Went and "Accidentally" bought the 16mm f/1.4

Started 3 months ago | Discussions
Human Elements
Human Elements Regular Member • Posts: 249
Went and "Accidentally" bought the 16mm f/1.4

Just landed in HK and was scouting around for used deals...I shouldn't have gone into that camera store. I was planning on window shopping but they had the 16mm f/1.4, which I used to own but sold months ago...And massively regretted because it's such a unicorn lens that does things no other lens in the lineup can do. I miss the close focus and f/1.4 for both portraits and "macro" work. $675, talked down from $770. Average deal but I'm glad to be shooting with it again!

Someone in my last thread mentioned shooting wide with 1:1 aspect ratio and I'm definitely liking this. Makes the width of the 24mm fov easier to manage without losing the spacious feel.

Not 1:1 but I like.

-- hide signature --
 Human Elements's gear list:Human Elements's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 23mm F2 R WR Fujifilm 50mm F2 R WR Fujifilm 15-45mm F3.5-5.6 OIS PZ
Polybazze
Polybazze Contributing Member • Posts: 634
Re: Went and "Accidentally" bought the 16mm f/1.4

I don't know if it is on purpose but these are seriously blown out. Not at all at the quality level you use to post.

-- hide signature --
 Polybazze's gear list:Polybazze's gear list
Fujifilm X100T Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm XF 23mm F2 R WR
norjens
norjens Regular Member • Posts: 311

Polybazze wrote:

I don't know if it is on purpose but these are seriously blown out. Not at all at the quality level you use to post.

Definitely blown out, but for me it works well here. All pretty good for just a random day of shooting with a new lens.

DerekSurfs Senior Member • Posts: 2,217

norjens wrote:

Definitely blown out, but for me it works well here. All pretty good for just a random day of shooting with a new lens.

Do you have any prior examples of this 1:1 wide perspective you've talked about liking? You've got me curious about that. I normally like to shot wide and up close to subjects such as this taken with my old Canon 6D & 17-40L @ 17mm (full frame).

Or this with Zeiss 35-70mm Macro manual focus lens.

-- hide signature --

Derek

Taz777 Forum Member • Posts: 64

Following this thread. Just got a 16mm f/1.4 too. I'd be very interested in this 1:1 ratio and how it's done.

SpeedyNeo
SpeedyNeo Contributing Member • Posts: 548

Taz777 wrote:

Following this thread. Just got a 16mm f/1.4 too. I'd be very interested in this 1:1 ratio and how it's done.

Menu -> IQ -> IMAGE SIZE -> 1:1

Works good for Instagram

-- hide signature --

Fujifilm X-T3 | Fujifilm X-E3 | XF16mmF1.4 | XF35mmF1.4 | XF90mmF2 | XF18-55mmF2.8-4 | Fujifilm FinePix XP140

SpeedyNeo's gear list:SpeedyNeo's gear list
Fujifilm XP130 Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR +1 more
Human Elements
OP Human Elements Regular Member • Posts: 249

Definitely and intentionally blown out. I do prefer a photojournalistic perspective normally but the light was so nice I wanted to play with it. Not everyone's cup of tea, though.

-- hide signature --
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 23mm F2 R WR Fujifilm 50mm F2 R WR Fujifilm 15-45mm F3.5-5.6 OIS PZ
Human Elements
OP Human Elements Regular Member • Posts: 249

Not yet; I'm only just starting with this myself. Those poppies are gorgeous! If you go wide 1:1 with that cool lens, definitely post as I don't really see anyone going that direction and I want to get ideas 

-- hide signature --
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads