X-T4 coming with a X-T200 style flippy screen

Started 2 months ago | Discussions
holashobby Contributing Member • Posts: 846
X-T4 coming with a X-T200 style flippy screen

A bit of a bummer for me, just read on Fujirumours that the X-T4 is coming with a X-T200 style flippy screen. X-T200 style screenI suppose that's X-T4 and X-pro3 off the list for variations on the same theme  , oh well.

holashobby's gear list:holashobby's gear list
Panasonic LX10 Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 +3 more
SantaMaria
SantaMaria Regular Member • Posts: 118
Re: X-T4 coming with a X-T200 style flippy screen

On no! Count me out now.

OP holashobby Contributing Member • Posts: 846

SantaMaria wrote:

On no! Count me out now.

Sadly, same here. I moved to Fuji because I wanted a tilting screen, so I am unlikely to upgrade my camera to end up in the exact same situation. I better get reacquainted with my x-h1

Panasonic LX10 Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 +3 more
SantaMaria
SantaMaria Regular Member • Posts: 118

holashobby wrote:

SantaMaria wrote:

On no! Count me out now.

Sadly, same here. I moved to Fuji because I wanted a tilting screen, so I am unlikely to upgrade my camera to end up in the exact same situation. I better get reacquainted with my x-h1

As I use flipscreens same as with Rolleiflex ie looking down, those swivel; video people screens are useless. EVF is handy sometimes, but causes many problems with shy subjects...

Ralph McKenzie Senior Member • Posts: 2,086

This was one of the major reasons I sold my Canon 650D. I too prefer the tilt screen as opposed to the fully articulated style. Theres a number of reasons for this which most of you no doubt already know.

-- hide signature --

http://akiwiretrospective.com/
Fuji HS20EXR,S5700
Canon 1000D, EF-S18 - 55 mm & EF 70 -300 mm

Ralph McKenzie's gear list:Ralph McKenzie's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix HS20 EXR Canon EOS 1000D Canon EOS Rebel T4i Canon EF 75-300mm f/4.0-5.6 III Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II +1 more
histogram Junior Member • Posts: 40

SantaMaria wrote:

On no! Count me out now.

+1

If it is not a joke  I am out too. This screen is useless. Yesterday I read no 6k 60p. Today is no fully articulated. Thanks Fuji make your excellent design getting worse and worse same as x-pro3. How can fuji compete with others. Only IBIS lol Hope that rumours are not true

FuWing Forum Member • Posts: 93

Sorry for my dumb question, what's the limitation of the articulation of this screen vs some better design?

Thanks!

-- hide signature --

FuWing

FuWing's gear list:FuWing's gear list
Fujifilm X-E3 Fujifilm X-T30 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 +4 more
maltmoose Senior Member • Posts: 1,707

That kills it for me as well.

Flip out to the side just sux for general photography imo.

Fuji need to sort their camera categories and styles.

Really need to define their video oriented camera with fully articulated and tilt for photo or mush it altogether and give the s1h style screen.

FuWing wrote:

Sorry for my dumb question, what's the limitation of the articulation of this screen vs some better design?

Thanks!

To tilt the screen, you have to flip it to the side of the camera which make it not very suitable for still photography. It is also more prone to accidental damage.

X-A7 FAS

Bugsy-ef New Member • Posts: 8

I may be just super daft, and there is loads of sarcasm in this thread which is sailing way over my head - but I see nothing wrong with the X-T200 type of screen.

What is that style of screen preventing you from doing so that you're already dismissing the camera itself. It pops out, rotates 180, what else do you want?

Additionally, there is so much energy being put into the continued speculation for the rumors of this camera. We know the release date, let's set our emotions aside until the official announcement?

I'm stoked to learn what's coming, but I'm refraining making any judgements until the camera is out - and folks are putting it through its paces.

boogisha Senior Member • Posts: 1,161

Disappointed as well, if that proves to be true.

For photography, X-T100`s 3-way tilting screen seems as the best one (being suitable for both portrait mode and front facing), yet Fuji dropped it for some reason (to complicate hinging?).

Alternatively, screen like Panasonic S1H has might have been the ultimate solution, both up/down tilting and full swivel, but I guess that one is even more complicated (and not easily downsized/slimmed).

boogisha's gear list:boogisha's gear list
Canon PowerShot A75 Canon ELPH 300 HS Canon PowerShot S120 Canon PowerShot G7 X Canon EOS 5D Mark IV +11 more
sshapiro Regular Member • Posts: 201

Isn't the number 4 supposed to mean bad luck in some Asian cultures? Maybe the X-T200 style flippy screen answers the question of why the camera isn't called the X-T5.

Bugsy-ef wrote:

I may be just super daft, and there is loads of sarcasm in this thread which is sailing way over my head - but I see nothing wrong with the X-T200 type of screen.

I see a lot of wrong with it, its not ideal for urban photography.

What is that style of screen preventing you from doing so that you're already dismissing the camera itself. It pops out, rotates 180, what else do you want?

Been there, done that, worn the t-shirt, I dislike FAS, moved to Fuji because I found FAS less than ideal for my style of photography.

Additionally, there is so much energy being put into the continued speculation for the rumors of this camera. We know the release date, let's set our emotions aside until the official announcement?

His rumours about the 'crazy'  x-pro3 design were spot-on, learnt my lesson then. Fuji uses that site to prepare the market.  I may be pleasantly surprised but I doubt it.

I'm stoked to learn what's coming, but I'm refraining making any judgements until the camera is out - and folks are putting it through its paces.

boogisha Senior Member • Posts: 1,161
Re: Multi-axis tilt screen vs full swivel screen

Bugsy-ef wrote:

What is that style of screen preventing you from doing so that you're already dismissing the camera itself. It pops out, rotates 180, what else do you want?

It`s not about preventing, but being less optimal for repetitive low(er) angle shooting (in landscape mode).

For example, with full swivel screen, you need to flip it out to the left first, then tilt up. Shoot, then repeat - align, flip back. It`s 4 steps of screen operation, in comparison to only 2 with plan tilt screen (tilt up, shoot, tilt back). In everyday photography, it adds up, and becomes annoying easily. See X-T100 for possibly the best tilt screen implementation (better than X-T3`s, even, in my opinion).

Also, tilt screen stays aligned with the lens (and camera), while swivel screen sticks out to the side, being both unusual to shoot with (adding to the feeling you`re looking at some external screen, off-camera axis) and making camera volume appear much greater (more attention grabbing, but also requiring different handing).

boogisha's gear list:boogisha's gear list
Canon PowerShot A75 Canon ELPH 300 HS Canon PowerShot S120 Canon PowerShot G7 X Canon EOS 5D Mark IV +11 more
The_Crow
The_Crow Forum Member • Posts: 85
Re: Multi-axis tilt screen vs full swivel screen

Have to admit, this could the deal breaker for me too. The idea if the S1H's version I quite liked (had it on a Leica I owned), but the XT-200's doesn't float my boat.

Damn.

-- hide signature --

Instagram & Twitter: @Iwan_Kemp
There's a feeling I get
When I look to the West
And my spirit is crying for leaving

The_Crow's gear list:The_Crow's gear list
Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm X-T30 Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R

Between the X-Pro3 and this new design (if true), it seems that Fujifilm is trying to drive users into loving the EVF and only using the LCD sparingly.

Yannis1976
Yannis1976 Veteran Member • Posts: 3,811

holashobby wrote:

A bit of a bummer for me, just read on Fujirumours that the X-T4 is coming with a X-T200 style flippy screen. X-T200 style screenI suppose that's X-T4 and X-pro3 off the list for variations on the same theme , oh well.

I really don't get it why the Fuji people just don't use the XT100 mechanism which was simply great by combining both ways!! If they opt for the classic flip screen, I will be also disappointed. One of the reasons I am with Fuji is because they still use the tilt screens.

Yannis1976's gear list:Yannis1976's gear list
Fujifilm X70 Olympus TG-5 Sony RX100 VI Fujifilm XF 35mm F2 R WR Fujifilm 50mm F2 R WR +2 more
Power X New Member • Posts: 24

holashobby wrote:

A bit of a bummer for me, just read on Fujirumours that the X-T4 is coming with a X-T200 style flippy screen. X-T200 style screenI suppose that's X-T4 and X-pro3 off the list for variations on the same theme , oh well.

where did you read this? Who said it?

Power X New Member • Posts: 24

histogram wrote:

SantaMaria wrote:

On no! Count me out now.

+1

If it is not a joke I am out too. This screen is useless. Yesterday I read no 6k 60p. Today is no fully articulated. Thanks Fuji make your excellent design getting worse and worse same as x-pro3. How can fuji compete with others. Only IBIS lol Hope that rumours are not true

why no fully articulating screen? Who said this? the X-T200 HAS a FULLY articulating screen!

Yannis1976 wrote:

holashobby wrote:

I really don't get it why the Fuji people just don't use the XT100 mechanism which was simply great by combining both ways!! If they opt for the classic flip screen, I will be also disappointed. One of the reasons I am with Fuji is because they still use the tilt screens.

Yeah I own an X-T100 and X-T20. I think the functionality of the X-T100 screen is much better than the X-T20.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads