ICELAND: A recent journey...

Started 2 months ago | Photos
TRP Senior Member • Posts: 1,023
ICELAND: A recent journey...

During a family trip to Iceland, I broke away now and again to capture a few special places and moments.  I battled with a defective 100mm square filter holder, rain, wind, and getting that "empty" scene but loved every minute of it. A truly beautiful country and experience.

C&C welcome.

-- hide signature --

http://www.Greinerstudio.com
---
Olympus O-MD E-M1 ii
Panasonic Leica 12-60 f/2.8-4
Olympus 60 f/2.8 macro
Olympus Pro 40-150 f/2.8
Pansonic Leica 100-400 f/4-6.3
Olympus 300mm f/4
Laowa 7.5mm f/2
Sigma 30mm f/1.4

Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
photophilchamp New Member • Posts: 23
Re: ICELAND: A recent journey...

Lovely shots! I like especially the second and last ones... A great place to enjoy photography. I too enjoyed my 10 stop ND filter when I went last winter...

larsbc Forum Pro • Posts: 16,199

Some well done photos that showed Iceland scenes that I hadn't seen before.  Nice work.

OP TRP Senior Member • Posts: 1,023

photophilchamp wrote:

Lovely shots! I like especially the second and last ones... A great place to enjoy photography. I too enjoyed my 10 stop ND filter when I went last winter...

Thank you. My 10 stop and holder was actually giving me issues so I had to be more creative with my other filters and settings. Fun though and happy to see they came out.

-- hide signature --

---
Olympus O-MD E-M1 ii
Olympus 60 f/2.8 macro
Olympus Pro 40-150 f/2.8
Olympus 300mm f/4
Laowa 7.5mm f/2
Sigma 30mm f/1.4

OP TRP Senior Member • Posts: 1,023

larsbc wrote:

Some well done photos that showed Iceland scenes that I hadn't seen before. Nice work.

Thank you. I love to journey a bit off the beaten path and capture what others may overlook. The third one looks incredible printed on Epson Cold Press natural. The rough paper texture really compliments the scene.

-- hide signature --

---
Olympus O-MD E-M1 ii
Olympus 60 f/2.8 macro
Olympus Pro 40-150 f/2.8
Olympus 300mm f/4
Laowa 7.5mm f/2
Sigma 30mm f/1.4

MGinitials
MGinitials New Member • Posts: 23

TRP wrote:

I am usually not a huge fan of long exposures as they tend to create a too-surrealistic atmosphere to my taste. But I like the light and colors on that one.

I was there myself a few weeks ago. A very enjoyable trip.

MG

MGinitials's gear list:MGinitials's gear list
Ricoh GR Olympus E-M5 II Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Pro Olympus TG-5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm F1.8
vallecano Contributing Member • Posts: 715

Very good and brings back fond memories. Worked there for a year in 1959 in the beautiful Southeast and Northwest corners. Had a Voigtlander Prominent  (my first camera) and took hundreds of shots which were lost in a flood years later.

Earl

Madrid

vallecano's gear list:vallecano's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Pro +1 more
Bassaidai Regular Member • Posts: 193

Some very beautiful photos there - great use of long exposures and composition.

What I rather don't ilke about the above photo is the visible halo around the house.  I'd also give the (almost) visible sun to the left a little more punch towards white. It seems rather greyed out, and I guess you did that for print purposes (not the leave the canvas blank there). Still I have the impression more white will give that photo the impact you probably intended by almost directly pointing to the sun.

As always: very personal preference of course

-- hide signature --

Bass
If things appear to good to be true - they're usually neither of both.

Bassaidai's gear list:Bassaidai's gear list
Panasonic GH5 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm F2.8 Macro Olympus 40-150mm F2.8 Pro Olympus 8mm F1.8 Fisheye Pro +6 more
cangopluto Senior Member • Posts: 1,355

stunning pics!

cangopluto's gear list:cangopluto's gear list
Olympus E-3 Olympus E-500 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm 1:2.8-4.0 SWD +6 more
Joe789
Joe789 Regular Member • Posts: 100

Your pics are really Super! ... and obviously required a lot of skill.

I am interested in your settings and technique regarding the Northern Lights one. I got a few in Alaska in Aug from a moving ship at 2 am-- and ,needless to say, they were not anywhere near your. Can you enlighten us a little ?

Joe789's gear list:Joe789's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Olympus PEN-F Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-140mm F3.5-5.6 O.I.S Panasonic Lumix G Vario HD 12-32mm F3.5-5.6 Mega OIS +2 more
FMohsin
FMohsin Senior Member • Posts: 1,467

Lovely compositions and pictures.

How are you liking the Laowa 7.5? any negatives ? I am interested in getting this lens. The Olympus and Panasonic ultra wides are too expensive for me.

Thanks.

FMohsin's gear list:FMohsin's gear list
Ricoh GR Digital II Canon PowerShot G12 Canon PowerShot G15 Canon EOS 20D Olympus E-1 +22 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads