Shots from Around Bangkok the Past Week

Started 3 months ago | Discussions
Greg7579
Greg7579 Veteran Member • Posts: 8,496
Shots from Around Bangkok the Past Week

These are shots from a trip outside of Bangkok past the salt farms to the Damnoen Saduak Floating Market, 100 years old and the most famous in Asia, then on to Amphawa and the floating market there.  I hired a driver to take us there and I shot the GFX 100 all day.  I left my tripod at the salt farm!  I saw the workers in the flats harvesting the sea salt.  They do that in January at the peak of the high season.  Grueling hot work.   I slipped on the mud and fell in the water and forgot the tripod?  Went back 5 hours later and it was still there.  ne of the workers kept it for me.  Awesome!  The man below is the supervisor on a break and he smiled at me when I asked if I could take his picture.

-- hide signature --
 Greg7579's gear list:Greg7579's gear list
Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR XF 90mm Fujifilm X100F Leica Q2 Fujifilm X-H1 +16 more
Greg7579
OP Greg7579 Veteran Member • Posts: 8,496
More Shots - Grand Palace Bangkok

Every tourist in Bangkok braves the crowds and fights their way through this site.  It was madness.  We got there early as advised but I was delayed trying get in with my bag, monopod and GFX100 around my neck, but I made it (long story).   The place was packed and Chinese tour groups were pushing and shoving.  It was hot and humid and I was really wet with seat.  There was an ocean of people I was trying to shoot above.  But I got some decent shots.  All hand-held.  All with the 23.  I don't think I was able to change a lens.  Maybe - can't remember.  What an incredible place.  But go there knowing you are going to get mobbed.....

Some Keystoning for sure, but so what.... That 23mm was pointed up into the sun...

Inside the Temple - Emerald Buddha - hand held at 1/6th second!

Some Keystoning, but my 23 mm was always pointed up to get above the absolute packed maases of 25,000 tourists!

-- hide signature --
Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR XF 90mm Fujifilm X100F Leica Q2 Fujifilm X-H1 +16 more
Greg7579
Shots from Bangkok - Wat Pho and the Gigantic Recling Buddha

All these shots hand-held in Wat Pho - The Temple that houses the Reclining Buddha

Behind a market stall near the temple complex

-- hide signature --
MikeB_2018 Regular Member • Posts: 224
Re: Shots from Around Bangkok the Past Week

Cool pics Greg.  Sounds like it was quite an experience.  I really liked a lot of the photos but loved the (4th one down in B&W of the salt farmer silhouette).  Cool shot.

Glad your tripod was still there.  I have found most of the people I ran across while living in Asian (HK and Taiwan) were really nice and honest.  Except for the two hoodlums that stole my cell phone when I was at a park with a gf of mine.  Those two guys were the exception.

MikeB_2018's gear list:MikeB_2018's gear list
Canon PowerShot G10 Canon EOS-1Ds Mark III Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EOS R +29 more
MikeB_2018 Regular Member • Posts: 224
Re: More Shots - Grand Palace Bangkok

Also really love the 6th one from top on your second post.  The 23 did a great job with that angle.

Nice job.  Stay cool and safe.

MikeB_2018's gear list:MikeB_2018's gear list
Canon PowerShot G10 Canon EOS-1Ds Mark III Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EOS R +29 more
Greg7579
Shots from UNESCO Site - Ayuthaya

-- hide signature --
creative edge
creative edge Senior Member • Posts: 1,587

Greg, great shots, 3 and 4 are my favorite.

-- hide signature --
Joseph C Parisi  DVM
Joseph C Parisi DVM Contributing Member • Posts: 600

Hi Greg.

Terrific series, Just LOVE them salt images.

Joe Parisi

-- hide signature --

If you take care of Mother Nature she will take care of us.
D5, D850.D100 lens, Fujifilm 50s & lens .
Shoot every day !!!!!!

Joseph C Parisi DVM's gear list:Joseph C Parisi DVM's gear list
Nikon D5 Fujifilm GFX 50S Nikon D850
JimKasson
JimKasson Forum Pro • Posts: 28,220

Greg7579 wrote:

Good work, Greg. I especially like this one.

Jim

-- hide signature --
 JimKasson's gear list:JimKasson's gear list
Nikon D5 Sony a7 III Nikon Z7 Fujifilm GFX 100 Sony a7R IV +2 more
Tom Ames Senior Member • Posts: 1,483

Thanks for posting! Good shots!

Tom Ames's gear list:Tom Ames's gear list
Nikon Z6 Fujifilm GFX 50R Fujifilm GF 32-64mm F4 Fujifilm GF 110mm F2 Nikon Z 14-30mm F4 +10 more
EuronGreyjoy
EuronGreyjoy Regular Member • Posts: 234

Greg7579 wrote:

These are shots from a trip outside of Bangkok past the salt farms to the Damnoen Saduak Floating Market, 100 years old and the most famous in Asia, then on to Amphawa and the floating market there. I hired a driver to take us there and I shot the GFX 100 all day. I left my tripod at the salt farm! I saw the workers in the flats harvesting the sea salt. They do that in January at the peak of the high season. Grueling hot work. I slipped on the mud and fell in the water and forgot the tripod? Went back 5 hours later and it was still there. ne of the workers kept it for me. Awesome! The man below is the supervisor on a break and he smiled at me when I asked if I could take his picture.

Ah, you're in my country, some nice pics there, haven't been to Wat Phra Kaew with my GFX50R yet.

You might wanna consider to wear a proper PM2.5 mask, we currently have a massive air quality problem that isn't going away anytime soon.

https://aqicn.org/city/bangkok

The government is not only ignoring this issue, they're blatantly playing it down and faking the numbers etc just to keep people quiet.

EuronGreyjoy's gear list:EuronGreyjoy's gear list
Fujifilm X100V Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm GFX 50R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Samyang 8mm F2.8 UMC Fisheye +14 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads