:-)) Sunday Cat! #627 October 20, 2019 ((-:

Started 2 months ago | Discussions
rodriguezPhoto
rodriguezPhoto Senior Member • Posts: 2,667
:-)) Sunday Cat! #627 October 20, 2019 ((-:

Welcome all to the Sunday Cat! thread, brought to you every week, except for a brief interruption in September, 2016, since Anton AK first started the thread on 23rd September, 2007. Management of the thread over the years has been turned over successively to John King, Warriormouse, Robert J, Coldamus, Robert J (with an assist by StanTsui ) and since September 2016, long time lurker, me.

Familial Kitties of the Week!

Stripey and Tiger, brother and sister, mirroring one another at rest.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In Memoriam

Bobo

Though small in size, the imprint they leave on our lives is huge.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As said by Warriormouse, "Photos can be more than just art, they can be memories, so come share your picture and stories of your feline companions with us. Come one, come all; all cats and cameras welcome. Add your favourite cat shot to the collection. No time limits, taken any time, any place, any camera." Or any era, digital, film, even phones or tablets!

Posting time for the thread is every Sunday at 0000 UTC. Because this is Saturday afternoon for me, I may sometimes start the thread earlier or later, depending on whether my DSL decides it's going to work... If I am late, feel free to grab the reins and start the next thread. A PM letting me know that you have would be appreciated.

Last week's purrs, #626

-- hide signature --

~~~ Kim

rodriguezPhoto's gear list:rodriguezPhoto's gear list
Olympus E-3 Canon EOS 6D Olympus E-1 Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-M1 II +46 more
Ben Herrmann
Ben Herrmann Forum Pro • Posts: 20,835
Alas, I have an X-rated kitty....

As I mentioned on this forum a few weeks ago, we managed (after several weeks) to both capture and adopt the last remaining kitten (all the others perished) from a feral female tabby that we've befriended on our patio.  It took us awhile to capture this kitten who knew instinctively how to avoid traps of all types.  But after several weeks and a concerted effort on our part, we managed to snag him.  He spent several days at the Vet's clinic, getting him fixed up, and then we brought him home.  It didn't take long for him to adapt and now he rules the roost, however....  We named him Tigger.  He's fast as a Cheetah and has a longer body like one also.

Being a male tabby (a true tabby both in behavior and markings), he is the most horny cat I've ever seen.  Whether he's trying to pork my leg under the covers, or trying to mount the other two older female cats that we have, he has been a real booger to be sure.  So 10 days ago we got him neutered - actually moving him up a monthly early - in hopes that the neutering would settle him down a bit.  But nooooooooooo - the moment we brought him home from the Vet's clinic and opened the travel case, he flew out and immediately tried mounting one of the other kitties - sigh...

He's got a real personally and is one of the most handsome cats I've seen.  Here are some photos taken of him (he's around 5 1/2 months old now).

In the first two shots, we posed him with his artificial mate - a stuffed toy cat that he humps daily like it owes him money...   He was real good for these posed photos.  All images taken with the Pen F with the Godox TT350 flash in bounce mode.

Look at the expression on the stuff kitty's face - it's like he's been through the ringer.  The face and eyes used to look normal, now it looks like he's worn out.

Again, look at the stuffed animal's face - ya gotta love.

Always watchin' to see what's going on outside and when he spots his mother, he starts making all kinds of sounds.

Now after I left the room where I had taken the staged photos, I turned around to come back to get something and here is Tigger having his way with the stuffed animal.  I just cracked the hell up - he's that hilarious.  Reminds me of me when I was a young Marine!!!!

I had to admit, even I started feeling bad for that stuffed kitty - he's been through the ringer.

Best of luck and health to you all!
Bernd ("Ben") Werner Herrmann
Fuquay Varina, North Carolina USA

Ben Herrmann's gear list:Ben Herrmann's gear list
Fujifilm X30 Panasonic FZ1000 Canon EOS M Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-PL7 +18 more
OLEF641 Forum Member • Posts: 67
Re: Alas, I have an X-rated kitty....

Ben,

Hang in there.  It can take two or more months for the testosterone to work its way out of his system, and once it does he should be less priapian.  He might even lose interest altogether -- one can hope.  I bet his little white friend does 🐱 !

rodriguezPhoto
OP rodriguezPhoto Senior Member • Posts: 2,667
Re: Alas, I have an X-rated kitty....

Hmmm...I wonder if that last one needs another setting. 

-- hide signature --

~~~ Kim

softmarmotte
softmarmotte Regular Member • Posts: 115
Re: :-)) Sunday Cat! #627 October 20, 2019 ((-:

rodriguezPhoto wrote:

Welcome all to the Sunday Cat! thread, brought to you every week, except for a brief interruption in September, 2016, since Anton AK first started the thread on 23rd September, 2007. Management of the thread over the years has been turned over successively to John King, Warriormouse, Robert J, Coldamus, Robert J (with an assist by StanTsui ) and since September 2016, long time lurker, me.

Familial Kitties of the Week!

Stripey and Tiger, brother and sister, mirroring one another at rest.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In Memoriam

Bobo

Though small in size, the imprint they leave on our lives is huge.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As said by Warriormouse, "Photos can be more than just art, they can be memories, so come share your picture and stories of your feline companions with us. Come one, come all; all cats and cameras welcome. Add your favourite cat shot to the collection. No time limits, taken any time, any place, any camera." Or any era, digital, film, even phones or tablets!

Posting time for the thread is every Sunday at 0000 UTC. Because this is Saturday afternoon for me, I may sometimes start the thread earlier or later, depending on whether my DSL decides it's going to work... If I am late, feel free to grab the reins and start the next thread. A PM letting me know that you have would be appreciated.

Last week's purrs, #626

As you have kindly featured my two fluffy friends, it reminded me that I had a great pic of Stripey in a bowl 

Still life (van Gogh ?)

softmarmotte's gear list:softmarmotte's gear list
Sony RX100 Nikon D5500 Olympus E-M1 II Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR II Sigma 10-20mm F3.5 EX DC HSM +8 more
rodriguezPhoto

Stripey is definitely much cuter than that fruit which would otherwise be populating the bowl.

-- hide signature --

~~~ Kim

OLEF641 Forum Member • Posts: 67

I can't decide if her expression says, ”You better NOT try to put that fruit back” or ”Uh, oh, busted 🙀!”

softmarmotte
softmarmotte Regular Member • Posts: 115

OLEF641 wrote:

I can't decide if her expression says, ”You better NOT try to put that fruit back” or ”Uh, oh, busted 🙀!”

She's a sweety, so it's definitely, I've been busted...She's more grown up now

softmarmotte's gear list:softmarmotte's gear list
Sony RX100 Nikon D5500 Olympus E-M1 II Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR II Sigma 10-20mm F3.5 EX DC HSM +8 more
rodriguezPhoto
Cat Parking

In the cat cave.  By the pool. 

-- hide signature --

~~~ Kim

Harri Fin H5 Senior Member • Posts: 1,787
beautiful Agadir street cat 2013

Hi

my favorite cat picture
like a purebred cat

-- hide signature --

Harri

Harri Fin H5's gear list:Harri Fin H5's gear list
Olympus Stylus 1s Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-510 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm F4-5.6 R Olympus Zuiko Digital 14-54mm 1:2.8-3.5 II +3 more
rodriguezPhoto
Re: beautiful Agadir street cat 2013

I like how the sunlight highlights the kitty's fur and gives it a silvery sheen.  The kitty definitely wants us to believe that he or she is a purebred with those elegant looks but the faint stripes on the tail give the truth away. 

-- hide signature --

~~~ Kim

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads