Island Classic

Started 2 months ago | Discussions
Gnine Senior Member • Posts: 1,274
Island Classic

It's always a great weekend. Beautiful track & surrounds, & always great racing. Few shots from the International challenge & supporting events. There's some expensive & exotic gear getting flogged within an inch of death -and beyond at times, but makes for a great spectacle. Some lovely smells too -more than a few HiPo 2 strokes getting worked hard, with the associated synthetic oil smells to sniff up. Glorious. Teams bring bikes out from the US of A, England & NZ. Very very enjoyable day out. Well worth the 500km round trip.

I'm a big sucker for these Irving Vincents. Locally built, in 1300cc for regulations. They were up at 1600cc I think, but they were reigned in a bit. Sound absolutely glorious.

OP Gnine Senior Member • Posts: 1,274
Re: Island Classic

I think this is my fav. So far. The forums kill the IQ a little bit -it surprisingly looks better even on the facebook 

Couple more

Wu Jiaqiu
Wu Jiaqiu Forum Pro • Posts: 25,639

nice shutter speeds

-- hide signature --

the computer says no

Wu Jiaqiu's gear list:Wu Jiaqiu's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Nikon D2Xs Nikon 1 V1 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG Macro HSM II +1 more
windmillgolfer
windmillgolfer Forum Pro • Posts: 16,497
 windmillgolfer's gear list:windmillgolfer's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS40 (TZ60) Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF7 +9 more

The little old GX8 still acquits itself rather nicely. Just experimenting with it really.

glassoholic
glassoholic Veteran Member • Posts: 4,989

Nice shots... wish I was there as well... a bit too far for me.

-- hide signature --

Addicted To Glass
M43 equivalence: "Twice the fun with half the weight"
"You are a long time dead" -
Credit to whoever said that first and my wife for saying it to me... Make the best you can of every day!

glassoholic wrote:

Yeah, it's a great weekend. Probably my favorite bike racing. I've yet to get to the MotoGP, pretty shameful really considering it's just over 3 hrs drive away. Crowds are a bit different though compared to the Classic. And the World Supers. I look at the MotoGP crowds on the Tele, & see them stacked 6 or 8 deep at the fences and just say nope, not for me I'll go one year, just for the experience of the sights & sounds.

glassoholic

Gnine wrote:

glassoholic wrote:

Yeah, it's a great weekend. Probably my favorite bike racing. I've yet to get to the MotoGP, pretty shameful really considering it's just over 3 hrs drive away. Crowds are a bit different though compared to the Classic. And the World Supers. I look at the MotoGP crowds on the Tele, & see them stacked 6 or 8 deep at the fences and just say nope, not for me I'll go one year, just for the experience of the sights & sounds.

Yeah... I'm in Adelaide and been thinking of the Island Classic for a while... the MOTOGP crowds and ticket regulations are obscene... much less observation points for photography too.

-- hide signature --

Addicted To Glass
Credit to whoever said that first and my wife for saying it to me... Make the best you can of every day!

glassoholic

Gnine wrote:

Couple more

Love the top one.

-- hide signature --

Addicted To Glass

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads