***10/20/2019-10/20/2019 Sunday Weekly Show, Tell, and Critique***

Started 2 months ago | Discussions
Bill Borne
Bill Borne Forum Pro • Posts: 40,814
***10/20/2019-10/20/2019 Sunday Weekly Show, Tell, and Critique***

One Rule..Please comment on someone before posting. You only need to comment once

Anything goes in this thread (as long as DPReview's general standards are not violated): any camera; any subject; any post-processing; etc. Recent images you have created in the past week or two are much preferred but not required. A little background on where, how and why you made the image(s) you posted would add interest. By posting here, you are inviting constructive criticism and general discussion of your images. Please share your expertise by providing constructive criticism on photos others have posted.

We look forward to seeing your recent photos and reading everyone's comments.

-- hide signature --

Bill
"Life's Too Short to Worry about the BS!"
So I Choose my Battles
Click for Wild Man's Photos
Using Rx10 IV at Present

Bill Borne's gear list:Bill Borne's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX400V Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H5 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828 Sony RX100 III +4 more
Bill Borne
OP Bill Borne Forum Pro • Posts: 40,814
To get it rolling

Jellyfish

-- hide signature --

Bill
So I Choose my Battles
Using Rx10 IV at Present

Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX400V Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H5 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828 Sony RX100 III +4 more
Evenstar606
Evenstar606 Senior Member • Posts: 3,052
Re: To get it rolling

Bill Borne wrote:

Jellyfish

These two are my favorites. Great fall colors! Those jellyfish are pretty, where was the photo taken?

-- hide signature --

Courtney

Evenstar606's gear list:Evenstar606's gear list
Sony RX100 III Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX80 Apple iPhone X
Reto B
Reto B Contributing Member • Posts: 923

A set of nice images, Bill. I like the shot of the jelly fish though I don't like these in the water at all when I'm in it too

-- hide signature --
 Reto B's gear list:Reto B's gear list
Sony a7R III Sony FE 90mm F2.8 macro Sony FE 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 Sony FE 24mm F1.4 GM Sony FE 135mm F1.8 GM +7 more
Reto B
Fall colors can even bring a gray day to life

Not even the light rainfall could spoil this day for me. Some attempts to catch these radiant, heart warming colors from yesterday:

Such beauty makes me forget the missing sunshine

The forests on the mountain in the background also turns partly to yellow and later orange while the firs remain green and the larchs eventually will loose their needles.

From green to yellow and red... I love this time of the year!

Looking towards the bottom of the valley. Golden spots embedded in the green everywhere.

For me nothing can rival the beauty of nature. And within a few weeks the snow will enchant our landscapes. So there's always a reason to look forward to the next beautiful change...

Best wishes
Reto

-- hide signature --
Sony a7R III Sony FE 90mm F2.8 macro Sony FE 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 Sony FE 24mm F1.4 GM Sony FE 135mm F1.8 GM +7 more
Pi lover
Pi lover Senior Member • Posts: 1,563
Re: Fall colors can even bring a gray day to life

Reto B wrote:

Not even the light rainfall could spoil this day for me. Some attempts to catch these radiant, heart warming colors from yesterday:

For me nothing can rival the beauty of nature. And within a few weeks the snow will enchant our landscapes. So there's always a reason to look forward to the next beautiful change...

Best wishes
Reto

What gorgeous country you live in.  A walk and a good meal with wine and good company would be a wonderful day.

Our leaves are mostly down where I live and that time you captured passes very quickly.  The next "beautiful change" lasts too long for my taste but has it's days as well.

Thanks for sharing.

Grant.--
Todays top of the line is tomorrows obsolete.

Reto B

Pi lover wrote:

Reto B wrote:

Best wishes
Reto

What gorgeous country you live in. A walk and a good meal with wine and good company would be a wonderful day.

Our leaves are mostly down where I live and that time you captured passes very quickly. The next "beautiful change" lasts too long for my taste but has it's days as well.

Thanks for sharing.

Grant.--
Todays top of the line is tomorrows obsolete.

Thank you for these kind, much appreciated words, Grant!

Concerning the winter: I prefer cooler temperatures to heat. And we have lots of sunny days in winter. Then you can sit outside in the sun and go for full day hikes even if temperatures are way below the freezing point. All you need is good clothes. Therefore I don't mind the longer winters at all.

I once made this selfie for my son to show him that I enjoyed the sun despite the air temperature being at -15° C to tease him to come up here for a visite (he lives "down there" near Zurich where it was gray for weeks at that time). I sat here for about 30 min. drinking hot tea and eating engiadinian nut cake before continuing my walk further up...

This place is about a one hour walk away, above our village.

One and a half hours later I reached my final destination for that day where I had bread, cheese and a glass of wine for lunch. The alp is not inhabited in winter. So you have to bring your own food and drinks with you:

Alp Suot, 2015 m above sea level. In winter in the snow it takes about 2 1/2 h to walk there. To return to Guarda (1660 m) takes about half that long.

Cheers
Reto

-- hide signature --
Bill Borne

Evenstar606 wrote:

Bill Borne wrote:

Jellyfish

These two are my favorites. Great fall colors! Those jellyfish are pretty, where was the photo taken?

I don't remember which is unusual for me

-- hide signature --

Bill
So I Choose my Battles
Using Rx10 IV at Present

Bill Borne

Reto B wrote:

A set of nice images, Bill. I like the shot of the jelly fish though I don't like these in the water at all when I'm in it too

I bet you don't Thanks Reto

-- hide signature --

Bill
So I Choose my Battles
Using Rx10 IV at Present

Bill Borne
Very Nice Fall shots Reto

And I agree..Nature is one of the Free things in our lives. Nature is just grand

-- hide signature --

Bill
So I Choose my Battles
Using Rx10 IV at Present

66GTO Veteran Member • Posts: 3,576

Reto, I especially like your 2nd shot of the fall colors with the mountain in the background.

-- hide signature --

Crazy old man! Slow down. You are way too old to be
hunting hemi's in that 66GTO.

66GTO's gear list:66GTO's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Canon PowerShot G1 X Sony RX100 +1 more

I like the frog shot Bill!

-- hide signature --

Bill Borne

66GTO wrote:

I remember when I took it it was in the middle of the trail and refused to move so I took the shot

-- hide signature --

Bill
So I Choose my Battles
Using Rx10 IV at Present

Taken On a Walk Through Town

The clock has not changed time for quite a while now.

-- hide signature --

Bill Borne
Re: Taken On a Walk Through Town

66GTO wrote:

That's kind of sad!

-- hide signature --

Bill
So I Choose my Battles
Using Rx10 IV at Present

Dak on cam
Dak on cam Senior Member • Posts: 2,012

Bill Borne wrote:

66GTO wrote:

I remember when I took it it was in the middle of the trail and refused to move so I took the shot

"Fly, you fool, fly!" does not work for frogs.

Dak on cam's gear list:Dak on cam's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-P52 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H2 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200
Dak on cam
Dak on cam Senior Member • Posts: 2,012

Bill Borne wrote:

66GTO wrote:

That's kind of sad!

Not if it's Happy Hour.

Dak on cam's gear list:Dak on cam's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-P52 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H2 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200
Bill Borne

Dak on cam wrote:

Bill Borne wrote:

66GTO wrote:

"Fly, you fool, fly!" does not work for frogs.

I think the frog thought if he didn't move I couldn't see him?

-- hide signature --

Bill
So I Choose my Battles
Using Rx10 IV at Present

Reto B

66GTO wrote:

Reto, I especially like your 2nd shot of the fall colors with the mountain in the background.

It's my favourite too. When I stood there thoughts like "little paradise" and the like popped up in my mind

-- hide signature --
Reto B

66GTO wrote:

I have one with the same issue in my home. It gave up moving one hour after the one in your image. On the other hand: if time's not moving anymore we don't grow older either

I took a quick snapshot a moment ago after seeing your image:

Best wishes
Reto

-- hide signature --
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads