SX 20 IS -Can I see if my photo is in focus immediately after taking a picture?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions
bobcrab New Member • Posts: 13
SX 20 IS -Can I see if my photo is in focus immediately after taking a picture?

When I take a picture on my Powershot SX 20 IS, I get a preview of the photo for a few seconds and then it goes back into shooting mode.  For me to see if the picture is in focus, I have to hit the playback button and then zoom in to see if it looks good.  Is there a way to check the focus of the photo immediately after the photo is taken? I tried pushing the zoom in button when the preview of the photo is shown but nothing happens (I have to wait for the preview to go away and then hit the playback button).

I2K4
I2K4 Contributing Member • Posts: 908
Re: SX 20 IS -Can I see if my photo is in focus immediately after taking a picture?

My recollection is that SX20 is about the same as SX10 (with enhanced video).

• In Shooting Mode, you can enter Menu / Camera icon / Review Info / choose "Focus Check" for the quick review blow-up in lower right corner - at the same time set Review for as many seconds as you want it.
  • In Review/Playback Mode, the Dispay button toggles plain view, basic info, detail with histogram, and then the focus-check blow-up which stays in place as you progress along the image list right-pressing the wheel. Hope this helps.
 I2K4's gear list:I2K4's gear list
Canon PowerShot S5 IS Canon PowerShot SX10 IS Canon PowerShot SD4000 IS +2 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads