looks like the X-T# line is moving in the direction of a video centric camera and perhaps the X-H# line will be stills centric.

As indicated by it having 6k video capability. Oh wait, nevermind. Just wait until it's announced that it only has three axis IBIS. This very well could be the ultimate camera of compromise and cost cutting that makes no one happy.

It will be interesting to see what they try and charge for this.

It's a little bit bigger which will upset group A but if it's without an actual XH1 grip it will upset group B.

It's got a flip out screen but they just recycled an existing design that no one seems to be happy about.

No 6k.

Likely the same year and a half old sensor and processor.

Hopefully it comes with a leaf shutter from the XH1 but I don't think that can happen without a real grip.

And the final straw will be a less effective three stop ibis.

I really really really wanted this camera to be something significant and great but I fear that a statement about the way this camera is shaping up is going to hold true: this thing is going to be an absolute dumpster fire.

CP+ has been cancelled because of the thing we don't speak of here but that won't stop Sony and Canon from still announcing their pre Olympics release cameras. Canon is actually going to make a push to actually release some bold tech and Sony will likely impress with their a7iv at a price that under cuts the whole market. Meanwhile, back at the ranch, Fuji is making incremental change at likely too high a price. Awesome.

surfoxy
surfoxy Regular Member • Posts: 355

holashobby wrote:

Not surprised. Seems like every review I saw of the X-T3 listed lack of IBIS and lack of a fully articulating screen as the two main downsides. Sounds like the X-T4 addresses both criticisms.

Beyond the confines of forums like these I expect this will be widely hailed as an improvement.

-- hide signature --

Chris

surfoxy's gear list:surfoxy's gear list
Fujifilm X100V Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +4 more
MrALLCAPS
MrALLCAPS Senior Member • Posts: 1,327

EuronGreyjoy wrote:

Marek1977 wrote:

holashobby wrote:

Fuji Rumors is mostly spot on and almost always the first to break news and accurate rumors though.

Absolutely love the site, also in touch with the admin regularly, incredibly hard working guy (pretty obsessive about the site) .

Clickbait would imply they publish fake news or no news which is definitely not the case.

I'm not in any way affiliated with the site but feel that it's often misunderstood, possibly also because of Patrick's style.

I cosign this.

Of course its a rumors site, but he doesn't post anything just for clicks, sometimes he holds onto rumors until he gets more info.

MrALLCAPS's gear list:MrALLCAPS's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm X-E3 Fujifilm X-H1 Nikon Z6
MrALLCAPS
MrALLCAPS Senior Member • Posts: 1,327

Fuji Maine wrote:

col4bin wrote:

As indicated by it having 6k video capability. Oh wait, nevermind. Just wait until it's announced that it only has three axis IBIS.

Hahaa! Maybe you should take your own advice and wait for the announcement.

This very well could be the ultimate camera of compromise and cost cutting that makes no one happy.

Nah, that would be anything recent from Olympus.

It will be interesting to see what they try and charge for this.

It will be competitive. X-T cameras have always been.

It's a little bit bigger which will upset group A but if it's without an actual XH1 grip it will upset group B.

It's got a flip out screen but they just recycled an existing design that no one seems to be happy about.

No 6k.

Who really needs 6K? Most people don't even have 4K!

Likely the same year and a half old sensor and processor.

Again, WAY better than some competition, like Olympus & their ancient 20Mp sensor.

Hopefully it comes with a leaf shutter from the XH1 but I don't think that can happen without a real grip.

And the final straw will be a less effective three stop ibis.

Link to the 3 stop ibis? Or are you just trolling?

I really really really wanted this camera to be something significant and great but I fear that a statement about the way this camera is shaping up is going to hold true: this thing is going to be an absolute dumpster fire.

Was any X-T camera a "dumpster fire"? Heck, any Fujifilm X camera?

CP+ has been cancelled because of the thing we don't speak of here but that won't stop Sony and Canon from still announcing their pre Olympics release cameras. Canon is actually going to make a push to actually release some bold tech and Sony will likely impress with their a7iv at a price that under cuts the whole market. Meanwhile, back at the ranch, Fuji is making incremental change at likely too high a price. Awesome.

Out of both brands you have mentioned, I'd gladly stick with fujifilm. For me, its the best compromise.

So the X-T4 has a fas, so what. It's not for me, but I'm sure that's not going to effect it greatly. It'll probably get great scores, perform well in the field and sell well, just like every orher X-T camera.

Did I just respond to a burner account? This reeks...

MrALLCAPS's gear list:MrALLCAPS's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm X-E3 Fujifilm X-H1 Nikon Z6
fpessolano
fpessolano Veteran Member • Posts: 3,566

It does not really matter to me. I doubt the X-T4 will have any sort of significant sensor improvement especially when we talk iso3200/iso4000. In fact I truly do not like the results (even after proper processing) above iso1600.

And considering I find the XT3 went a big too large (XT2 felt better), the XT4 probably will be even larger.

fpessolano's gear list:fpessolano's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS30 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon Z7 Fujifilm X-T3 Nikon Z50 +2 more
rwbaron Forum Pro • Posts: 14,332

Wow!

Lot's of anger and angst based on a rumor site report when no one's actually seen the implementation.

I have better things to do but it'd be fun to note all those on this thread that are vehement  they won't buy an X-T4 but then end up with one.

Bob

-- hide signature --
 rwbaron's gear list:rwbaron's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R +8 more
nostatic
nostatic Regular Member • Posts: 399

surfoxy wrote:

holashobby wrote:

Not surprised. Seems like every review I saw of the X-T3 listed lack of IBIS and lack of a fully articulating screen as the two main downsides. Sounds like the X-T4 addresses both criticisms.

Beyond the confines of forums like these I expect this will be widely hailed as an improvement.

^^^ this

It certainly fixes two shortcoming for me.

I also find the X-T3 to be too small for regular carry, but that was easily fixed with the small passive grip.

People complain about change. There's no perfect anything - you pick what you like and then use it. And if the new model makes changes you don't like, no one forces you to buy it. If you love your X-T3, think of all the low-shutter count X-T3s that will be available, being sold by "hipsters" who were suckered into the X-T4

nostatic's gear list:nostatic's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Sony a7 III Fujifilm X-T3 Canon EF 16-35mm F2.8L II USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM +5 more
Batdude
Batdude Senior Member • Posts: 4,380

rwbaron wrote:

Wow!

Lot's of anger and angst based on a rumor site report when no one's actually seen the implementation.

Well the D780 ended up being true with the same lame cramped up old 51 AF points on the center of the VF with no battery grip capabilities πŸ˜”

I have better things to do but it'd be fun to note all those on this thread that are vehement they won't buy an X-T4 but then end up with one.

Unfortunately if is not the right tool (for work other than video) then it ain’t gonna work.

The super funny thing is that I thought that the swivel screen was cool and to be honest I actually never thought about it until it was explained in this thread why it is bad in many ways and it makes total sense.

I seriously doubt Fuji would be stupid not to know those things so this body might clearly be for videographers and why this T4 is coming out so soon since the T3 just came out recently.

The larger one single battery also makes sense so that video doesn’t get interrupted when one battery dies.

Bob

-- hide signature --
 Batdude's gear list:Batdude's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Nikon D4 Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D +8 more
SantaMaria
SantaMaria Regular Member • Posts: 118

Unfortunately if is not the right tool (for work other than video) then it ain’t gonna work.

The super funny thing is that I thought that the swivel screen was cool and to be honest I actually never thought about it until it was explained in this thread why it is bad in many ways and it makes total sense.

OMG how many people react here that don't have a clue what a swivel or flip screen actually implies vs photographic ability?

Miguel-C
Miguel-C Senior Member • Posts: 1,191

surfoxy wrote:

holashobby wrote:

I'm not sure that's true, it's the internet and vloggers who love the flip out screen. Many professionals prefer the tilt screen and that's why many companies that consult their base end up with that choice.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads