Can's get D750 remote to work

Started 2 months ago | Discussions
photofox New Member • Posts: 13
Can's get D750 remote to work

I have a new D750, that I'll mostly be using on a tripod for night landscapes. I bought the plug-in MC-DC2 "cable release", which works great. I also just received an ML-13 remote control, which the manual says will trip the shutter when that's selected in remote control mode. But, nothing. I've tried three brand-new batteries in the remote, and even borrowed a friend's ML-13 with fresh batteries, and there's just no response. Am I missing something, or all new batteries are duds these days, or the infrared sensors (front and back) on the camera are duds? Please advise!

Nikon D750
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
JimResnikoff
JimResnikoff Contributing Member • Posts: 650
Re: Can's get D750 remote to work

set the release-mode dial to "remote," then go into the shooting menu and choose between immediate release and delay.)

JimResnikoff's gear list:JimResnikoff's gear list
Nikon D750 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S 70-200mm F2.8E FL ED VR Phase One Capture One Pro +2 more
Leonard Migliore
Leonard Migliore Forum Pro • Posts: 17,702
That's why I used a wired remote

JimResnikoff wrote:

set the release-mode dial to "remote," then go into the shooting menu and choose between immediate release and delay.)

My life is simpler when I don't have to mess with settings and then test to see if the thing actually communicates.

Of course, the wired remote for the D750 is itself a pain because it's hard to tell if you have the connector the right way when you try to plug it it and it also gets in the way of the L-bracket for vertical shots. But at least the shutter operates when you press it.

-- hide signature --

Leonard Migliore

Leonard Migliore's gear list:Leonard Migliore's gear list
Canon PowerShot G12 Sony RX100 III Nikon D300 Nikon D750 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR +12 more
JimResnikoff
JimResnikoff Contributing Member • Posts: 650
Re: That's why I used a wired remote

I don't even bother with remotes.. I use the self timer to trigger when I am doing long exposures.

JimResnikoff's gear list:JimResnikoff's gear list
Nikon D750 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S 70-200mm F2.8E FL ED VR Phase One Capture One Pro +2 more
ken5678 Forum Member • Posts: 91
Re: That's why I used a wired remote

on my old D7000, there was an option on the mode dial for wireless remote shutter release.   then you set whether it was real time / delay / mirror up in the menu.

on my D750 to use the wireless remote (ML-L3),  it is all in the menu,  and it works for many if not all modes.     see p. 193 of the owners manual.      the one pain, is that that this setting is only temporary and will need to be turned back on again,  at a minimum of every time the camera is turned on.

overall I find the ML-L3 is a great tool, and works really well when within a foot or two of the camera,  and well enough when 6 feet away.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads