50-20mm gondle

Started 2 months ago | Discussions
Andre Van Hecke New Member • Posts: 20
50-20mm gondle

I bought this Panasonic 50-200mm lens (for my Panasonic G9) and it was delivered without a tripod gondle

I was wondering if

(1) is there a need for the use of a gondle

(2) so yes, where can I buy one like this example in Europe?

Andre Van Hecke's gear list:Andre Van Hecke's gear list
Panasonic FZ2500 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Panasonic Leica 200mm F2.8 Panasonic Leica DG 50-200mm F2.8-4
amipal
amipal Senior Member • Posts: 1,115
Re: 50-20mm gondle

I've had the 50-200m lens since April this year, and haven't had many needs to use a tripod on it yet.

When I have used a tripod, the balance has seemed fine.

Cheers,
Paul

amipal's gear list:amipal's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 +7 more
evetsf Senior Member • Posts: 1,244

Andre Van Hecke wrote:

I bought this Panasonic 50-200mm lens (for my Panasonic G9) and it was delivered without a tripod gondle

I was wondering if

Most lenses that are intended to be used with a tripod collar have a corresponding recess/groove on the lens where the collar will be mounted.

The 50-200 has no such groove, so finding a place to mount a collar that would not interfere with operating the lens would be difficult.

The 50-200 is not that big or heavy- it's only slightly heavier on a G9 than a fixed-lens Panasonic FZ2500. I have no problem mounting it to my G9 & carrying it on a shoulder sling all day. If I needed to put this pair on a tripod, it won't overpower the socket on the camera the way a bigger/heavier lens would.

Steve

evetsf's gear list:evetsf's gear list
Fujifilm X-S1 Panasonic FZ2500 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Panasonic Lumix DC-GX9 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH +3 more
Felice62 Senior Member • Posts: 2,479

Andre Van Hecke wrote:

I was wondering if

Just received mine. It's immensely lighter than my oly 40-150 pro and pairs flawlessly with the g9. The combined Ibis and lens IS makes me think I won't need to use a tripod for my photography.

Enjoy this masterpiece.

-- hide signature --

If only closed minds came with closed mouths..

Felice62's gear list:Felice62's gear list
Olympus Stylus 1 Olympus Stylus Tough TG-850 iHS Olympus Tough TG-3 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 +28 more
Wildalaskaken
Wildalaskaken Contributing Member • Posts: 934

You dont need a tripod mount.

I will say it is the best m43 lens out there

Wildalaskaken's gear list:Wildalaskaken's gear list
Panasonic G85 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Panasonic 12-60mm F3.5-5.6 OIS Panasonic 45-200mm F4-5.6 II Panasonic Leica DG 50-200mm F2.8-4 +1 more
OP Andre Van Hecke New Member • Posts: 20

My sincere thanks to all of you for the reactions and advice !!!

Andre Van Hecke's gear list:Andre Van Hecke's gear list
Panasonic FZ2500 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Panasonic Leica 200mm F2.8 Panasonic Leica DG 50-200mm F2.8-4
Allan Brown Senior Member • Posts: 2,857

Andre Van Hecke wrote:

I was wondering if

I believe the 50-200 is about the same size and weight as the 100-300. A few years ago, I made this lens support for my 100-300 and posted the photos here.

This device works very well and, when mounted on a mono or tripod, removes the lens weight from the body and places it centre to the combined centre of balance.

Allan

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads