Open-Box/New Nikon Z 85mm F1.8 S (adorama)

Started 2 months ago | Discussions
shadowlands
shadowlands Contributing Member • Posts: 867
Open-Box/New Nikon Z 85mm F1.8 S (adorama)

Finally got one!!! I waited for an open-box or demo model and they finally had a few.

Been checking with B&H and Adorama for weeks. Adorama's open-box sale at a discount and still come "new" with 5 year warranty. I've got some shooting to do!

So far, I'm very happy with it.

-- hide signature --

Nikon Z6
Nikon Z 24-70mm F4 S
Nikon Z 85mm F1.8 S
Nikon SB-500

just someone
just someone Forum Member • Posts: 74
Re: Open-Box/New Nikon Z 85mm F1.8 S (adorama)

Awesome!!

shadowlands
OP shadowlands Contributing Member • Posts: 867

just someone wrote:

Awesome!!

Thanks! I'm happy to have it. Can't wait to do more shooting soon.

-- hide signature --

Nikon Z6
Nikon Z 24-70mm F4 S
Nikon Z 85mm F1.8 S
Nikon SB-500

j_photo Veteran Member • Posts: 4,238

You deserve some sort of perpetual enthusiasm award (meant in a friendly way, no cynicism).

j_photo's gear list:j_photo's gear list
Nikon Df Nikon Z6 Nikon Z7
NexLupus Contributing Member • Posts: 634

shadowlands wrote:

Finally got one!!! I waited for an open-box or demo model and they finally had a few.

Been checking with B&H and Adorama for weeks. Adorama's open-box sale at a discount and still come "new" with 5 year warranty. I've got some shooting to do!

Congratulations!!!

You are going to absolutely love it...I love mine!

NexLupus's gear list:NexLupus's gear list
Nikon Z7 Nikon Z6 Nikon Z 24-70mm F4 Nikon Z 50mm F1.8 Nikon Z 35mm F1.8 +2 more
shadowlands

j_photo wrote:

You deserve some sort of perpetual enthusiasm award (meant in a friendly way, no cynicism).

Thanks, I guess.

-- hide signature --

Nikon Z6
Nikon Z 24-70mm F4 S
Nikon Z 85mm F1.8 S
Nikon SB-500

KR Photo Contributing Member • Posts: 768

Can we see a pic of the lens on the camera but without the hood?

This lens is definitely on my list. Will probably look for a similar open box deal.

KR Photo's gear list:KR Photo's gear list
Nikon Z6 Nikon 35mm F1.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Nikon Z 24-70mm F4
shadowlands

NexLupus wrote:

shadowlands wrote:

Congratulations!!!

You are going to absolutely love it...I love mine!

I appreciate it. I sold some old stuff to pay for this bad boy. I better love it. Ha!

-- hide signature --

Nikon Z6
Nikon Z 24-70mm F4 S
Nikon Z 85mm F1.8 S
Nikon SB-500

shadowlands

KR Photo wrote:

Can we see a pic of the lens on the camera but without the hood?

This lens is definitely on my list. Will probably look for a similar open box deal.

-- hide signature --

Nikon Z6
Nikon Z 24-70mm F4 S
Nikon Z 85mm F1.8 S
Nikon SB-500

whoosh1 Senior Member • Posts: 1,874

How much discount was there when you got it? Now I see the discount to be less than $40 ($757 instead of $797).

whoosh1's gear list:whoosh1's gear list
Nikon D850 Nikon Z7 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24mm f/1.4G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 35mm f/1.4G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.4G +10 more
shadowlands

whoosh1 wrote:

How much discount was there when you got it? Now I see the discount to be less than $40 ($757 instead of $797).

That's it. But I emailed Adorama and got 2nd day shipping for peanuts. No sales tax, also helps. And it's brand new. Just open-box. Completely mint with unregistered warranty card, etc... It's not a huge discount, but it helped pull me in for sure.

-- hide signature --

Nikon Z6
Nikon Z 24-70mm F4 S
Nikon Z 85mm F1.8 S
Nikon SB-500

whoosh1 Senior Member • Posts: 1,874

shadowlands wrote:

whoosh1 wrote:

That's it. But I emailed Adorama and got 2nd day shipping for peanuts. No sales tax, also helps. And it's brand new. Just open-box. Completely mint with unregistered warranty card, etc... It's not a huge discount, but it helped pull me in for sure.

Sounds good.

whoosh1's gear list:whoosh1's gear list
Nikon D850 Nikon Z7 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24mm f/1.4G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 35mm f/1.4G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.4G +10 more

shadowlands wrote:

whoosh1 wrote:

Why no sales tax? I thought online retailers had to collect tax these days, even for out of state purchases.

Digital Shutterbug Veteran Member • Posts: 4,265

KR Photo wrote:

Why no sales tax? I thought online retailers had to collect tax these days, even for out of state purchases.

I don't know how they're beating the system. I've bought a couple of FTZ's from them recently and was surprised at no tax.

-- hide signature --

Steve

Congratulations. I haven't been able to use mine as much as I would like, but it's a really nice lens. I think you'll love it.

-- hide signature --

Steve

Digital Shutterbug wrote:

KR Photo wrote:

I don't know how they're beating the system. I've bought a couple of FTZ's from them recently and was surprised at no tax.

Pulling the trigger on a Z6 with the 24-70 and FTZ this weekend, and was just assuming I'd buy it locally -- would like to. But if I can save the tax and get a free XQD card (Adorama gives you a free 32GB card), that'd be hard to pass up.

KR Photo wrote:

Digital Shutterbug wrote:

KR Photo wrote:

Pulling the trigger on a Z6 with the 24-70 and FTZ this weekend, and was just assuming I'd buy it locally -- would like to. But if I can save the tax and get a free XQD card (Adorama gives you a free 32GB card), that'd be hard to pass up.

It’s certainly worth a look.

-- hide signature --

Steve

paulski66
paulski66 Veteran Member • Posts: 3,506

shadowlands wrote:

You now you're supposed to judge the new lens' performance by taking pictures with the lens, not of the lens, yah?

paulski66's gear list:paulski66's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Nikon D750 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Nikon 85mm F1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +2 more
GMACNEIL Regular Member • Posts: 471

I had been waiting while this lens was a no-show at the big New York stores (and even Amazon), but finally pushed the "buy now" button today.  (I don't think the Black Friday sales will apply to this lens much.). The prospect of a discount for open box was enticing, but my wife talked me into spending the extra $40 to avoid possible second-guessing if the discounted model wasn't great.  And really, for $800 it better be great, right?

Hurry Tuesday!

Glad to see that there are still a few open box copies available at Adorama for those "on the bubble".

-- hide signature --

The older I get, the better I was....

GMACNEIL's gear list:GMACNEIL's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Casio Exilim EX-Z40 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS50 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH1 +2 more
BurnImage
BurnImage Regular Member • Posts: 480

Congratulations, I’ll add that lens to my new kit hopefully next year, as I’ve just spent a fortune moving to the Z6.

BurnImage's gear list:BurnImage's gear list
Nikon Z6 Nikon Z 50mm F1.8 Nikon Z 24-70mm F4 Nikon Z 14-30mm F4
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads