Airline size backpack for GFX100 with tilt EVF adapter

Started 2 months ago | Discussions
Scottelly
Scottelly Forum Pro • Posts: 14,303
Airline size backpack for GFX100 with tilt EVF adapter

I'm looking for a backpack to carry a GFX 100 with lens and tilt adapter for the EVF. I figure it will need to be carried it on its side. There will be more lenses and some other stuff to go into the backpack too. I'm thinking about the Thinktank Airport Commuter. Has anyone found a good backpack to fit a Fuji GFX100 kit?

Here's why. I have a friend who just got one, and the backpack he has been using for his Canon 5 Dsr won't fit the Fuji. He plans to travel by plane a few times, and he doesn't want to let his camera get out of sight. I may end up getting a similar set-up, so I'm interested for myself. I might get the same backpack he ends up using, and I'll use it with my two cameras until I can get the Fuji GFX 100.

-- hide signature --

Scott Barton Kennelly
https://www.bigprintphotos.com/

Scottelly's gear list:Scottelly's gear list
Sony SLT-A65 Sigma SD1 Merrill Nikon D810 Sigma sd Quattro H Sony DT 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 SAM +21 more
DenWil
DenWil Veteran Member • Posts: 4,135
Re: Airline size backpack for GFX100 with tilt EVF adapter

Scottelly wrote:

I'm looking for a backpack to carry a GFX 100 with lens and tilt adapter for the EVF. I figure it will need to be carried it on its side. There will be more lenses and some other stuff to go into the backpack too. I'm thinking about the Thinktank Airport Commuter. Has anyone found a good backpack to fit a Fuji GFX100 kit?

Here's why. I have a friend who just got one, and the backpack he has been using for his Canon 5 Dsr won't fit the Fuji. He plans to travel by plane a few times, and he doesn't want to let his camera get out of sight. I may end up getting a similar set-up, so I'm interested for myself. I might get the same backpack he ends up using, and I'll use it with my two cameras until I can get the Fuji GFX 100.

You may be overestimating  the space requirements of the GFX kits.  While the purpose built pre cut slots designed for a Canon DSLR may not fit a GFX  certainly the inserts can be swapped out  to accommodate  different gear.

I have a collection of non photo Ralph Lauren backpacks that   can be purposed to hold  two  MF 67 bodies, 3 lenses, wood grips and assorted odds and ends.  On United and American  the bags qualify as either  the personal item  or  the bag for the overhead bin.

The  same backpacks  will  allow for the  small camera bag which came as a freebie with my D810 to slide in  with that  camera body and two lenses and grip  inside and sit upright on the bottom. Camera bag as insert in backpack.

-- hide signature --

dw

Luvwine Regular Member • Posts: 279

I am a big fan of the Mindshift Firstlight 30L.  I don’t have  Fuji GFX 100 (yet, hopefully soon) but the pack can hold a lot, is comfortable, and well thought out, and should meet airline requirements.

-- hide signature --

Luvwine
Sony A7rIV (x2), Zeiss Loxia 21/2.8, Sigma Art 35/1.2, Voigtlander 40/1.2, Voigtlander 50/1.2, Voigtlander 65/2 apo-lanthar, Zeiss Loxia 85/2.4, Sony GM 85/1.4, Voigtlander 110/2.5 apo lanthar, Leica R 180/2.8 apo, Leica R 280/4 apo, Leica R 1.4x Extender, bags by Thinktank, Ona, and others, Canon IPF 8300

Luvwine's gear list:Luvwine's gear list
Fujifilm GFX 100 Sony a7R IV Sony FE 35mm F2.8 Zeiss Loxia 21mm F2.8 Sony FE 85mm F1.4 GM +9 more
Greg7579
Greg7579 Veteran Member • Posts: 8,265

Yes.  Peak Design Everyday Backpack 30L version 2.  Perfect.  Just came out.  I bought it last week and posted pics on the thread about bags for the GFX 100.  Perfect.

-- hide signature --
 Greg7579's gear list:Greg7579's gear list
Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR XF 90mm Fujifilm X100F Leica Q2 Fujifilm X-H1 +16 more
Greg7579
Don't Forget to Report!

OK now … all you two guys on this thread about to get the GFX 100 remember to report in on the GFX 100 ownership report thread.  We only have 31 people on this Board with the GFX 100 and we listed them there.  I called Fuji and they told me that the made more GFX 100s than that and have sold all the ones they made, so somebody must have them.

And since all MF shooters on Earth or on the DPR boards, then why in the Hell are they not reporting in?

The problem is here … we have a lack of discipline and some of you guys are slipping.

I don't care if you are AA returned from the grave to buy a GFX 100 (which he would do immediately if he were here with us), you better report in now....

Would he buy the alphasevenarefour because DPR proclaimed it the best landscape camera in the world.  Hell no.

Ansel would buy the GFX 100.

Report!!!

-- hide signature --
Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR XF 90mm Fujifilm X100F Leica Q2 Fujifilm X-H1 +16 more
abdul almaimani
abdul almaimani Regular Member • Posts: 305

I am using THINKTANK AIRPORT ANTIDOTE V20. It easily fits my GFX100 and almost all lenses in it. Damn heavy, but I have 250, 120,110,100-200, 32-64, 45, 23 and tubes 18 and 45. No flash I carry with me. So you can imagine how heavy it is, but it is a nice backpack and can be carried around.

-- hide signature --
 abdul almaimani's gear list:abdul almaimani's gear list
Fujifilm X70 Canon EOS 5D Mark III Fujifilm X-T1 Canon EOS 7D Mark II Fujifilm X-T2 +33 more
abdul almaimani
abdul almaimani Regular Member • Posts: 305

abdul almaimani wrote:

I am using THINKTANK AIRPORT ANTIDOTE V20. It easily fits my GFX100 and almost all lenses in it. Damn heavy, but I have 250, 120,110,100-200, 32-64, 45, 23 and tubes 18 and 45. No flash I carry with me. So you can imagine how heavy it is, but it is a nice backpack and can be carried around.

I forgot to mention that I also use thinktank Retrospective 7, and it can hold one two lenses and a body.

I hope this helps

-- hide signature --
 abdul almaimani's gear list:abdul almaimani's gear list
Fujifilm X70 Canon EOS 5D Mark III Fujifilm X-T1 Canon EOS 7D Mark II Fujifilm X-T2 +33 more
scst48 Contributing Member • Posts: 863
Re: Don't Forget to Report!

Greg7579 wrote:

OK now … all you two guys on this thread about to get the GFX 100 remember to report in on the GFX 100 ownership report thread. We only have 31 people on this Board with the GFX 100 and we listed them there. I called Fuji and they told me that the made more GFX 100s than that and have sold all the ones they made, so somebody must have them.

And since all MF shooters on Earth or on the DPR boards, then why in the Hell are they not reporting in?

The problem is here … we have a lack of discipline and some of you guys are slipping.

I don't care if you are AA returned from the grave to buy a GFX 100 (which he would do immediately if he were here with us), you better report in now....

Would he buy the alphasevenarefour because DPR proclaimed it the best landscape camera in the world. Hell no.

Report!!!

Why should I "report" to just another member? If ever I share my experience and findings on a voluntary basis!

-- hide signature --

Stefan

scst48's gear list:scst48's gear list
Nikon D810 Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro +7 more
Greg7579

scst48 wrote:

Greg7579 wrote:

OK now … all you two guys on this thread about to get the GFX 100 remember to report in on the GFX 100 ownership report thread. We only have 31 people on this Board with the GFX 100 and we listed them there. I called Fuji and they told me that the made more GFX 100s than that and have sold all the ones they made, so somebody must have them.

Would he buy the alphasevenarefour because DPR proclaimed it the best landscape camera in the world. Hell no.

Report!!!

Why should I "report" to just another member? If ever I share my experience and findings on a voluntary basis!

Stefan!  Long time no talk.  Glad you got the 100.  You are one of the reasons I bought the GFX 50r.  Too late Man.  You just reported.  You are number 32.

Besides, you aren't reporting to me.  I'm not a mod.  You are reporting to the Board, which you just did.

Thanks

-- hide signature --
Manzur Fahim
Manzur Fahim Senior Member • Posts: 2,590

Greg7579 wrote:

Report!!!

Not all the owners are apparently on this board Greg. My poll had over 100 GFX users in Facebook. I know you do not use Facebook, but I can maybe list the names here if you want.

Manzur Fahim's gear list:Manzur Fahim's gear list
Fujifilm GFX 100 Sony a7R IV Fujifilm GF 110mm F2 Fujifilm GF 23mm F4 Sigma DP2 Merrill +9 more
martinmoh Junior Member • Posts: 28

I just used a compagnon explorer plus for a trip.  I have laptop, external ssd, ac adapter, 32-64, 250, 110, gfx 100 along with my xt3 kit lens and charger.  Fits in over head easily and (for me) is much more comfortable for hiking than a peak.

I mainly chose it because I have a deuter backpack I love and they collaborated with compagnon on this bag so it has good hip and chest straps.

martinmoh's gear list:martinmoh's gear list
Fujifilm GFX 100
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads