Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ18

Started 4 months ago | Discussions
Kneth New Member • Posts: 21
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ18

I own a camera of the above mentioned model.
Now I realize that the half press of the shutter button seems not working properly. When I half press, the camera automatically focuses and takes the photo.
Tried on most modes e.g. iA, P, A, S, M.
Any advice please?

Kneth's gear list:Kneth's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ18
Jerry045
Jerry045 Forum Pro • Posts: 11,341
Re: Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ18

Perhaps you are missing the "half way" point.  On the other hand, that camera was introduced in 2007. It may be telling its age.

Try pressing really slow and see if it focusses first at some point before taking the picture.

If age, corrosion or a worn out contact is the problem, there is not much you can do externally to fix that. I seriously doubt parts might still be available for a camera of that age if you sent it somewhere for repair, and the cost might not be worth it.

Jerry045's gear list:Jerry045's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS20 Sony RX10 IV +2 more
DidierDCH Contributing Member • Posts: 783

If all else fails, I think that the af/ae lock button on the back of the camera can be set to af lock, so that you could use that button as the equivalent of a half-press of the shutter.

Didier

DidierDCH's gear list:DidierDCH's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300 Panasonic Lumix DC-ZS70 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS +2 more
OP Kneth New Member • Posts: 21

Thank you very much @Jerry045 and @DidierDCH for your replies.

I was lucky this time! One member of another forum asked me to switch off the camera and keep pressing the shutter in/out repeatedly (like a 100 times) and it did the trick!

Kneth's gear list:Kneth's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ18
Jerry045
Jerry045 Forum Pro • Posts: 11,341

Kneth wrote:

Thank you very much @Jerry045 and @DidierDCH for your replies.

I was lucky this time! One member of another forum asked me to switch off the camera and keep pressing the shutter in/out repeatedly (like a 100 times) and it did the trick!

Yay!!!  

Jerry045's gear list:Jerry045's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS20 Sony RX10 IV +2 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads