Nikon D750 with SB700 and new Godox AD200, X2T-N and X1R-N

Started 2 months ago | Discussions
adebre New Member • Posts: 5
Nikon D750 with SB700 and new Godox AD200, X2T-N and X1R-N

I have a D750 and I have been using with sb700 without any problems. I have just bought a Godox AD200, X2T-N for the D750 and x1R for the sb700 but I have no idea how to set them all to work together in Manual mode both camera and flashes. Does the X2T is going to be the master? (For some reason I cannot make it work as master) What settings for the camera, SB700 and AD200? I can make all work but the SB700 does not work in remote (idk why) and only in Master mode. I must be doing something wrong but I do not know what. Thank you

Nikon D750
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
JimResnikoff
JimResnikoff Contributing Member • Posts: 630
Re: Nikon D750 with SB700 and new Godox AD200, X2T-N and X1R-N

I have a similar setup.. SB-700 with a godox receiver.. AD 400 godox for the mains. Put one light in each channel. For example my Monolight is in group "A" and the speedlight is group "B" Make sure they are both on the same channel.

Set the camera to TTL Do not use the camera as commander mode or anything like that.

Set the speedlight to master

additional lights that are in the same reception . Use the transmitter on top of the camera hot shoe to dial up or down the power on each light.

JimResnikoff's gear list:JimResnikoff's gear list
Nikon D750 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S 70-200mm F2.8E FL ED VR Phase One Capture One Pro +2 more
kli
kli Veteran Member • Posts: 3,427
Re: Nikon D750 with SB700 and new Godox AD200, X2T-N and X1R-N

adebre wrote:

I have a D750 and I have been using with sb700 without any problems. I have just bought a Godox AD200, X2T-N for the D750 and x1R for the sb700 but I have no idea how to set them all to work together in Manual mode both camera and flashes. Does the X2T is going to be the master?

Yes. The X2T will sit on top of your camera, and be your radio master. However, keep in mind, the Godox 2.4 GHz radio system is not using Nikon's CLS/AWL system for communication. Keep your D750 set as if it were using an on-camera speedlight, not a CLS commander unit.

(For some reason I cannot make it work as master) What settings for the camera, SB700 and AD200?

Don't use CLS commander/wireless settings on the camera. And check these things:

• Batteries in everything are good.
  • The X2T-N and X1R-N are both set to use the same channel and (if you're using them) wireless ID code.
  • The firmware on the X2T-N, X1R-N, and AD200 are all up to-to-date.
  • That the SB700 is out of CLS slave mode, and set up as if it were being used on-camera. Also, make sure it is set to TTL. You can still control it in M from the transmitter, but it will display as if it were in TTL all the time. The Godox system for all systems except Canon, tends to fake the M power settings via TTL commands.
  • The AD200 is in radio slave mode, not S1/S2 optical slave modes.

I can make all work but the SB700 does not work in remote (idk why) and only in Master mode.

Take it out of commander/save modes. Those are for optical CLS.

Hope that helps. If it doesn't, I put together a troubleshooting list here:

https://photo.stackexchange.com/questions/106379/my-godox-flash-wont-fire-off-camera-what-should-i-check

kli's gear list:kli's gear list
Fujifilm X100T Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 50D Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Canon EF 135mm F2L USM +12 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads