At Monastery

Started 2 months ago | Discussions
DeathArrow Senior Member • Posts: 2,313
At Monastery

Old monastery in City Center, Bucharest

DeathArrow's gear list:DeathArrow's gear list
Nikon D750 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Sigma 85mm F1.4 EX DG HSM Tamron SP 24-70mm F2.8 Di VC USD +3 more
1Dx4me Senior Member • Posts: 7,724
Re: At Monastery

sorry to say but i find those chairs in the foreground quite distracting!

-- hide signature --

You miss 100 percent of the shots you didn't take!!! "Wayne Gretzky"

lewiedude2
lewiedude2 Senior Member • Posts: 1,623

1Dx4me wrote:

I am in agreement...the chairs seem to change the quality of the image...more like a snap-shot than a true capture. Why is there so much distortion with perspective in the image? 15MM at FF doesn't really do this, does it? Must be the other letters in the Lens type that I am reading form the EXIF.

lewiedude2's gear list:lewiedude2's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR
1Dx4me Senior Member • Posts: 7,724

lewiedude2 wrote:

1Dx4me wrote:

I am in agreement...the chairs seem to change the quality of the image...more like a snap-shot than a true capture. Why is there so much distortion with perspective in the image? 15MM at FF doesn't really do this, does it? Must be the other letters in the Lens type that I am reading form the EXIF.

that kind of extreme perspective distortion is expected from such UW lens, i have tried it myself and don't care for it 24mm is wide enough for me!

-- hide signature --

You miss 100 percent of the shots you didn't take!!! "Wayne Gretzky"

David1961
David1961 Contributing Member • Posts: 878

Potentially a really nice scene but I too find the two chairs in the foreground distracting and an unfortunate eye magnet.

I am interested in what you intended the subject of the image to be. I can't tell by looking at it. The image, as is, is coming across as a snapshot to me.

For me, just the table and its 4 chairs in the foreground would have created a more interesting image.

Also, just a personal pet hate.......lines that are vertical in real life should be vertical in an image. But that is just me.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads