Selling my Pen f

Started 2 months ago | Discussions
WhiteRock Regular Member • Posts: 142
Selling my Pen f

I love this camera and have done lots of travel. There is no camera like this. Often people came to me and asked about it. They held it and just did not want to put it down. I will miss this rare little camera that has captured my story over the past few years. I will be selling it with the 28mm f1.4 KamLan lense, battery and battery charger. It will also include the external hand grip. (which made it better for walking for miles on my trips without hand strain. Included will the small extrenal flash.

Why am i selling this camera is to  buy the new omd e-m5 iii. I love small cameras. i moved from nickon to the pen f.

I struggle some with the cost of the new camera, but it improves for me the size and it is water proof. (Vancouver BC can get rain at times)

I am 66 but in very good health when i take photos i am often on the ground or up a tree...i like to play with points of view and a small camera allows that. There are other features on the new model i like as well. I have lots of great OLy glass and so looking at at Sony or Fuji is not an option.

I would like to get some feed back from this forum as to what i should list as the price for the Pen F. It would be nice to see a Black Friday discount on the E-M5 III but that will not happen.

One final comment i had no issues with the 12-100 mm, or the 40-150 mm glass, hand held sharp photos all the time. Do not have the larger 300...not sure.

Olympus PEN-F
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
larsbc Forum Pro • Posts: 16,166
Re: Selling my Pen f
1

WhiteRock wrote:

I love this camera and have done lots of travel. There is no camera like this. Often people came to me and asked about it. They held it and just did not want to put it down. I will miss this rare little camera that has captured my story over the past few years. I will be selling it with the 28mm f1.4 KamLan lense, battery and battery charger. It will also include the external hand grip. (which made it better for walking for miles on my trips without hand strain. Included will the small extrenal flash.

Why am i selling this camera is to buy the new omd e-m5 iii. I love small cameras. i moved from nickon to the pen f.

I struggle some with the cost of the new camera, but it improves for me the size and it is water proof. (Vancouver BC can get rain at times)

I am 66 but in very good health when i take photos i am often on the ground or up a tree...i like to play with points of view and a small camera allows that. There are other features on the new model i like as well. I have lots of great OLy glass and so looking at at Sony or Fuji is not an option.

I would like to get some feed back from this forum as to what i should list as the price for the Pen F. It would be nice to see a Black Friday discount on the E-M5 III but that will not happen.

One final comment i had no issues with the 12-100 mm, or the 40-150 mm glass, hand held sharp photos all the time. Do not have the larger 300...not sure.

Do you live in White Rock?? I do. Unfortunately I'm not in the market for a PEN-F, especially since I bought a GX9 earlier this year. Considering that the PEN-F supposedly holds its value, you might consider using it for another 6 mos. or so and wait for the EM5.3 price to drop a bit?

Looking at Craigslist, I see EM10.2s and EM5.2s for around CAD$500-600ish. There are no PEN-Fs at the moment. So perhaps start at CAD$750 or 800? Depends on how fast you want to sell it of course.

BTW, considering how bad our CAD to USD exchange rate is right now, you might consider advertising on the Bellingham Craiglist?

Dunsun Contributing Member • Posts: 562
Re: Selling my Pen f

Do you live in White Rock?? I do. Unfortunately I'm not in the market for a PEN-F, especially since I bought a GX9 earlier this year. Considering that the PEN-F supposedly holds its value, you might consider using it for another 6 mos. or so and wait for the EM5.3 price to drop a bit?

Looking at Craigslist, I see EM10.2s and EM5.2s for around CAD$500-600ish. There are no PEN-Fs at the moment. So perhaps start at CAD$750 or 800? Depends on how fast you want to sell it of course.

BTW, considering how bad our CAD to USD exchange rate is right now, you might consider advertising on the Bellingham Craiglist?

Oh well I would not bet on high prices living forever.

My guess (hope) is that Olympus will come up either with a Pen F II or more likely they will give us a revised E-P5 PEN camera.

peppermonkey Veteran Member • Posts: 5,023
$750CDN seems too cheap.

larsbc wrote:

WhiteRock wrote:

I love this camera and have done lots of travel. There is no camera like this. Often people came to me and asked about it. They held it and just did not want to put it down. I will miss this rare little camera that has captured my story over the past few years. I will be selling it with the 28mm f1.4 KamLan lense, battery and battery charger. It will also include the external hand grip. (which made it better for walking for miles on my trips without hand strain. Included will the small extrenal flash.

Why am i selling this camera is to buy the new omd e-m5 iii. I love small cameras. i moved from nickon to the pen f.

I struggle some with the cost of the new camera, but it improves for me the size and it is water proof. (Vancouver BC can get rain at times)

I am 66 but in very good health when i take photos i am often on the ground or up a tree...i like to play with points of view and a small camera allows that. There are other features on the new model i like as well. I have lots of great OLy glass and so looking at at Sony or Fuji is not an option.

I would like to get some feed back from this forum as to what i should list as the price for the Pen F. It would be nice to see a Black Friday discount on the E-M5 III but that will not happen.

One final comment i had no issues with the 12-100 mm, or the 40-150 mm glass, hand held sharp photos all the time. Do not have the larger 300...not sure.

Do you live in White Rock?? I do. Unfortunately I'm not in the market for a PEN-F, especially since I bought a GX9 earlier this year. Considering that the PEN-F supposedly holds its value, you might consider using it for another 6 mos. or so and wait for the EM5.3 price to drop a bit?

Looking at Craigslist, I see EM10.2s and EM5.2s for around CAD$500-600ish. There are no PEN-Fs at the moment. So perhaps start at CAD$750 or 800? Depends on how fast you want to sell it of course.

BTW, considering how bad our CAD to USD exchange rate is right now, you might consider advertising on the Bellingham Craiglist?

At least on eBay, the average price for the pen-f seems to be around $850-$1100CDN. I find that items on Craiglist to be a little more expensive than eBay on average, albeit you can find ridiculous bargains at times. So price accordingly.

Though I do agree, keep using the pen and update to the new e-m5 after the prices are slashed in about half a year. If time is too important then of course, go right ahead and upgrade.

-- hide signature --

Hubert
My non-digital gear: Agfa Isolette, Ricohflex VII, Bessa R, Bessa L, Zorky 4, Fed 2, Konica Big Mini, Konica Auto S2, K1000, Yashica Electro 35 GX, Recesky
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2034/2457111090_00eafbf8a4_m.jpg
http://www.flickr.com/photos/peppermonkey/

 peppermonkey's gear list:peppermonkey's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ3 Sigma DP2 Sony RX100 II Pentax K110D Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 +11 more
Kszchopstix Contributing Member • Posts: 502
Re: Selling my Pen f

kerrisdale cameras usually lists the second hand pen F for about $900 before tax and that comes with its original battery and flash module. You can start there.
I sold my black one to them a few months ago for about $600 for instore credit to purchase an LX100mkii.
I sometimes romanticise picking up a used silver pen F as I have spare batteries for it still.

 Kszchopstix's gear list:Kszchopstix's gear list
Panasonic LX100 II Olympus E-M1 II Pentax KP Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited Olympus Zuiko Digital 14-54mm 1:2.8-3.5 II +12 more
peppermonkey Veteran Member • Posts: 5,023
I really doubt that...

Dunsun wrote:

Do you live in White Rock?? I do. Unfortunately I'm not in the market for a PEN-F, especially since I bought a GX9 earlier this year. Considering that the PEN-F supposedly holds its value, you might consider using it for another 6 mos. or so and wait for the EM5.3 price to drop a bit?

Looking at Craigslist, I see EM10.2s and EM5.2s for around CAD$500-600ish. There are no PEN-Fs at the moment. So perhaps start at CAD$750 or 800? Depends on how fast you want to sell it of course.

BTW, considering how bad our CAD to USD exchange rate is right now, you might consider advertising on the Bellingham Craiglist?

Oh well I would not bet on high prices living forever.

My guess (hope) is that Olympus will come up either with a Pen F II or more likely they will give us a revised E-P5 PEN camera.

I honestly don't see an update to the pen f or the e-p5 any time soon. Actually, I think the e-p5 line is dead. Last one came out in 2013. I suppose the Pen-F could get an update as the last one came out in 2016... But I would have thought we would have heard some hints about it by now. Course I could, and hope, that I'm wrong.

-- hide signature --

Hubert
My non-digital gear: Agfa Isolette, Ricohflex VII, Bessa R, Bessa L, Zorky 4, Fed 2, Konica Big Mini, Konica Auto S2, K1000, Yashica Electro 35 GX, Recesky
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2034/2457111090_00eafbf8a4_m.jpg
http://www.flickr.com/photos/peppermonkey/

 peppermonkey's gear list:peppermonkey's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ3 Sigma DP2 Sony RX100 II Pentax K110D Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 +11 more
OP WhiteRock Regular Member • Posts: 142
Re: Selling my Pen f

wow thank you for your research. Yes i am in White Rock. I have an old oly ep5 that i could use after selling my Pen F. I have not posted yet want get some feed back from this post first

Steven Wandy Veteran Member • Posts: 5,434
I just did the same thing!

I just did the same thing after having my Pen-F since release date. Just wanted something newer and to go back to the DSLR style and the EM5-III ticked all the buttons for me (I hope). I had the original EM5 (then the EM10 and then the Pen-F.)

 Steven Wandy's gear list:Steven Wandy's gear list
Canon PowerShot G7 X Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus PEN-F Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus Body Cap Lens 15mm F8.0 +6 more
OP WhiteRock Regular Member • Posts: 142
Re: $750CDN seems too cheap.

thanks for all the advice, was thinking about $800, but it does include the hand grip the the lens. The Lens cost about $150. Maybe 950?

Kszchopstix Contributing Member • Posts: 502
Re: $750CDN seems too cheap.

WhiteRock wrote:

thanks for all the advice, was thinking about $800, but it does include the hand grip the the lens. The Lens cost about $150. Maybe 950?

black or silver?

 Kszchopstix's gear list:Kszchopstix's gear list
Panasonic LX100 II Olympus E-M1 II Pentax KP Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited Olympus Zuiko Digital 14-54mm 1:2.8-3.5 II +12 more
greyghost59 Contributing Member • Posts: 570
Re: I just did the same thing!

i was wondering about the pen F prices, i have been tracking a used silver pen F on a second hand site here in OZ and they want 800 for it body only with 695 shutter count and the chargers battery strap etc still in the box...so was wondering wether it was worth it.

Albert Valentino Veteran Member • Posts: 8,132
Re: Selling my Pen f
2

The way I price things on ebay is to do a search of the item and see what price it is fetching' especially auction prices. Unless the item is a big seller, I generally use the Buy It Now, instead of auction, with the option to make an offer, i generally list at or slightly below the average selling price.

Remember, fees tend to eat up what you get. Shipping plus about 13% in ebay/paypal fees,  and now you might have to also collect sales tax as well.

-- hide signature --

If you don't get older and wiser, than you just get older.

 Albert Valentino's gear list:Albert Valentino's gear list
Olympus E-M1 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm F2.8 Macro Olympus 40-150mm F2.8 Pro Olympus 12-100mm F4.0 Panasonic 8-18mm F2.8-4 +7 more
Skeeterbytes Forum Pro • Posts: 16,842
Re: Selling my Pen f
2

I'm a sucker for a pretty face and think the Pen F might become "collectable" in the fashion of the GM series, which could keep used prices at, say, 50% of MSRP versus the typical dismal resale prices of consumer electronics. We perhaps won't know until Oly either discontinues or replaces it.

Sooner is better than later, probably. Somebody shopping for a new one would welcome a clean, low shutter count used one at half retail.

Good luck!

Rick

-- hide signature --

Equivalence and diffraction-free since 2009.
You can be too; ask about our 12-step program.

JDLaing50 Senior Member • Posts: 1,709
Re: Selling my Pen f
5

WhiteRock wrote:

I love this camera and have done lots of travel. There is no camera like this. Often people came to me and asked about it. They held it and just did not want to put it down. I will miss this rare little camera that has captured my story over the past few years. I will be selling it with the 28mm f1.4 KamLan lense, battery and battery charger. It will also include the external hand grip. (which made it better for walking for miles on my trips without hand strain. Included will the small extrenal flash.

Why am i selling this camera is to buy the new omd e-m5 iii. I love small cameras. i moved from nickon to the pen f.

I struggle some with the cost of the new camera, but it improves for me the size and it is water proof. (Vancouver BC can get rain at times)

I am 66 but in very good health when i take photos i am often on the ground or up a tree...i like to play with points of view and a small camera allows that. There are other features on the new model i like as well. I have lots of great OLy glass and so looking at at Sony or Fuji is not an option.

I would like to get some feed back from this forum as to what i should list as the price for the Pen F. It would be nice to see a Black Friday discount on the E-M5 III but that will not happen.

One final comment i had no issues with the 12-100 mm, or the 40-150 mm glass, hand held sharp photos all the time. Do not have the larger 300...not sure.

Don’t sell it. Keep it. You’ll regret it if you let it go.

 JDLaing50's gear list:JDLaing50's gear list
Sony RX1R II Leica M-P (Typ 240) Voigtlander 50mm F1.5 Nokton +2 more
UppercanadianAcadian Regular Member • Posts: 467
$900

hi I keep track of Canadian prices, and you can sell it for $900

I would not settle for any less

kijiji.ca

Meet them in person at the timmies. Save money from ridiculous eBay.ca

 UppercanadianAcadian's gear list:UppercanadianAcadian's gear list
Olympus PEN E-P5
Guy Parsons
Guy Parsons Forum Pro • Posts: 33,274
Re: I really doubt that...
1

peppermonkey wrote:

I honestly don't see an update to the pen f or the e-p5 any time soon. Actually, I think the e-p5 line is dead. Last one came out in 2013. I suppose the Pen-F could get an update as the last one came out in 2016... But I would have thought we would have heard some hints about it by now. Course I could, and hope, that I'm wrong.

My uneducated and observational only opinion is that the Pen line is dead except for a possible Pen Lite staggering on for a little bit, mainly for traditional sales purposes in Japan and possibly in other Asian areas.

It's all about making less units and making them much more expensive in order to attempt to make some profit, so the mock SLR shape is what looks like a "real camera" and that is where it is staying now.

So any hope for an E-P6 or for a Pen-F Mk2 is purely wishful thinking. The Pen-F was a gamble that didn't quite work out and the market for that sort of camera is even less now than it was then.

The result being that I need to keep my E-P5 pair going forever.

Regards..... Guy

 Guy Parsons's gear list:Guy Parsons's gear list
Sony RX100 VI Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Olympus PEN E-P5 Olympus OM-D E-M10 II +5 more
Asla Regular Member • Posts: 365
Re: Selling my Pen f

Hi!

Feedback, concerning reasonable price? I'm at soo wrong place to give hints about that. I'm in Finland, and used are something like 700 to 800 euros. Otoh, I bought my second F used, very good condition, boxed, with accessories, just 650 euros...

I hope you find m5III more suitable for you!

A s l a

gary0319
gary0319 Veteran Member • Posts: 6,936
Re: I really doubt that...
2

Guy Parsons wrote:

peppermonkey wrote:

I honestly don't see an update to the pen f or the e-p5 any time soon. Actually, I think the e-p5 line is dead. Last one came out in 2013. I suppose the Pen-F could get an update as the last one came out in 2016... But I would have thought we would have heard some hints about it by now. Course I could, and hope, that I'm wrong.

My uneducated and observational only opinion is that the Pen line is dead except for a possible Pen Lite staggering on for a little bit, mainly for traditional sales purposes in Japan and possibly in other Asian areas.

It's all about making less units and making them much more expensive in order to attempt to make some profit, so the mock SLR shape is what looks like a "real camera" and that is where it is staying now.

So any hope for an E-P6 or for a Pen-F Mk2 is purely wishful thinking. The Pen-F was a gamble that didn't quite work out and the market for that sort of camera is even less now than it was then.

The result being that I need to keep my E-P5 pair going forever.

Regards..... Guy

I suspect you are right about the Pen F, a series of one. I love mine, but it really is a kind of specialty camera for me that only goes out to street festivals and swishy garden parties, or when I’m on a JPEG kick. I have often wished it had the PDAF focusing of my E-M1 II, and now the E-M5 III will fill that small size, C-AF capable, slot.

 gary0319's gear list:gary0319's gear list
Panasonic LX100 Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Olympus PEN-F Olympus E-M1 II Olympus E-M5 III +9 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads