Nicely done.

mostlyboringphotog Veteran Member • Posts: 8,940
Re: ... total infatuation ...

Mona Lisa smile

mostlyboringphotog's gear list:mostlyboringphotog's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Pentax 645Z Nikon 1 J5
jouni123 Senior Member • Posts: 2,409

I can't help seeing romance in harmony. Even I don't know exactly what happens on background, graphic silhuett has interesting form and works well, jouni

jouni123's gear list:jouni123's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Canon EOS 6D Sony a7R II Fujifilm X-T2 Canon EF 16-35mm F2.8L II USM +11 more
Gman58 Senior Member • Posts: 2,293

I really like this. I think that small bit of the hand makes a huge difference.

Gary

Gman58's gear list:Gman58's gear list
Pentax K-5 II Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 Pentax smc DA 55-300mm F4.0-5.8 ED Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited Pentax smc DA 35mm F2.4 AL +1 more
D Cox Forum Pro • Posts: 24,389

Gman58 wrote:

Gary

It does, but the background figures are what really makes this a strong composition.

(Obviously in street photography you can't tell people where to stand (as a movie director can), so one has to practise "composition by selection" -- picking the best from a number of shots. The art is in the selection.)

Vidau
Vidau Forum Pro • Posts: 20,171

molly marsh wrote:

Molly

Good photo, i like the tone

Vidau's gear list:Vidau's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S3 Pro Fujifilm FinePix F31fd Fujifilm FinePix S2 Pro Nikon D800 Sony Alpha NEX-F3 +14 more
fad
fad Forum Pro • Posts: 17,819

molly marsh wrote:

Molly

Well conceived idea.

-- hide signature --

Frank
http://sidewalkshadows.com/blog/
Photos look better in Original Size
Shot in downtown Manhattan, mostly

fad's gear list:fad's gear list
Nikon D3S Nikon D800 Nikon D4S Nikon D810 Nikon D750 +23 more
molly marsh
OP molly marsh Senior Member • Posts: 1,666

D Cox wrote:

Gman58 wrote:

Gary

It does, but the background figures are what really makes this a strong composition.

(Obviously in street photography you can't tell people where to stand (as a movie director can), so one has to practise "composition by selection" -- picking the best from a number of shots. The art is in the selection.)

You make some realy good points in your comments...

These are the other two of four I had to choose from... the first one she looks so good but he is facing the other way and there is only the back of his head plus it is far to close to the edge of frame... I do shoot with how I want the final shot to look like so hopefully only minimal cropping....

The second one better framed but he is still facing the wrong way... I do like using the rule of thirds so this one would never have been suitable to crop...

This is the finished product... the things I like is the possion in frame,,, subject to frame size and the fact we can now see his profile and by luck his forehead is highlighted by the dark post or tree,,, not sure what it was...

The top two still have that element of infatuation,,, the fourth not shown was too far away and was never in the race... I hadn't realised that subconsciously when shooting I have the final product in my minds eye...

These were taken in central Moscow a few weeks ago,,, just after lunch,,, I"m guessing that these two have spent lunch together and now saying goodby and back to the office/work..

The rest is now history...

Thanks for your comments...

Molly...

-- hide signature --

‘’ Am I Bovvered??? ‘’. No never!!!

molly marsh
OP molly marsh Senior Member • Posts: 1,666
.....Thanks All....

molly marsh wrote:

Molly

Molly

-- hide signature --

‘’ Am I Bovvered??? ‘’. No never!!!

Gman58 Senior Member • Posts: 2,293

Yes. Good point. Your comment makes so much sense.

Gary

Gman58's gear list:Gman58's gear list
Pentax K-5 II Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 Pentax smc DA 55-300mm F4.0-5.8 ED Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited Pentax smc DA 35mm F2.4 AL +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads