***10/20/2019-10/20/2019 Sunday Weekly Show, Tell, and Critique***

Started 4 months ago | Discussions
Jerry045
Jerry045 Forum Pro • Posts: 11,259
Re: Populus Wislizeni Forest of Abiquiu; an autumnal exhibit.

abiquiuense wrote:

I think it's my elbow after having posted all these.

abiquiuense

Pretty shots David..  Better grease that elbow.

Jerry045's gear list:Jerry045's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS20 Sony RX10 IV +2 more
hwvlover
hwvlover Senior Member • Posts: 4,273
Re: European goldfinch

Jerry045 wrote:

Great shot David.

Thank you Jerry, the little bird (and sun) hung around just long enough.
Regards,
David
Growing old is inevitable; growing up, however, is optional.
And I have opted out.

hwvlover's gear list:hwvlover's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300 Sony RX10 IV
abiquiuense
abiquiuense Senior Member • Posts: 4,711

66GTO wrote:

Beautiful colors David!

Thank you, Bob.

Day before yesterday, I disconnected my '51 Chevy from the Chinese Elm.  The bumper and the driver fender contained the thirteen inch wide trunk, which grew up in there, such that when my nephew loosened the bolt, the bumper took on a life of its own; twang!  Ouch!

I'm thinking of selling it.  Don't know what to ask for it.  Greg'sList doesn't offer any in primer rust.  I think that means that it's rare.

This is the last of the "personal items" left of the family's estate, to go, before it's sold.  I learned to drive on this thing, but, mom and dad taught us everything they knew, except how to construct a will.

I'm the elder now, of eight.  This is the last to go . . .

It hurts to write about it.

Glad you like my colors.

Bill Borne
OP Bill Borne Forum Pro • Posts: 41,145

abiquiuense wrote:

I think the above photo could use some help?

I think it's my elbow after having posted all these.

abiquiuense

-- hide signature --

Bill
"Life's Too Short to Worry about the BS!"
So I Choose my Battles
Click for Wild Man's Photos
Using Rx10 IV at Present

Bill Borne's gear list:Bill Borne's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX400V Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H5 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828 Sony RX100 III +4 more
abiquiuense
Re: Signs of the season.

Jerry045 wrote:

abiquiuense wrote:

Not necessarily this "Weekly . . . ," but, last year's photo. Last two weeks mini-challenge came and went. I was reviewing my archive, and saw that one stone could extinguish two birds.

abiquiuense

Brrrrr….. Here I thought New Mexico was further south than South Carolina. What is that ugly white stuff?

Southern New Mexico is a little further south than SC.  Abiquiu, sixty some miles south of Colorado, is at 36.2 degrees North, and, and, . . .

. . . it's more than a mile high.  Abiquiu Peak, our Holy Mountain, is well over two miles up.  No snow; yet.  Well, my moment is up; whew, the weather didn't change.  That's the saying; "Just wait a minute, it'll change."

But, when we do something out of the ordinary; it snows.

Dak on cam
Dak on cam Senior Member • Posts: 2,318
Re: Verkauft!

abiquiuense wrote:

Dak on cam wrote:

It's been a while since David asked for it, but it's been raining quite a bit, and more often than not cars were clustered around it. Today I got a few shots in. A Deutz D40.2 it is.

https://www.abebooks.com/servlet/BookDetailsPL?bi=30050183456&searchurl=sortby%3D17%26tn%3DDeutz-Diesel

What a beautiful toy! No never mind that you have a gasket leak. What's a little oil among friends, anyway.

It's been parked there for more than a week.  See any oil on the ground?  It did have its fair share of leaks when my SO bought it.  She's paid quite a bit to have them fixed.  For example, the stamps of the front loader, pocky with rust, have been replaced with new ones to stop "hydraulic" oil (which is specified to be just typical motor oil) from leaking.

I wouldn't swear that it's totally sealed but you can park it for weeks without dark spots noticeable underneath.

That blue thing (odd color) is called a "jaira," around here.

"Grubber" in German.

New Mexicans invented language for industrial technology, which language took a while to catch up with us. So, the "harrow," became "jaira." The brakes became "brecas," vs "frenos," the windshield became, you guessed it, "guinchil." And, so it went.

But, what's not lost in translation? WORK.

I would be proud to be seen "working" in this animal.

It's actually from 1960.

My first inclination was to open your full sized photos to read the manufacturer's plate, or VIN. It says it all there; Klockner-Humboldt-Deutz-Ag Koln: D40.2. But, before dropping the prompt into the net, I opened to "Deutz D40.2." The hits are amazing.

And, so I learned; my friend, Dak on cam, is a farmer.

Not quite.  His SO is a riding coach.  Handling large bays of hale and leveling the riding ground are not easy to do manually, so even a 60-year old tractor is occasionally nice to have around.

But, I suspected that given all those longing photos of cats in the cornfields.

The cornfields are actually not related to our lives here, other than that the short period between stubs after harvest and freshly plowed field they can be used for galloping more of a distance than the riding ground offers.

The actual farmers have slightly newer farming equipment...  Though our immediate neighbor (who actually has just poultry these days) has some Deutz D30, an upgrade to his older Porsche tractor he got from a collector.  The neighbor was glad to get equipment a few decades younger than he had previously, the collector conversely was glad to get older stuff.  Win-win.

But the one's actually doing the fields have much much more recent stuff.

Dankeschön, or,

"Mucho Grass," or,

Muchas Gracias.

David

No sweat.

Dak on cam's gear list:Dak on cam's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-P52 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H2 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200
abiquiuense

KBTinto wrote:

Nice ones David! The fall colors really pop.

KB

Thanks, KB.  Se lo agradezco.

Bill Borne
Some of my Cut Gem Collection

All are Genuine Gems

Would You like to see more?

-- hide signature --

Bill
So I Choose my Battles
Using Rx10 IV at Present

Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX400V Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H5 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828 Sony RX100 III +4 more
hwvlover
hwvlover Senior Member • Posts: 4,273
Re: Some of my Cut Gem Collection

Bill Borne wrote:

All are Genuine Gems

Bill, you are a very talented chap. So many to like and the colour of the big topaz type stones in number 9 is amazing. And Mrs hwv loves the hearts in number 7. Good job.
Regards,
David
And I have opted out.

hwvlover's gear list:hwvlover's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300 Sony RX10 IV
Bill Borne
Re: Some of my Cut Gem Collection

hwvlover wrote:

Bill Borne wrote:

All are Genuine Gems

Bill, you are a very talented chap. So many to like and the colour of the big topaz type stones in number 9 is amazing. And Mrs hwv loves the hearts in number 7. Good job.
Regards,
David
And I have opted out.

I'm Glad you and your wife liked them

Thanks for the Compliment

-- hide signature --

Bill
So I Choose my Battles
Using Rx10 IV at Present

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads