** Weekly X Series Photo Thread 17 NOV - 23 NOV**

Started 2 months ago | Discussions
MOD BobsYourUncle Veteran Member • Posts: 6,790
** Weekly X Series Photo Thread 17 NOV - 23 NOV**

*Please reply to the original post but change the title to reflect the subject of your image(s) so that your post starts a new section. Also helpful to some of us who are less traveled to talk about the location of your photo if possible

*If you can provide details on the subject, camera, settings and processing, that would be great for people reviewing the images. *If you have more than 10+ images to share, please break them up into more than 1 posting.

Thanks for all participation whether seasoned pro or beginner… Don’t be reluctant even if you are new to Fuji.

Bob

BobsYourUncle's gear list:BobsYourUncle's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Fujifilm X-E2 Nikon D5 Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm FinePix X100 +8 more
OP MOD BobsYourUncle Veteran Member • Posts: 6,790
Lake Image and Monochrome Painterly Interpretation

Hello Everyone,

When I have a little time on my hands I delve into uncharted territory. Most times I get lost and sometimes I get to something not exactly where I want to be but the right direction. Haven’t wandered into infrared territory yet but that’s probably not too long in the future. Below is an afternoon photo looking back at the Chateau from a far point just before the ascent to the Plain of Six Glaciers trail. At this time of year I am also trying to create a holiday card for friends so I thought a monochrome painterly effect would be a direction I wanted to go. Below the actual photo is an idea for a post card-like image. Like last week’s image this may not be for everyone but an attempt I may just use.

Keep posting those images.

Bob

Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Fujifilm X-E2 Nikon D5 Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm FinePix X100 +8 more
lewiedude2
lewiedude2 Senior Member • Posts: 1,628
Sunrise and Lonely Cloud

lewiedude2's gear list:lewiedude2's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR
Morris0
Morris0 Forum Pro • Posts: 11,158
Re: Lake Image and Monochrome Painterly Interpretation

BobsYourUncle wrote:

Hello Everyone,

When I have a little time on my hands I delve into uncharted territory. Most times I get lost and sometimes I get to something not exactly where I want to be but the right direction. Haven’t wandered into infrared territory yet but that’s probably not too long in the future. Below is an afternoon photo looking back at the Chateau from a far point just before the ascent to the Plain of Six Glaciers trail. At this time of year I am also trying to create a holiday card for friends so I thought a monochrome painterly effect would be a direction I wanted to go. Below the actual photo is an idea for a post card-like image. Like last week’s image this may not be for everyone but an attempt I may just use.

Bob

That sketch effect is quite nice Bob.

Morris

Morris0's gear list:Morris0's gear list
Fujifilm X-T3 Samyang 10mm F2.8 Fujifilm XF 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR XF 90mm Fujifilm XF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 OIS WR +14 more

Morris0 wrote:

BobsYourUncle wrote:

Hello Everyone,

Bob

That sketch effect is quite nice Bob.

Morris

Thank you Morris.

Bob

MozoAndres Junior Member • Posts: 31

MozoAndres's gear list:MozoAndres's gear list
Fujifilm X-T10 Samyang 12mm F2.0 NCS CS Fujifilm XF 35mm F2 R WR Fujifilm XF 23mm F2 R WR
Deepak Kaw
Deepak Kaw Senior Member • Posts: 2,182
From over the Himalayas
 Deepak Kaw's gear list:Deepak Kaw's gear list
Nikon D610 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Fujifilm X-E3 Fujifilm X-H1 Tamron SP AF 70-200mm F/2.8 Di LD (IF) MACRO +28 more
Jerry-astro
MOD Jerry-astro Forum Pro • Posts: 14,789

Superb, Bob.  Very cool.

-- hide signature --

Jerry-Astro
Fujifilm X Forum Co-Mod

Jerry-astro's gear list:Jerry-astro's gear list
Fujifilm X-H1 Carl Zeiss Touit 2.8/12 Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR Fujifilm XF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 OIS WR +1 more
tribpc
tribpc Regular Member • Posts: 111
MF 50mm lens

tribpc's gear list:tribpc's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Nikon AF Nikkor 18-35mm f/3.5-4.5D IF ED Tokina AT-X Pro 100mm f/2.8 Macro Voigtlander 58mm F1.4 Nokton SL II +1 more
Bob Tullis
Bob Tullis Forum Pro • Posts: 38,089
One Homestead On Betty Brook Road

-- hide signature --

...Bob, Bovina NY
"Well, sometimes the magic works. . . Sometimes, it doesn't." - Chief Dan George, Little Big Man
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bobtullis/
http://www.bobtullis.com

Bob Tullis's gear list:Bob Tullis's gear list
Sony a7R II Fujifilm X-H1 Sony RX1R II Fujifilm X100F Fujifilm X-Pro2 +1 more
Bob Tullis
Bob Tullis Forum Pro • Posts: 38,089

Nice, Bob.

I've always suspected that if I could draw like that, I wouldn't need camera gear.

-- hide signature --

...Bob, Bovina NY
"Well, sometimes the magic works. . . Sometimes, it doesn't." - Chief Dan George, Little Big Man
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bobtullis/
http://www.bobtullis.com

Bob Tullis's gear list:Bob Tullis's gear list
Sony a7R II Fujifilm X-H1 Sony RX1R II Fujifilm X100F Fujifilm X-Pro2 +1 more
casey1823 Contributing Member • Posts: 666
Re: Bald Eagle Surprise

I was sitting at the table working on a new website when all of a sudden my dog Kaycie jumped up, looking out the window she started barking loudly. What the heck is she barking at up in the tree? I walked over to the window only to discover two mature Bald Eagles in the tree next door.

I ran to get my camera, switched to my 100-400 lens, and put on a few warm clothes. I headed out the side door away from the eagles.

It was snowing and the wind was blowing hard. As I peeked around the corner and raised my camera, I noticed something in the Eagles claws. It was a big pike. I really didn't get any great pictures but it was fun watching it feed. The second Eagle tried to eat some of the fish but the one that caught it didn't want to share, it finally flew off.

Comment welcomed

Casey

https://itsmytimephotography.com/11-15-19.html

casey1823's gear list:casey1823's gear list
Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 50-140mm F2.8 Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR XF 90mm Fujifilm XF 35mm F2 R WR +3 more
jtr27 Senior Member • Posts: 2,429
Patina

A couple of older shots for this week, and one brand new one. All were edited and posted recently.

Last Stop - 35mm F2

Mixed Media Barn - 50-230mm

Motor Court - 35mm F2

-- hide signature --
katy C. Senior Member • Posts: 1,335
Blue Tits

Not as striking as the eagle pics but the tits are pretty little things!

katy

katy C.'s gear list:katy C.'s gear list
Canon EOS M50 Fujifilm X-T3 Canon EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro USM Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Canon EF 35mm F2 IS USM +6 more
JS Burnie
JS Burnie Veteran Member • Posts: 4,052

Amazing job with the painterly version.

JS Burnie's gear list:JS Burnie's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm X-E3 Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 +5 more
JS Burnie
JS Burnie Veteran Member • Posts: 4,052
Re: Patina

Great selection of colour and texture.

JS Burnie's gear list:JS Burnie's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm X-E3 Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 +5 more
Morris0
Morris0 Forum Pro • Posts: 11,158
Re: Blue Tits

The third is lovely

Morris

Morris0's gear list:Morris0's gear list
Fujifilm X-T3 Samyang 10mm F2.8 Fujifilm XF 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR XF 90mm Fujifilm XF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 OIS WR +14 more
katy C. Senior Member • Posts: 1,335
Re: Blue Tits

Thank you Morris, pleased you like it,

katy

katy C.'s gear list:katy C.'s gear list
Canon EOS M50 Fujifilm X-T3 Canon EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro USM Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Canon EF 35mm F2 IS USM +6 more

Jerry-astro wrote:

Superb, Bob. Very cool.

Thank you Mr. Astro!

Bob Tullis wrote:

Nice, Bob.

I've always suspected that if I could draw like that, I wouldn't need camera gear.

Thank  you Robert.  I am the same way.  I cannot draw worth 💩.  Ooh, if Jerry sees this he may delete the post! 😄

Bob

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads