Adorama's website hasn't been up for weeks now.

Started Dec 17, 2019 | Discussions
Arlene Senior Member • Posts: 1,068
Adorama's website hasn't been up for weeks now.

Is Adorama out of business? Their website hasn't worked for weeks now.

 Arlene's gear list:Arlene's gear list
Sony a9
doady Senior Member • Posts: 1,839
Re: Adorama's website hasn't been up for weeks now.
2

Works okay for me. Might be something wrong with your browser or router or firewall settings or something.

 doady's gear list:doady's gear list
Olympus C-7070 Wide Zoom Olympus E-M1 II Olympus 12-100mm F4.0 Phase One Capture One Pro
Ellis Vener
Ellis Vener Forum Pro • Posts: 14,702
Re: Adorama's website hasn't been up for weeks now.

Arlene wrote:

Is Adorama out of business? Their website hasn't worked for weeks now.

I’ve had zero problems with it even during the Jewish sabbath and holidays.

I think the problem is on your end. Try clearing your browser’s cache.

-- hide signature --

Ellis Vener
To see my work please visit http://www.ellisvener.com
Or on instagram @therealellisv

 Ellis Vener's gear list:Ellis Vener's gear list
Sony RX100 VII Nikon D850 Nikon Z7 Nikon Z6 Nikon Z7 II +1 more
Doug J Forum Pro • Posts: 11,160
When in doubt
6

Arlene wrote:

Is Adorama out of business? Their website hasn't worked for weeks now.

There are several sites that will check the status of websites, https://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/ is one of them, just do a google search for down checker or similar text.

The results:

https://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/adorama.com

Cheers,
Doug

Mark B.
Mark B. Forum Pro • Posts: 27,836
Re: Adorama's website hasn't been up for weeks now.
1

Arlene wrote:

Is Adorama out of business? Their website hasn't worked for weeks now.

Problem is definitely on your end.

martinhb Contributing Member • Posts: 523
Reached the Adorama site with no problems
1

Reached this ok

https://www.adorama.com/l/Photography

Best clear out all your browsers history & all the cookies too.

Then run a virus checker.

Perhaps most important clear your DNS cache as I'd guess its been spoofed.

Easiest thing to do is google "DNS spoofing" & find out how to clear the DNS cache.

Spoofing places a false internet address in the cache & you get linked to a rogue site that steals your passwords etc so on & so forth.

dpreview has a Window & Mac forums which might tell you what to do.

 martinhb's gear list:martinhb's gear list
Canon PowerShot G1 X Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3 Olympus E-M1 II Panasonic Leica D Vario-Elmar 14-150mm F3.5-5.6 Asph Mega OIS Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II +3 more
tbcass
tbcass Forum Pro • Posts: 48,958
No problem here!!!

I can access the website without problems and I get eMails from them every day. The problem is on your end. Maybe your browser is blocking it.

-- hide signature --

Tom

 tbcass's gear list:tbcass's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony RX10 IV Sony a99 II Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di USD +8 more
ThrillaMozilla Veteran Member • Posts: 5,543
Re: Reached the Adorama site with no problems
1

HowdC wrote:

Reached this ok

https://www.adorama.com/l/Photography

Best clear out all your browsers history & all the cookies too.

Then run a virus checker.

Perhaps most important clear your DNS cache as I'd guess its been spoofed.

Easiest thing to do is google "DNS spoofing" & find out how to clear the DNS cache.

Spoofing places a false internet address in the cache & you get linked to a rogue site that steals your passwords etc so on & so forth.

dpreview has a Window & Mac forums which might tell you what to do.

Yep. The problem is on your end. Your Internet may have been subverted. Their IP address is 8.14.113.35 .  Just put that in your browser instead of adorama.com, and it should work.

 ThrillaMozilla's gear list:ThrillaMozilla's gear list
Canon EOS Rebel SL1
Nancy Miller
Nancy Miller Forum Member • Posts: 65
Re: Adorama's website hasn't been up for weeks now.

Arlene wrote:

Is Adorama out of business? Their website hasn't worked for weeks now.

Hi Arlene,

Adorama is still very much in business. However, if you're having problems visiting our website, I'd like to report it to our web team for checking. If you can please send me a screenshot of the error you're getting and also share your computer's OS and the browser you're using? You can email me directly at nancym@adorama.com

I look forward to hearing from you.

-- hide signature --

Nancy Miller

sirhawkeye64 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,547
Re: Adorama's website hasn't been up for weeks now.
1

Nancy Miller wrote:

Arlene wrote:

Is Adorama out of business? Their website hasn't worked for weeks now.

Hi Arlene,

Adorama is still very much in business. However, if you're having problems visiting our website, I'd like to report it to our web team for checking. If you can please send me a screenshot of the error you're getting and also share your computer's OS and the browser you're using? You can email me directly at nancym@adorama.com

I look forward to hearing from you.

I have the same issue, but it is a computer/browser issue.  the OP may want to check his/her home router to ensure that he is not receive a DoS (denial of service) error, which can sometimes be fixed by resetting the modem and/or router.

The reason I say this is because I currently cannot bring up the site on my computer ,but on my phone, I can, so in the OP's case, it's a computer/router or possibly an ISP issue.

 sirhawkeye64's gear list:sirhawkeye64's gear list
Fujifilm X-T20 Nikon Z7 Nikon Z5 Nikon Z7 II GoPro Hero8 Black +13 more
ThrillaMozilla Veteran Member • Posts: 5,543
Re: Adorama's website hasn't been up for weeks now.

sirhawkeye64 wrote:

I have the same issue, but it is a computer/browser issue. the OP may want to check his/her home router to ensure that he is not receive a DoS (denial of service) error, which can sometimes be fixed by resetting the modem and/or router.

Try opening the web site by its IP address: 8.14.113.35 .  Just type that into the browser address window.

 ThrillaMozilla's gear list:ThrillaMozilla's gear list
Canon EOS Rebel SL1
Krav Maga
Krav Maga Senior Member • Posts: 3,563
Re: Adorama's website hasn't been up for weeks now.

Arlene wrote:

Is Adorama out of business? Their website hasn't worked for weeks now.

The site is fine.

You're probably experiencing a browser cache/cookie problem. Open up a private browsing tab and see if you can navigate to the site. If you can, then that definitely indicates a cache/cookie issue. You would then want to clear your cache/cookies.

If after using a private tab you still have the problem and if using Safari, try a different browser. If after opening a private tab and you're using any browser other than Safari, and you're still having an issue, it isn't a browser issue.

At this point, start looking at your firewall/security software settings.

-- hide signature --

I feel more like I do now than I did before ...
https://www.danielmedley.com

 Krav Maga's gear list:Krav Maga's gear list
Nikon D750 Sony a7R IV Tamron SP 70-300mm F4-5.6 Di VC USD Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm F4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm F1.8G +3 more
sirhawkeye64 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,547
Re: Adorama's website hasn't been up for weeks now.

Krav Maga wrote:

Arlene wrote:

Is Adorama out of business? Their website hasn't worked for weeks now.

The site is fine.

You're probably experiencing a browser cache/cookie problem. Open up a private browsing tab and see if you can navigate to the site. If you can, then that definitely indicates a cache/cookie issue. You would then want to clear your cache/cookies.

If after using a private tab you still have the problem and if using Safari, try a different browser. If after opening a private tab and you're using any browser other than Safari, and you're still having an issue, it isn't a browser issue.

At this point, start looking at your firewall/security software settings.

So it turns out, this isn't a browser issue after all......

I can't access it at work or home, but both use Comcast as an ISP so I'm not sure if it's being blocked at the ISP or something at least in my case. My work and home systems are also set up differently and on completely different networks, so it's not a firewall thing.

I can get to ADorama on my phone (which is Verizon). I've also gone to the extent of resetting my router and even going straight thru to the modem from the computer, with no luck, so I'm not sure what's going on, but I can attest that I've had issues with ADorama's site too (just tried all this last night and this morning).

I'm thinking there might be something more to the problem if more than one person is reporting it at around the same time frame.

 sirhawkeye64's gear list:sirhawkeye64's gear list
Fujifilm X-T20 Nikon Z7 Nikon Z5 Nikon Z7 II GoPro Hero8 Black +13 more
Doug J Forum Pro • Posts: 11,160
It's the new anti-GAS feature
2

Arlene wrote:

Is Adorama out of business? Their website hasn't worked for weeks now.

Just saving you some money 

Cheers,
Doug

ThrillaMozilla Veteran Member • Posts: 5,543
Re: Adorama's website hasn't been up for weeks now.
1

sirhawkeye64 wrote:

Krav Maga wrote:

Arlene wrote:

Is Adorama out of business? Their website hasn't worked for weeks now.

The site is fine.

You're probably experiencing a browser cache/cookie problem. Open up a private browsing tab and see if you can navigate to the site. If you can, then that definitely indicates a cache/cookie issue. You would then want to clear your cache/cookies.

If after using a private tab you still have the problem and if using Safari, try a different browser. If after opening a private tab and you're using any browser other than Safari, and you're still having an issue, it isn't a browser issue.

At this point, start looking at your firewall/security software settings.

So it turns out, this isn't a browser issue after all......

I can't access it at work or home, but both use Comcast as an ISP so I'm not sure if it's being blocked at the ISP

Unlikely.

or something at least in my case. My work and home systems are also set up differently and on completely different networks, so it's not a firewall thing.

I can get to ADorama on my phone (which is Verizon). I've also gone to the extent of resetting my router and even going straight thru to the modem from the computer, with no luck, so I'm not sure what's going on, but I can attest that I've had issues with ADorama's site too (just tried all this last night and this morning).

I'm thinking there might be something more to the problem if more than one person is reporting it at around the same time frame.

Is there some reason you didn't try what I suggested?  I gave you the actual address of the web site.  When you type in adorama.com, that's just a name, but your computer will ask for an address, and then will use that address to contact the web site.  I gave you the address, so you can bypass the address lookup in case that's messed up.

You can try looking it up for yourself.  Run cmd.exe on windows, or open a terminal if on Mac or Linux.  Then type

nslookup adorama.com

Assuming you get an answer, it should match what I gave you.  You can use that directly instead of the URL (adorama.com).

 ThrillaMozilla's gear list:ThrillaMozilla's gear list
Canon EOS Rebel SL1
martinhb Contributing Member • Posts: 523
Corrupt DNS Cache

I agree. If the OP can reach dpreview then there's no reason not to be able to reach Adorama or any other site.

If the OP's DNS cache is corrupt then what you suggest is an ideal way to circumvent the problem.

The OP does not seem to realise the internet runs on IP address numbers not on names.

 martinhb's gear list:martinhb's gear list
Canon PowerShot G1 X Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3 Olympus E-M1 II Panasonic Leica D Vario-Elmar 14-150mm F3.5-5.6 Asph Mega OIS Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II +3 more
sirhawkeye64 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,547
Re: Adorama's website hasn't been up for weeks now.

ThrillaMozilla wrote:

sirhawkeye64 wrote:

Krav Maga wrote:

Arlene wrote:

Is Adorama out of business? Their website hasn't worked for weeks now.

The site is fine.

You're probably experiencing a browser cache/cookie problem. Open up a private browsing tab and see if you can navigate to the site. If you can, then that definitely indicates a cache/cookie issue. You would then want to clear your cache/cookies.

If after using a private tab you still have the problem and if using Safari, try a different browser. If after opening a private tab and you're using any browser other than Safari, and you're still having an issue, it isn't a browser issue.

At this point, start looking at your firewall/security software settings.

So it turns out, this isn't a browser issue after all......

I can't access it at work or home, but both use Comcast as an ISP so I'm not sure if it's being blocked at the ISP

Unlikely.

or something at least in my case. My work and home systems are also set up differently and on completely different networks, so it's not a firewall thing.

I can get to ADorama on my phone (which is Verizon). I've also gone to the extent of resetting my router and even going straight thru to the modem from the computer, with no luck, so I'm not sure what's going on, but I can attest that I've had issues with ADorama's site too (just tried all this last night and this morning).

I'm thinking there might be something more to the problem if more than one person is reporting it at around the same time frame.

Is there some reason you didn't try what I suggested? I gave you the actual address of the web site. When you type in adorama.com, that's just a name, but your computer will ask for an address, and then will use that address to contact the web site. I gave you the address, so you can bypass the address lookup in case that's messed up.

You can try looking it up for yourself. Run cmd.exe on windows, or open a terminal if on Mac or Linux. Then type

nslookup adorama.com

Assuming you get an answer, it should match what I gave you. You can use that directly instead of the URL (adorama.com).

I just did.  Same result.

And I did use NS Lookup and got the IP you provided, but in the browsers it still says it can't find adorama.com when it tries to resolve the IP.

I'm going to look into this more, as it worked about 2 months ago but nothing else changed on my computers that I'm aware of (luckily I don't buy much online from Adorama so this isn't really an issue for me).

 sirhawkeye64's gear list:sirhawkeye64's gear list
Fujifilm X-T20 Nikon Z7 Nikon Z5 Nikon Z7 II GoPro Hero8 Black +13 more
ThrillaMozilla Veteran Member • Posts: 5,543
Re: Corrupt DNS Cache

HowdC wrote:

I agree. If the OP can reach dpreview then there's no reason not to be able to reach Adorama or any other site.

If the OP's DNS cache is corrupt then what you suggest is an ideal way to circumvent the problem.

The OP does not seem to realise the internet runs on IP address numbers not on names.

It's not just to circumvent the problem.  It's also for diagnosis.

 ThrillaMozilla's gear list:ThrillaMozilla's gear list
Canon EOS Rebel SL1
martinhb Contributing Member • Posts: 523
Re: Corrupt DNS Cache

Absolutely!

 martinhb's gear list:martinhb's gear list
Canon PowerShot G1 X Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3 Olympus E-M1 II Panasonic Leica D Vario-Elmar 14-150mm F3.5-5.6 Asph Mega OIS Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II +3 more
RandallB Junior Member • Posts: 48
Re: Corrupt DNS Cache

My ipad started having issues with adoramas site a few weeks ago as well. Only one of my private browsers will access it. Safari- no dice.

 RandallB's gear list:RandallB's gear list
Canon EOS 6D
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads