Fuji XT100: how to transfer photos to PC via USB?

Started Dec 26, 2019 | Questions
vlad2304 Regular Member • Posts: 395
Fuji XT100: how to transfer photos to PC via USB?

Hello and Merry Christmas!

I am completely stuck trying to figure out how to transfer photos to my PC via USB.

In Fuji XT100 menus I failed to find any USB settings (MTP, etc.). When I connect the camera via USB and turn it on I see "USB" sign on its screen but it does not appear as a drive in PC explorer. Actually it does not appear at all.

I have not faced the problems like this with any of my previous cameras and I had many.

Sure, I can pull the SD card out of the camera and install it in my PC but I like to transfer files via usb connections.

Your advise is appreciated!

vlad2304's gear list:vlad2304's gear list
Sigma dp2 Quattro Canon PowerShot G5 X Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Panasonic Leica 12-60mm F2.8-4.0 ASPH
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
7rvar Regular Member • Posts: 241
Re: software required

vlad2304 wrote:

Hello and Merry Christmas!

I am completely stuck trying to figure out how to transfer photos to my PC via USB.

In Fuji XT100 menus I failed to find any USB settings (MTP, etc.). When I connect the camera via USB and turn it on I see "USB" sign on its screen but it does not appear as a drive in PC explorer. Actually it does not appear at all.

I have not faced the problems like this with any of my previous cameras and I had many.

Sure, I can pull the SD card out of the camera and install it in my PC but I like to transfer files via usb connections.

Your advise is appreciated!

When it shows USB it is connected but requires software to download the files. On Mac image capture sees the camera, not sure what to use on PC.

http://fujifilm-dsc.com/en/manual/x-a5/connections/computer/index.html

This is the support page I found when trying to figure this issue out on X-A5.

7rvar's gear list:7rvar's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm X-A7 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R +4 more
OP vlad2304 Regular Member • Posts: 395

Thank you!

I have already tried downloading and installing MyFinePix Studio.

Unfortunately it would not start on my PC. Probably it is not compatible with the latest version of Windows 10 that I have installed.

Sigma dp2 Quattro Canon PowerShot G5 X Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Panasonic Leica 12-60mm F2.8-4.0 ASPH
texasfz8
texasfz8 Regular Member • Posts: 201
Simple USB card reader

Since a simple USB card reader device costs less than 10$ US,  this seems like a simple solution.

Amazon usb card readers

texasfz8's gear list:texasfz8's gear list
Fujifilm X-S1 Fujifilm X30 Fujifilm X-T100 Fujifilm 50-230mm II Fujifilm 15-45mm F3.5-5.6 OIS PZ
sshapiro Contributing Member • Posts: 679

I have connected my X-T100 to my Windows 10 computer without a problem. When I connect the camera, Windows File Explorer shows a camera icon with the text X-T100 beneath the icon.

I suggest you make sure you are connecting directly to a USB port on the computer motherboard, not to a hub or an add-in USB card. You should also try connecting to another USB port on the computer. If none of that helps, try another USB cable.

guitarjeff
guitarjeff Senior Member • Posts: 1,831

sshapiro wrote:

I have connected my X-T100 to my Windows 10 computer without a problem. When I connect the camera, Windows File Explorer shows a camera icon with the text X-T100 beneath the icon.

I suggest you make sure you are connecting directly to a USB port on the computer motherboard, not to a hub or an add-in USB card. You should also try connecting to another USB port on the computer. If none of that helps, try another USB cable.

I have the XT100 and have no problems connecting to Win 7. I use a powered 7 port usb h7b and just leave my usb cable plugged to that all the time. When I hook up the camera, it says USB on the screen, windows give a bell sound and like you said, XT100 shows up in my drives and I go in and download my raf files.

Strange that you would have any trouble. I never needed to put any extra software on. I have X-E1 and it does the same. So definitely you have aome kind of conflict or win 10 problem. I seem to recall hearing that X-E1 would not hook up usb to win 10 without a driver update that would recognize the cam. This is one of the reasons I still use win 7. Go on the Fuji support site and see if there is a win 10 driver.

Kiwi Shutterbug Regular Member • Posts: 173
Re: Fuji XT100: how to transfer photos to PC via USB?

Try connecting to another PC or laptop in the house, even though it's worked with other cameras.

Kiwi Shutterbug's gear list:Kiwi Shutterbug's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm X-T100 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R +2 more
OP vlad2304 Regular Member • Posts: 395
Re: Fuji XT100: how to transfer photos to PC via USB?

Thanks to all!

I have upgraded Lenovo drivers, changed USB port and cable and it started working.

I do not know and don't want to know what exactly was the reason

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads