* The Weekly Image Thread 19 11 18 #392 *

Started 3 months ago | Photos
dt27348
dt27348 Veteran Member • Posts: 4,658
Re: Winter Arrives in Glencoe

Thanks Joe. Making the most of the decent weather while it lasts.

Dave

dt27348's gear list:dt27348's gear list
Samsung GX-10 Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-M5 II Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-150mm F4-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS +1 more
dt27348
Re: Winter Arrives in Glencoe

Thanks Pete. It was a great day to be out but not one for sitting around. It was COLD.

Dave

Samsung GX-10 Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-M5 II Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-150mm F4-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS +1 more
dt27348
Re: Rain droplets

Very nicely done Charles.

Dave

dt27348
Re: Cloudy SF

Looks like a prime site for redevelopment Joe. Must have been a hive of activity at one time.

Dave

dt27348
Re: Beekeeping

That's a great shot. Very nicely done. I love honey but I'll stick to buying it from the supermarket.

Dave

Kiwisnap Senior Member • Posts: 1,021
Re: Beekeeping

dt27348 wrote:

That's a great shot. Very nicely done. I love honey but I'll stick to buying it from the supermarket.

Dave

Thanks. We get about two dozen jars a year from the man who owns the hives. They spend winter on our place before heading to the coast to produce that expensive Manuka honey you see in the shops!

I find the bees surprisingly friendly - we have had them here for at least 6 years now and nobody has ever been stung. I do talk to them as I walk past the area with my dogs - I am sure that helps!

Kiwisnap's gear list:Kiwisnap's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M1X Olympus Zuiko Digital 1.4x Teleconverter EC-14 Olympus 40-150mm F2.8 Pro Olympus 7-14mm F2.8 Pro Olympus 8mm F1.8 Fisheye Pro +2 more
Craig from Nevada
Craig from Nevada Veteran Member • Posts: 6,356
Re: More From The Railroad Museum

Cloudforest wrote:

These are great Craig. I'll never tire of looking at sets like this. I like the crop on the first and the fourth is terrific. I think detail shots always make the series more complete.

Thanks, Pete.  I agree with your comment about the detail shots.  The locomotives are full of wonderful design and craftmanship.  The details are as amazing to me as the whole engine.

Craig from Nevada's gear list:Craig from Nevada's gear list
Olympus Tough TG-4 Olympus E-30 Olympus E-620 Olympus E-5 Fujifilm X-T1 +25 more
cosmicnode Veteran Member • Posts: 4,505
The green dragon

This is the old part of Stockton on tees the Green Dragon Yard and the Georgian Theatre.

-- hide signature --

Mike.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit, it's the only way to be sure."

cosmicnode's gear list:cosmicnode's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon D800 Nikon D500 Olympus E-PL8 Olympus E-M1 II +11 more
dt27348
Re: The green dragon

Nice shots Mike. The Green Dragon looks like a nice place for a drink but it seems to be closed. Shame.

Dave

Harri Fin H5 Senior Member • Posts: 1,807
wife's hobby

Hi

,,,all of these are done by my wife

These are going to the Christmas market

-- hide signature --

Harri

Harri Fin H5's gear list:Harri Fin H5's gear list
Olympus Stylus 1s Olympus E-510 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus Zuiko Digital 35mm 1:3.5 Macro +3 more
19andrew47
OP 19andrew47 Forum Pro • Posts: 34,522

All nice images Mike. The first two are attractive looking establishments.

Andrew

19andrew47
Re: wife's hobby

Hope she does well Harri. My wife and a couple of her friends used to run a Christmas craft show but gave it up.

Andrew

Craig from Nevada
Re: wife's hobby

Beautiful crafts and very well presented in your photo.

Olympus Tough TG-4 Olympus E-30 Olympus E-620 Olympus E-5 Fujifilm X-T1 +25 more
Craig from Nevada

Looks like an interesting part of town.  I do like the blue water in the last image.

Is that a sign for Quiz Night on window of the Green Dragon?

dt27348 wrote:

Nice shots Mike. The Green Dragon looks like a nice place for a drink but it seems to be closed. Shame.

Dave

It's not closed it's around 10 o clock to early to open.

-- hide signature --

Mike.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit, it's the only way to be sure."

Craig from Nevada wrote:

Looks like an interesting part of town. I do like the blue water in the last image.

Is that a sign for Quiz Night on window of the Green Dragon?

I think so , popular in pubs around the area.

-- hide signature --

Mike.

Rich Z
Rich Z Forum Pro • Posts: 10,522
Re: Sunrise, familiar view

I don't miss the home projects, Andrew.  When I moved into The Home I had one surgery to go and was still recovering from the previous three so I qualified as disabled.  They'll come in and change a ceiling light bulb if I ask, and provide the $10 high intensity bulb.  They'll even come in and do domestic chores, which I don't need or want.  Do post pix of your work, perhaps some when it's all apart and looks hopeless.

The 12-200 came yesterday, four days from Hong Kong, 2/3 of best price I could find here.  Hell, the sales tax, which B&H in New York must now collect and send to California would have been $78.  It was delivered early so I had a day to go out and make 100 pix.  It's a better lens than I expected.  I expected 14-150 II level, which is adequate, but it is better.  I will either buy an M1.2 in a month or two, or an M1 X in five or six months.      Rich

Craig from Nevada

Not to hijack your conversation with Andrew, but to just say congratulations on the new lens.  The second shot is nice.

Is PG&E going to shut you down tomorrow?

Rich Z wrote:

I don't miss the home projects, Andrew. When I moved into The Home I had one surgery to go and was still recovering from the previous three so I qualified as disabled. They'll come in and change a ceiling light bulb if I ask, and provide the $10 high intensity bulb. They'll even come in and do domestic chores, which I don't need or want. Do post pix of your work, perhaps some when it's all apart and looks hopeless.

The 12-200 came yesterday, four days from Hong Kong, 2/3 of best price I could find here. Hell, the sales tax, which B&H in New York must now collect and send to California would have been $78. It was delivered early so I had a day to go out and make 100 pix. It's a better lens than I expected. I expected 14-150 II level, which is adequate, but it is better. I will either buy an M1.2 in a month or two, or an M1 X in five or six months. Rich

19andrew47

I really like the first of the dog Rich.  Ordinary dog or cat shots I am not that much into but this one has a great look.  The second image looks very sharp and contrasty.  An excellent image.

I don't know about the EMX Rich.  A lot of money and really no better images than the EM1ii BUT, some great new features and perhaps a size and form factor you will love.  If it had been $800 more than the 1ii I might have bought one.  Could still happen but I think the 1iii will be out before I buy another body, unless it is not an Olympus body.  I could still be tempted by the Sony 7Riv but I would also have to have an excellent lens for all those pixels.  Likely I would go with a prime.  For ergonomics I still prefer the Nikon Z7 but it is not mature enough yet for consideration.

Thinking about it is cheap entertainment for me as long as I don't drink the Kool Aid!

Andrew

Rich Z
Rich Z Forum Pro • Posts: 10,522

Thanks, Craig.

Yesterday I read the PSPS were South of here.  Windy today here but with light rain.  That wind is NW so it's going inland.  I hope it takes the moisture with it.

I'm not going to get annoyed and stressed by the PSPS again.  In my situation, I had it easy.  Lots of people were in trouble without power.  I ate garbanzo beans and read Truman Capote.  Rich

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads