rx100 V where to repair>

Started 2 months ago | Questions
stevezz Junior Member • Posts: 32
rx100 V where to repair>

Colorado
I read reviews of Sony's repair preference:  Precision Camera Repair and NOT GOOD.
Can anyone offer an alternative?  I get a warning pane: "turn power off then on" with the live view underneath that pane.  No good. Camera wont zoom, it shudders, other things.  Thanks anyone !
steve z

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Sony RX100 V
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
DUTCH van Atlanta Senior Member • Posts: 1,653
Re: rx100 V where to repair>

I've used them with excellent results on my RX10IV.

DUTCH van Atlanta's gear list:DUTCH van Atlanta's gear list
Sony RX10 IV Sony RX100 VI +2 more
elliottnewcomb Forum Pro • Posts: 16,916

On or Off Warranty?

Sony used to do their own repair in Texas. I had both good and bad experiences with early MIJ rx100m1 getting spots on the sensor.

I then have had both good and not so good experience with Precision.

IF off warranty, I can say Mack Camera has always done it right the first time for reasonable cost. I am lucky enough to live 20 minutes away from them.

These cameras are MMM. Miniature, Mobile, Moving parts, and like slippery bars of soap, I highly recommend extended accidental warranties, and I prefer Mack warranties.

-- hide signature --

Elliott

elliottnewcomb's gear list:elliottnewcomb's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony RX1R Olympus Stylus 1 Sony RX100 III Olympus Stylus 1s +1 more
DUTCH van Atlanta Senior Member • Posts: 1,653

I dropped my RX100VI from about 3 ft onto concrete. It landed on the front corner where the battery/SD card door closes. The door popped open, but was able to be closed and latched.

The right front side of the case bulged with a small flat piece of some sort protruding from the seam just in front of the HDMI slot.

A quick test showed that it seemed to be working A-OK, but I could not force that small flat piece back inside the case. I used it just fine for the rest of my trip.

When I got home, I loosened the two tiny Philips head screws at the front edge of the side of the case with a jewelers screwdriver. As the case pulled away, I was able to push that small flat piece back inside and retightened the small screws.

The bulge in the case is gone, and the only evidence of the drop is a very small ding right where the battery door latches. Takes A-OK photos as it did before. I am very happily surprised.

DUTCH van Atlanta's gear list:DUTCH van Atlanta's gear list
Sony RX10 IV Sony RX100 VI +2 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads