f-stop Loka vs new Mountain Series?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions
Kaitlyn Contributing Member • Posts: 503
f-stop Loka vs new Mountain Series?

This may be a little overdue, seeing as how the "new" mountain series isn't really that new anymore... and the loka is quite old. HOWEVER, I know there are a bunch that have had the loka, and surely some have upgraded to the newer/larger sizes.

I am unlikely to consider the Ajna just because I think size-wise it's really too similar to my Loka... but am definitely eyeing the Tilopa

So apart from 37L vs 50L, can anyone highlight some of the improvements/major changes between the bags? Some things on my mind:

- Similar backpackpanel - is it any more breathable? Hiking with mine in summer was tough!

- Is the harness system any better? At 50L I'm ALSO likely to load it up with more stuff, so that's an important consideration as well. The only bag I currently own bigger than my Loka is an Osprey 65L which is absolutely fantastic for carrying heavier loads for multi-day backpacking trips.

- My bag has standard side pockets, and so I could easily keep a water bottle in there and/or the feet of a tripod/hiking pole, etc. Seems there is no exposed sides now, but there are zippers? It seems like a more cumbersome pocket would love to hear thoughts on this?

Would really love to hear about anything that stood out good or bad going from the previous to current generation

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads