Gimbal compatibility for X-T3

Started 3 months ago | Discussions
Bionic963 Contributing Member • Posts: 557
Re: Gimbal compatibility for X-T3

Nikonmaniac0620 wrote:

Bionic963 wrote:

I just purchased the VG-XT3 Vertical Battery Grip, 2 Extra Batteries, and the XF 50-140mm F2.8 R LM OIS WR Lens from Amazon. Should be delivered tomorrow. I will be able to let you know 1st hand how this all works with the Aircross 2 Gimble.

Usually with a gimble you want your payload as light as possible. So I would think you would not want to run the X-T3 with the battery grip while on the gimble.. But at least we will know if the Aircross 2 can support all the weight if you wanted to run it like.

That's awesome. It would be great if you can follow up on your finding as soon as you have something.

Here is the weight of the individual items

995g = XF50-140mmF2.8 R LM OIS WR (with no hood or caps).

310g = XF18-55mmF2.8-4 R LM OIS (with no hood or caps).

539g = FUJIFILM X-T3 (with no battery, lens, or memory card).

282g = VG-XT3 Battery Grip

82g = 1 NP-W126S Battery.

4.5g = 1 64GB MicroSD Card.

The Aircross 2 specs says that it can support 3.2kg (7 pound) payload.
https://www.gudsen.com/moza-aircross-2-spec

So if I run the 50-140 + X-T3 + VG-XT3 + 3 Batteries + 1 MicroSD Card that would equal a total payload of 2066.5 Grams, which is 2.0665 kg, which is 4.6 pounds.

So technically it should be able to support the weight... We will see if it can, and if the proper clearances are there. Plus we need to see how the lever physics of the off center weight of the lens will affect the motors even though the weight is under the specs..

My gut is telling me the 50-140 will be to much for the gimbal to handle due to the lever physics.   But the 18-55 I think should be ok..

-- hide signature --

Brook

Bionic963 Contributing Member • Posts: 557
Re: Gimbal compatibility for X-T3

So the extended grip with the X-T3 and 18-55 works fine with the Aircross 2 Gimbal.   However, I did put some additional counter balance weights on the Gimbal to help balance it out...

I haven't tested it with the 50-140 yet..  Will let you know about that later..

-- hide signature --

Brook

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads