Would a canon ef-s 10-18mm worjk with adapter on my M50?

Started 3 months ago | Questions
tim21 Regular Member • Posts: 114
Would a canon ef-s 10-18mm worjk with adapter on my M50?

This is the lens....

https://www.canon.co.nz/camera-lenses/ef-s-10-18mm-f-4-5-5-6-is-stm

Two things I was wondering:

-Would it even fit my ef-s/ef-m adapter?

-Would it change how the image looked, focal length?

I've looked into this stuff before and never really understood it. I remember that shorter focal length lenses had issues with adapters (my samyang 12mm couldn't be used with an adapter on my sony). I'd really appreciate some clarification on whether this lens can be used with the adapter I have and whether it will change how it is meant to look. Thanks in advance for any insight on this!

ANSWER:
Canon EOS M50 (EOS Kiss M)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
dpeete Contributing Member • Posts: 505
Re: Would a canon ef-s 10-18mm worjk with adapter on my M50?

It will work fine, and will behave exactly as it would on an APS-C DSLR e.g. Rebels, or 60D/70D/80D/90D.

It will be the same field of view as a 16-29mm full-frame or 11-19mm on a Sony APS-C or an 8-15mm micro 4/3s.

dpeete's gear list:dpeete's gear list
Canon EOS M Sony a7R III Canon EOS M6 Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM Canon EF-M 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM +14 more
selected answer This post was selected as the answer by the original poster.
needmoretoys Regular Member • Posts: 492

My EF-S 10-18mm works fine on my M5 with the Canon EF to EF-M adapter.

needmoretoys's gear list:needmoretoys's gear list
Olympus XZ-2 iHS Canon PowerShot G5 X Canon EOS M5 Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM Canon EF 200mm f/2.8L II USM +4 more
OP tim21 Regular Member • Posts: 114

Thanks! (and guy below). I always get confused with focal length and field of view.

Ben Herrmann
Ben Herrmann Forum Pro • Posts: 21,002
Speaking of the EF-S 10-18...

Your question has already been answered in that any EF-S or EF lens will work superbly with the Canon adapter on "any" EOS M body (and without loss of any functions or speed).

But with regards to the EF-S 10-18, short of its all plastic construction, its optical performance will take a back seat to no optic - it's that good.

In fact, I purchased two of them - and one (now get this) I use via the Fringer EF-FX adapter on my Fuji cameras.  It's currently permanently attached to my X-E2s via the Fringer and it's optical performance is superb (full AF, metering, and all electronic functions being passed on to the Fuji).

Ben Herrmann's gear list:Ben Herrmann's gear list
Fujifilm X30 Panasonic FZ1000 Canon EOS M Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-PL7 +18 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads