Mate 30 Pro photos in dusk

Started Dec 14, 2019 | Discussions
Drzewoid Regular Member • Posts: 379
Mate 30 Pro photos in dusk

All photos was taken without tripod - justr from hand. Very low light condition, very cloudy and dusk! I was afraid most photos will be blurry and not sharp. I don't know how Huawei do it 🤷‍♀️ Pleas open original files, bacause dpr site is compressing. The object is Rolling Mill Zinc Museum

Jostian
Jostian Veteran Member • Posts: 4,365
Re: Mate 30 Pro photos in dusk

Awesome shots! love the Huawei processing, not over the top, great detail and natural looking!

-- hide signature --
 Jostian's gear list:Jostian's gear list
Sony a9 Sony a6600 Sony FE 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 Tamron 28-75mm F2.8 III Tamron 20mm F2.8 Di III OSD +3 more
alex_virt Senior Member • Posts: 2,011

Very interesting photos and excellent image quality in difficult conditions. Bravo to you and Huawei!

_vlad Senior Member • Posts: 2,672

Well done.

Those remind me of my probably first photographic course with Sebastian Michaels concentrated on Grunge photography - as those are perfect examples right away or first step how to achieve the grunge look. Dirty, maybe noisy, contrasty, highly texturized output. We have had to create shots either of grungy ext/interiors (like those you posted) or process them to grunge effect.

Just a tip - you may try to use UWA lens and go close very close to some object, and leave the rest in background. This way you will gain immersive even wild perspective which will increase the final effect of shot. Distortion is not a problem to be afraid of. Just opposite - it is huge advantage - but have to be used wisely (skewed verticals big noses etc.) UWA is not about getting everything into frame as many think, but to utilize this depth, perspective, separation close vs distant which cannot be done by any other focal length. And HUA UWAs are very good - last but not least - they can AF which is extremely important.

Just to illustrate what I mean - have a look at this photo which illustrate it (BTW no grungy object rather pretty ordinary - but processed to grunge look and with utilizing UWA)

-- hide signature --

Vlad

_vlad's gear list:_vlad's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Panasonic GH5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Panasonic Lumix G X Vario 35-100mm F2.8 OIS +5 more
Jostian
Jostian Veteran Member • Posts: 4,365

_vlad wrote:

Well done.

Those remind me of my probably first photographic course with Sebastian Michaels concentrated on Grunge photography - as those are perfect examples right away or first step how to achieve the grunge look. Dirty, maybe noisy, contrasty, highly texturized output. We have had to create shots either of grungy ext/interiors (like those you posted) or process them to grunge effect.

Just a tip - you may try to use UWA lens and go close very close to some object, and leave the rest in background. This way you will gain immersive even wild perspective which will increase the final effect of shot. Distortion is not a problem to be afraid of. Just opposite - it is huge advantage - but have to be used wisely (skewed verticals big noses etc.) UWA is not about getting everything into frame as many think, but to utilize this depth, perspective, separation close vs distant which cannot be done by any other focal length. And HUA UWAs are very good - last but not least - they can AF which is extremely important.

Just to illustrate what I mean - have a look at this photo which illustrate it (BTW no grungy object rather pretty ordinary - but processed to grunge look and with utilizing UWA)

Great shot! and good advice.

-- hide signature --
 Jostian's gear list:Jostian's gear list
Sony a9 Sony a6600 Sony FE 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 Tamron 28-75mm F2.8 III Tamron 20mm F2.8 Di III OSD +3 more
OP Drzewoid Regular Member • Posts: 379

_vlad wrote:

Nice shot - thanks for tip, i will try soon

-- hide signature --

I'm not photographer, I just like to taking photos.

bigley Ling Veteran Member • Posts: 4,490

these shots are really impressive for high ISO shots!

bigley Ling's gear list:bigley Ling's gear list
Apple iPhone X

Drzewoid wrote:

"DRINKING ALCOHOL OR BEING DRUNK IN THE WAREHOUSE IS PROHIBITED"

I don't know Polish but some words sound familiar

_vlad Senior Member • Posts: 2,672

Yep, the same with EN vs GER Sie dürfen kein Alkohol trinken. Many European languages sound similar (or have kind of common root), which sometimes helps and sometimes not (in case of learning another language). And most funny thing is, that it is not only between anglosaxon languages, but to lesser extent even between Slavic and English or German

-
Vlad

_vlad's gear list:_vlad's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Panasonic GH5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Panasonic Lumix G X Vario 35-100mm F2.8 OIS +5 more

_vlad wrote:

Yep, the same with EN vs GER Sie dürfen kein Alkohol trinken. Many European languages sound similar (or have kind of common root), which sometimes helps and sometimes not (in case of learning another language). And most funny thing is, that it is not only between anglosaxon languages, but to lesser extent even between Slavic and English or German

-
Vlad

In the good ol' Soviet Union, plates like this were everywhere but didn't help much

bigley Ling wrote:

these shots are really impressive for high ISO shots!

Finally, a phone good enough for shooting in museums!

Pocket Poetry
Pocket Poetry New Member • Posts: 6

Very low light conditions, yet it still looks bright as day.

Your pictures make me inch one step slower to getting one for myself lol.

Boss of Sony Senior Member • Posts: 2,249

These are just mind-blowing for a phone. An M43 camera with a $700 UWA zoom won't do as good as this.

Boss of Sony's gear list:Boss of Sony's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II Olympus 9mm F8 Fish-Eye Body Cap Lens
albero Regular Member • Posts: 249

Impressive work. Bravo!

In this example I think both the camera equipment (smartphone) and the photographer are first class.

albero's gear list:albero's gear list
Nikon Z6
Zoran K Contributing Member • Posts: 892

Fantastic!

Are these photos out of a camera or they are developed from RAW files?

Edgar_in_Indy
Edgar_in_Indy Regular Member • Posts: 462

Zoran K wrote:

Fantastic!

Are these photos out of a camera or they are developed from RAW files?

I was wondering the same thing. The first one looks like a OOC JPEG (albeit it a very good one) with suggestions of textures that have been smoothed out, but the second shot with the chairs looks like it was developed from a RAW file.

Either way, the pictures look fantastic and it's a wonderful gallery.

Edgar_in_Indy's gear list:Edgar_in_Indy's gear list
Olympus XZ-1 Panasonic LX10 Pentax K-30 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Sony a6500
OP Drzewoid Regular Member • Posts: 379

Thank You for very kind words All this photos were taken in standard JPG auto mode

Zoran K Contributing Member • Posts: 892

Drzewoid wrote:

Thank You for very kind words All this photos were taken in standard JPG auto mode

That is incredible !

I doubt that I can have OOC JPEG's with that level of quality from my D750.

Is there any significant difference in photo performance between Mate 30 Pro and 30 Pro ? I prefer Google support on 30 Pro.

Edgar_in_Indy
Edgar_in_Indy Regular Member • Posts: 462

Drzewoid wrote:

That makes the photos even more impressive. I wish that phone was an option for me, but it won't work well on Verizon in the US.

I picked up the new TCL 10 Pro, which has the same size main sensor, but I have to shoot RAW to get the kind of detail you have, and the lens is not as good...smaller aperture and probably inferior optics. It was only $450 though...

If Huawei would make their phones more US-friendly in terms of supporting the necessary radio bands, I would go for it, even if it was a gray-market/no-warranty phone.

Edgar_in_Indy's gear list:Edgar_in_Indy's gear list
Olympus XZ-1 Panasonic LX10 Pentax K-30 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Sony a6500
GDamjan Regular Member • Posts: 160

Nice series

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads