Re: Strap Recommendations For My New X100V From X100.. Owners

There are no straps like 595strapco

Landberg's gear list:Landberg's gear list
Leica D-LUX 4 Ricoh GR II Sony ZV-1 Ricoh GR IIIx Olympus E-300 +1 more
Jazz1
Jazz1 Contributing Member • Posts: 684

John Davis1 wrote:

I have ordered the X100V and am looking for strap recommendations. I have been using the Peak Design slide strap system for some time and like it But I'm looking for something a little classier for the X100V. Interested to hear what others are using on their X100's.

Thanks.

You can have it both ways. Classy leather and a Peak Design quick release. Mine is on the way to the USA from the UK.

https://595strapco.com/collections/premium-handmade-camera-straps/products/quick-release-anchor-strap-brown

Jazz1's gear list:Jazz1's gear list
Ricoh GR III Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm X-Pro3 Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS Fujifilm XF 50-140mm F2.8 +9 more
mario23 Regular Member • Posts: 122

I use Peak Design for my Xt-3 so I can switch straps as well as a capture clip for my PD bag.

But for the X100V, I wanted something a little more stealthy and kind of classic looking. I bought a wrist strap and a neck strap from Sailor Straps.

https://sailor-strap.com/

These are really nice looking and feeling straps...very well made.  I got a black wrist strap and a graphite neck strap.  Though I like the interchangablity of PD, I just felt like this look and feel fit the X100V better.

athensGA Contributing Member • Posts: 674

jrk wrote:

Gordy's! In my opinion the perfect complement to the X100 series cameras.

Definitely Gordys. Simple, stylish, durable.

athensGA's gear list:athensGA's gear list
Fujifilm X100V Fujifilm X-Pro3
Sherlock74
Sherlock74 Contributing Member • Posts: 574

This chap does some good stuff and can custom make. Not that expensive neither.

https://ebay.co.uk/usr/cliveatoak

https://www.facebook.com/footprintcustomstraps/

Sells quick release clips too.

DarnGoodPhotos Forum Pro • Posts: 11,417

I've used DSPTCH straps because they are quick release.

-- hide signature --

www.darngoodphotos.com

DarnGoodPhotos's gear list:DarnGoodPhotos's gear list
Fujifilm X100V Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 Fujifilm XC 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OIS +2 more
shigzeo
shigzeo Senior Member • Posts: 2,296

John Davis1 wrote:

I have ordered the X100V and am looking for strap recommendations. I have been using the Peak Design slide strap system for some time and like it But I'm looking for something a little classier for the X100V. Interested to hear what others are using on their X100's.

Thanks.

Gordy's leather straps are amazing. I've had mine first for an X100s way back in 2013 or so and now I use the same strap on a variety of cameras from X-T3 to M10.

shigzeo's gear list:shigzeo's gear list
Leica SL (Typ 601) Fujifilm GFX 50S Leica M10 Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm X-T3 +7 more
Zaax
Zaax Senior Member • Posts: 1,778
Why I choose Peak Design

PentaxNick wrote:

I use Peak Design so I can easily switch between neck strap and wrist strap as suits the situation.

Me too. I also have the PD wrist strap and the adapter lugs that I put on a different strap. Lets me switch the straps to either my X-T2 or my X100F

One of the big reasons I got the PD system is so that I can quickly remove the strap and leave it off. If I am shooting indoors on a tripod I find that straps just get in the way. Also if I am shooting outdoors there is usually some wind and a strap will introduce movement on the tripod. If one is shooting long exposure you really want to avoid having the tripod move in any way.

Here is what the lugs look like installed on my X100F. I got some Nikon lugs off of ebay as these should minimize scratching the camera.

-- hide signature --
 Zaax's gear list:Zaax's gear list
Sony RX100 Fujifilm X100F Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +16 more
mario23 Regular Member • Posts: 122

Jazz1 wrote:

John Davis1 wrote:

Thanks.

You can have it both ways. Classy leather and a Peak Design quick release. Mine is on the way to the USA from the UK.

https://595strapco.com/collections/premium-handmade-camera-straps/products/quick-release-anchor-strap-brown

Great find!  Thanks.

William Porter
William Porter Senior Member • Posts: 1,877
does classy = flashy? or simple and elegant? or....

John Davis1 wrote:

Not sure what you mean by "classier". I think the Peak Design are fairly attractive. But there's a huge range of tastes here, I know. Personally, I got the all black 100V because I think it's "classy" and I got the Op/Tech strap for the same reason -- it's basic black, seems to match the camera. Fact that it's inexpensive was not important for me, but I'm not complaining. And like the Peak Design, it's a detachable strap that can also take a larger loop for over-shoulder use. At least I think that's true -- I only have the wrist strap right now.

Personally, I'm not eager for people to be eyeing my camera, but I certainly don't want them eyeing and admiring my STRAP. Could just be me, though.

William

William Porter's gear list:William Porter's gear list
Panasonic LX100 Sony RX10 IV Fujifilm X100V Fujifilm X-E3 Sony a7 III +12 more
zapper Regular Member • Posts: 200

Have a look at Simplr M1a : https://simplr.us/product/m1ultralight-camera-strap/

I tried the peak design clips and didn't like them. I found the PD too bulky for what's needed. What I like about the Simplr QD loops is they are thin; you can easily put the string between your fingers so as not to impede getting your finger onto the shutter button quickly.

shigzeo
shigzeo Senior Member • Posts: 2,296
Re: Why I choose Peak Design

Zaax wrote:

PentaxNick wrote:

I use Peak Design so I can easily switch between neck strap and wrist strap as suits the situation.

Me too. I also have the PD wrist strap and the adapter lugs that I put on a different strap. Lets me switch the straps to either my X-T2 or my X100F

One of the big reasons I got the PD system is so that I can quickly remove the strap and leave it off. If I am shooting indoors on a tripod I find that straps just get in the way. Also if I am shooting outdoors there is usually some wind and a strap will introduce movement on the tripod. If one is shooting long exposure you really want to avoid having the tripod move in any way.

Here is what the lugs look like installed on my X100F. I got some Nikon lugs off of ebay as these should minimize scratching the camera.

With my X-T3 I use the same thing. Great system.

shigzeo's gear list:shigzeo's gear list
Leica SL (Typ 601) Fujifilm GFX 50S Leica M10 Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm X-T3 +7 more
wooders636 Forum Member • Posts: 53
Re: Why I choose Peak Design

I use these

They do a leather neck strap with peak design anchors which is really cool.

KatherineO Junior Member • Posts: 28

I was about to order one of the Sailor Straps, as I really like the design, but the shipping was more than the strap, so I'm holding off. Too bad!

KatherineO's gear list:KatherineO's gear list
Fujifilm X100V Fujifilm X-E3 Fujifilm XF 23mm F2 R WR Leica SL 90mm F2 Leica SL 50mm F2 ASPH +1 more
Mark Regular Member • Posts: 370

PentaxNick wrote:

Same for me.

Recommend Peak Design Leash Camera Strap (Ash) - it's not too large and quite stylish.

Got it a few weeks ago for the X100v but finally bought a X-T3 .

I have a wrist strap and a larger neck strap from them too for carrying with a heavier lens.

Mark's gear list:Mark's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro2 Nikon Z50 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +1 more
Chris Dubea
Chris Dubea Senior Member • Posts: 2,107

This is what is on all my Fuji's

https://lancecamerastraps.com/string-loop-wrist/

-- hide signature --

Chris

Chris Dubea's gear list:Chris Dubea's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Fujifilm X100F Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R +4 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads