A7R2 Stuck In Bootloop After Reset Settings/Initialize

Started Oct 18, 2019 | Questions
SonySonyYesMama New Member • Posts: 1
A7R2 Stuck In Bootloop After Reset Settings/Initialize

Please help. After I used the “Initialize” option in the setting menu my camera wont come on it only comes on if the usb is plugged in. Please help I have a shoot coming up Friday..

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
RGBCMYK
RGBCMYK Senior Member • Posts: 2,403
Re: A7R2 Stuck In Bootloop After Reset Settings/Initialize

is the charge light on when plugged into the usb?  maybe a dead or defective battery.  I have a dead OEM Sony battery that won't take a charge so try a different battery would be my first guess

-- hide signature --

My street photography with over 1000 images https://www.instagram.com/chris_broughton/
www.christopherbroughton.com

RGBCMYK's gear list:RGBCMYK's gear list
Epson Stylus Pro 4900 +1 more
Israelocypus New Member • Posts: 2

Hi,

I know it's been a long time, but how did you solve your problem? I have the exact same problem, also on the A7rm2. Thanks in advance.

Kind regards

Israel

apotelyt
apotelyt New Member • Posts: 10

You could try to connect and control your A7R2 via USB, and then set the date and time.

Israelocypus New Member • Posts: 2

apotelyt wrote:

You could try to connect and control your A7R2 via USB, and then set the date and time.

I've only seen your reply now, thank you so much. I had in the mean time found out the solution through someone else on the internet. I also set my world location, though I don't know if it's really needed.

I wonder why this happens... is it because the mainboard was ordered from aliexpress and was possibly programmed in the factory for Eastern Asia instead of Europe, where I am located? Or is it some kind of mismatch between the mainboard and other boards on the camera?

Kind regards,

Israel

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads