Language setting on LUMIX fz1000ii - HELP!!!

Started Dec 8, 2019 | Questions
Marianne G New Member • Posts: 1
Language setting on LUMIX fz1000ii - HELP!!!

I turned on my new Panasonic LUMIX FZ1000ii and when I got to the language setting I accidentally bumped something and now everything is in Japanese (?) or Chinese. I’m not sure.  At any rate I can’t read it and I need to change it to English.  Can anyone help?

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Panasonic FZ1000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX10 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Rodger1943
Rodger1943 Forum Pro • Posts: 17,002
Re: Language setting on LUMIX fz1000ii - HELP!!!

I don't have the Mk2, but hopefully this will help. The language setting is in the menu with the spanner/wrench symbol, which on my camera is the last menu before the playback menu. See image below. The language setting is on page 3 of 5 on my camera, but that may not be the case on the Mk2. What is probably the same, is the symbol at the right on the language setting, which is a rather odd looking symbol that seems to indicate someone talking. So the chances are the language setting is still in the same menu category and if so, go through it and if you can find that face symbol with a speech balloon with dots in it, then that's the language setting.

-- hide signature --

Panasonic FZ1000 FZ200 Sony RX10 iv

Rodger1943's gear list:Rodger1943's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic FZ1000 Sony RX10 IV +2 more
DidierDCH Senior Member • Posts: 1,164

If that can help further, English (the language) reads 英语 in simplified Chinese, 英語 in Japanese and traditional Chinese. The second character could also rather be 文 (written language).

Didier

DidierDCH's gear list:DidierDCH's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300 Panasonic Lumix DC-ZS70 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS +2 more
Cpljacko Contributing Member • Posts: 561

Marianne G wrote:

I turned on my new Panasonic LUMIX FZ1000ii and when I got to the language setting I accidentally bumped something and now everything is in Japanese (?) or Chinese. I’m not sure. At any rate I can’t read it and I need to change it to English. Can anyone help?

On the FZ10002, the language setting is the second entry down on page 3 of 4 on the spanner menu. Regardless of the set language, it has the icon of a little man with a speech bubble to the right of the entry. Just select, press set, and make your choice.

Cpljacko's gear list:Cpljacko's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1 Panasonic LX10 Panasonic LX100 II Panasonic Lumix DC-FZ1000 II
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads