Sony RX10 Mark 3 tear down quesrions...

Started 3 months ago | Discussions
JoshuaofOregon New Member • Posts: 2
Sony RX10 Mark 3 tear down quesrions...

Hi guys,

So a while back I had a cheap battery pack plugged into my Rx10 mark 3 as a external power source, when as I was powering the unit up, I was greeted with a illuminated black screen.

I Immediately unplugged the external power supply and attempted to determine what the problem was…

After running of multi meter on my external power supply I realized it was outputting 18.5 V. Ever since then, regardless of what form of power I’m trying to feed into the RX 10, my unit is unable to power on.

I’ve downloaded a service manual for the Mark 3 and I see there is a fuse located in the power supply circuit.

has anyone here had any experience with tearing down a RX10 mark 3?

does anyone have any experience with changing RX10 fuses?

does anyone have any input at all?

thanks guys, you’re really helping me here as I’m literally stranded without my RX10.

I look forward to hearing from you…

Sincerely yours,

Joshua

Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Sony RX1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Jerry045
Jerry045 Forum Pro • Posts: 11,338
Re: Sony RX10 Mark 3 tear down quesrions...
 Jerry045's gear list:Jerry045's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS20 Sony RX10 IV +2 more
Bill Borne
Bill Borne Forum Pro • Posts: 41,569

I did not see rx10 in 2nd link?

-- hide signature --

Bill
"Life's Too Short to Worry about the BS!"
So I Choose my Battles
Click for Wild Man's Photos
Using Rx10 IV at Present

Bill Borne's gear list:Bill Borne's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX400V Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H5 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828 Sony RX100 III +4 more
Jerry045
Jerry045 Forum Pro • Posts: 11,338

Bill Borne wrote:

I did not see rx10 in 2nd link?

I was too lazy to investigate each link. They were just what came up when I searched for RX10 teardown.  Sorry about my lapse.

Jerry045's gear list:Jerry045's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS20 Sony RX10 IV +2 more
Stephen McDonald
Stephen McDonald Forum Pro • Posts: 14,005

I would think that if a fuse on the power circuit is blown, that there would be no response at all by the camera when you try to turn it on. You may need to take it to a Sony-authorized dealer, to determine what has happened and get it fixed. Or maybe find that you've converted the camera into a paperweight.

It is always a good idea to put a voltmeter on a power-source, before you connect it to a camera. A common and damaging mistake with external power-supplies, is that the polarization may be reversed. The protection against higher voltage may not work, when the polarity is backwards. I learned this the hard way.

-- hide signature --
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads