G5X Mark II Screen Protector?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions
2string
2string Senior Member • Posts: 1,193
G5X Mark II Screen Protector?

Does anyone know if they make a GGS LARMOR 5th Gen Temper Glass Screen Protector for the G5X MII. They make the best...

Canon PowerShot G5 X
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
mcshan Veteran Member • Posts: 4,416
Re: G5X Mark II Screen Protector?

Looks like nobody replied.  I too don't know but I went with Expert Shields glass style protector. It is a perfect fit.  They have become my go to brand since they started offering glass shields.

Good luck.

-- hide signature --

"Open the pod bay doors HAL"

mcshan's gear list:mcshan's gear list
Leica X1 Canon PowerShot G1 X Leica X2 Sony RX100 Leica X Vario +12 more
2string
OP 2string Senior Member • Posts: 1,193

Thanks

DazeMae Regular Member • Posts: 258

mcshan wrote:

Looks like nobody replied. I too don't know but I went with Expert Shields glass style protector. It is a perfect fit. They have become my go to brand since they started offering glass shields.

Good luck.

Do you have any experience with the different styles of the Expert Shields protectors?

mcshan Veteran Member • Posts: 4,416

Yes, I used to buy their thin "plastic" ones and they were really good but the newer glass style is much better. You wouldn't even know it was glass. They are easier to apply and they send two with each order knowing users make mistakes. I have only used "clear" models because over the years I tried matte and non-glare versions of other products and to me they made the screens harder to see. Clarivue was my old brand favorite but they slowly went down hill and stopped making screens for each camera released.

Expert Shield does not effect touch screen use or make the LCDs harder to see. I do recommend using their tape "hinge" method of installation. There are videos on how to put them on.

I buy mine directly from the company site where you look the shield up by camera.

-- hide signature --

"Open the pod bay doors HAL"

mcshan's gear list:mcshan's gear list
Leica X1 Canon PowerShot G1 X Leica X2 Sony RX100 Leica X Vario +12 more
DazeMae Regular Member • Posts: 258

Thanks a lot. I’m going to give it a try

robind New Member • Posts: 5

i have also just installed an expert shield screen protector and the whole process was very easy.  i used a small suction cup rather than the tape hing, worked fine

-- hide signature --

robind

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads