K-1 series… ;-)…

Started 9 months ago | Discussions
Sweets
Sweets Contributing Member • Posts: 709
K-1 series… ;-)…

… But, it's clear that Pentax is using this camera as a platform to communicate to those users that, someday, there will be a future in which they're holding a camera without a clack-clack-clacking mirror that can still accomplish what's needed in the field.

In fact, if you simply removed the mirror box and threw in an EVF, I think you could argue that we're at that point today.

-- hide signature --

rgrds. Henk (K-1+DBG6 & -01, GX80+14042X & LBA).

Sweets's gear list:Sweets's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF2 Pentax K-01 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 +21 more
Pentax K-1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ozdean
ozdean Forum Pro • Posts: 26,220
Re: K-1 series… ;-)…

You have a K01 - the first MILC.

-- hide signature --

Regards Dean - Capturing Creation
N.B. All my Images are Protected by Copyright

ozdean's gear list:ozdean's gear list
Pentax MX-1 Pentax K-5 IIs Pentax K-50 Pentax smc DA* 55mm F1.4 SDM Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited +13 more
Holger Bargen Veteran Member • Posts: 4,163

Sweets wrote:

… But, it's clear that Pentax is using this camera as a platform to communicate to those users that, someday, there will be a future in which they're holding a camera without a clack-clack-clacking mirror that can still accomplish what's needed in the field.

If you want to work without mirrorbox but a classic shutter you will still have the clack-clack-clack ... (and for the silent mirrors of PEntax cameras there us not much difference in sound level to that shutter sound).

For mirrorless you can shoot with electronic shutter which has disadvantages:

https://www.jmpeltier.com/disadvantages-silent-electronic-shutter/

https://www.diyphotography.net/heres-why-you-shouldnt-use-electronic-shutter-for-portraits/

I still not know why we still have shutter sound when using electronic shutter with K1 - as LiveView means taking photos without impact of mirror action.

But anyway - the electronic shutter is not my way as I am looking for high end IQ. So a MILC camera - if I ever should use it - will have that clack-clack-clack - not much different form the Pentax cameras I use at the moment.

Keep on shooting ... !       clack-clack-clack

Holger

In fact, if you simply removed the mirror box and threw in an EVF, I think you could argue that we're at that point today.

Holger Bargen's gear list:Holger Bargen's gear list
Pentax K-5 Pentax K-S1 Pentax K-1 Pentax smc DA 55-300mm F4.0-5.8 ED Sigma 70mm F2.8 EX DG Macro +7 more
GossCTP Veteran Member • Posts: 5,339

Holger Bargen wrote:

Sweets wrote:

If you want to work without mirrorbox but a classic shutter you will still have the clack-clack-clack ... (and for the silent mirrors of PEntax cameras there us not much difference in sound level to that shutter sound).

Going from a k20d to the K5ii was a night and day difference with regard to the shutter sound. Surprisingly, the Fuji X-H1 gave me that same impression over the k5ii. They put a high quality mechanical shutter in that camera. I don't think it's in any other Fuji yet.

For mirrorless you can shoot with electronic shutter which has disadvantages:

https://www.jmpeltier.com/disadvantages-silent-electronic-shutter/

https://www.diyphotography.net/heres-why-you-shouldnt-use-electronic-shutter-for-portraits/

I still not know why we still have shutter sound when using electronic shutter with K1 - as LiveView means taking photos without impact of mirror action.

I don't have a K-1, but im guessing it's the sound of the lens stopping down. That lever is surprisingly noisy. Is it the same sound as the DOF preview makes?

But anyway - the electronic shutter is not my way as I am looking for high end IQ. So a MILC camera - if I ever should use it - will have that clack-clack-clack - not much different form the Pentax cameras I use at the moment.

Keep on shooting ... ! clack-clack-clack

Holger

-- hide signature --

"Law and order" is anathema to liberty and justice.

GossCTP's gear list:GossCTP's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Pentax K20D Pentax K-5 II Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 Pentax smc DA 16-45mm F4 ED AL +7 more
miles green
miles green Veteran Member • Posts: 7,601

Sweets wrote:

LOL, that's from the 1DXiii review, right?

With Pentax is sounds more like

c    l    a    c    k    -   -    c    l    a    c    k    -   -    c    l    a    c    k    .    .    .

-- hide signature --

Miles Green
Pentaxian since 1997!
Corfu, Greece
N.B. All my images are protected by Copyright

miles green's gear list:miles green's gear list
Pentax K-1 Pentax K-1 II Pentax smc FA 31mm F1.8 AL Limited Pentax smc FA 43mm F1.9 Limited Pentax smc FA 77mm 1.8 Limited +7 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads