Samyang 14mm f/2.8 Lens for Canon Lens Hood Issue!

Started 2 months ago | Questions
X T R E M E New Member • Posts: 2
Samyang 14mm f/2.8 Lens for Canon Lens Hood Issue!

Hi there. Few days ago I was photographing the night sky with my Samyang 14mm lens and suddenly my tripod fell down because of wind and the lens hood has been broken. My friend told me I can make it for you from aluminium material but you need to dismount it and gave it to me. I have opened the screws of the lens but I couldn't reach the hood! Is here anyone helping me to dismount the hood? Or any source you could give to get help for dismounting?

Broken Hood!

X T R E M E's gear list:X T R E M E's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM Samyang 14mm F2.8 ED AS IF UMC Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
sirhawkeye64 Senior Member • Posts: 3,633
Re: Samyang 14mm f/2.8 Lens for Canon Lens Hood Issue!

X T R E M E wrote:

Hi there. Few days ago I was photographing the night sky with my Samyang 14mm lens and suddenly my tripod fell down because of wind and the lens hood has been broken. My friend told me I can make it for you from aluminium material but you need to dismount it and gave it to me. I have opened the screws of the lens but I couldn't reach the hood! Is here anyone helping me to dismount the hood? Or any source you could give to get help for dismounting?

Broken Hood!

From what I know, these are part of the barrel and cannot be easily removed without either destroying the lens or the hood (which it looks like you've already done).

sirhawkeye64's gear list:sirhawkeye64's gear list
Nikon Z7 Nikon Z6 Fujifilm X-T30 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Tamron 15-30mm F2.8 +16 more
OP X T R E M E New Member • Posts: 2

sirhawkeye64 wrote:

X T R E M E wrote:

Broken Hood!

From what I know, these are part of the barrel and cannot be easily removed without either destroying the lens or the hood (which it looks like you've already done).

Nope! They can be dismounted. T3.1 version has the same hood.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32889585601.html

X T R E M E's gear list:X T R E M E's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM Samyang 14mm F2.8 ED AS IF UMC Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM
sirhawkeye64 Senior Member • Posts: 3,633

X T R E M E wrote:

sirhawkeye64 wrote:

X T R E M E wrote:

Broken Hood!

Nope! They can be dismounted. T3.1 version has the same hood.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32889585601.html

OK well even then so, I'd be more concerned about other things, like internal damage if you managed to break the lens hood like that.  A small crack or small piece missing is one thing, but that is a decent amount of the hood missing.

sirhawkeye64's gear list:sirhawkeye64's gear list
Nikon Z7 Nikon Z6 Fujifilm X-T30 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Tamron 15-30mm F2.8 +16 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads