DSC-RX10 IV Pull the trigger?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions
RBEmerson
OP RBEmerson Regular Member • Posts: 282
Re: DSC-RX10 IV Pull the trigger?

BOOM! PULLED THE TRIGGER!

I found an open box at Best Buy that came in below most preowned M4's on eBay. Woohoo! Didn't have to pay 6% PA sales tax. Woohoo!

Shot some v. tasty video on the curvy bits of the motorcycle ride to the BB. Woohoo!

Got caught in traffic that looked like Black Friday on steroids. Boohoo. Got caught in light rain (expected) while standing in traffic. Boohoo. At least expected heavy rain didn't arrive while I was on the road. Woohoo.

No chance to shoot zip. The sun set, it's seriously cloudy, and tomorrow's rain is expected to produce minor flooding. Boohoo.

I PULLED THE TRIGGER! Wheeee!

-- hide signature --

There are days when I amaze even me, and there are days when I look for my phone while I'm talking on it.

RBEmerson's gear list:RBEmerson's gear list
Sony RX10 IV Sony X3000R
wam7
wam7 Regular Member • Posts: 270

RBEmerson wrote:

BOOM! PULLED THE TRIGGER!

I found an open box at Best Buy that came in below most preowned M4's on eBay. Woohoo! Didn't have to pay 6% PA sales tax. Woohoo!

Shot some v. tasty video on the curvy bits of the motorcycle ride to the BB. Woohoo!

Got caught in traffic that looked like Black Friday on steroids. Boohoo. Got caught in light rain (expected) while standing in traffic. Boohoo. At least expected heavy rain didn't arrive while I was on the road. Woohoo.

No chance to shoot zip. The sun set, it's seriously cloudy, and tomorrow's rain is expected to produce minor flooding. Boohoo.

I PULLED THE TRIGGER! Wheeee!

Well done. It really is a wonderful tool you should have great fun learning. I found the books by Alexander White and Gary Friedman pretty handy to fill in some of the gaps.

wam7's gear list:wam7's gear list
Olympus XZ-2 iHS Panasonic FZ1000 Sony RX10 IV Olympus Stylus 1
HRC2016 Senior Member • Posts: 5,017

RBEmerson wrote:

Just do it!  In fact, why not buy two?

-- hide signature --

I believe in science, evolution and light. All opinions are my own. I'm not compensated for any of my posts. Can you honestly say that?

HRC2016's gear list:HRC2016's gear list
Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-200mm F4-5.6 OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II Sigma 150-600mm F5-6.3 | C Olympus 12-100mm F4.0 +2 more
RBEmerson

Even without White, et al., I'm beginning to find my way through the camera. Intuitive it's not, but the basics aren't that hard to pull together.

Partially out of being ...um... frugal, and partly because there's still tons of room on my current 32 Gb SD, I tried the SD from the X-S1 in the M4. Not too surprisingly, checking those pictures isn't drop dead simple, but it works well enough for my needs.

The camera is resting while I wait from the lens cover to arrive. Better to smear that than the front element of the lens. FWIW, a polarizing filter is also on its way. I've been partial to them for quite a while.

-- hide signature --

The moments of happiness we enjoy take us by surprise. It is not that we seize them, but that they seize us -- Ashley Montagu

Sony RX10 IV Sony X3000R
sludge21017
sludge21017 Senior Member • Posts: 1,999

RBEmerson wrote:

Partially out of being ...um... frugal, and partly because there's still tons of room on my current 32 Gb SD, I tried the SD from the X-S1 in the M4.

Try a 256GB

RBEmerson

HRC2016 wrote:

RBEmerson wrote:

Just do it! In fact, why not buy two?

Are you paying? [/ wink]

-- hide signature --

The moments of happiness we enjoy take us by surprise. It is not that we seize them, but that they seize us -- Ashley Montagu

Sony RX10 IV Sony X3000R
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads