M6ii Arca Swiss plate

Started Oct 15, 2019 | Questions
Stego Junior Member • Posts: 25
M6ii Arca Swiss plate

What are people using for a compatible Arca Swiss type Plate that doesn't impact the functionality of the rear screen or the battery door

-- hide signature --

Stego

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
lumenite Contributing Member • Posts: 994
Re: M6ii Arca Swiss plate

Stego wrote:

What are people using for a compatible Arca Swiss type Plate that doesn't impact the functionality of the rear screen or the battery door

I am using this little fella for my EOS M5, which hinders M5's LCD from flipping down. It would be better with M6/M6 mk2.

https://www.promediagear.com/PX1R-Universal-Arca-Swiss-Type-Plate-1inch-Long-with-Flange_p_85.html

A cheap option is the following, which works well, but its build quality is not the best.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Quick-Release-Plate-for-Mirrorless-Small-Camera-Compatible-with-Benro-Arca-Swiss/171785874917

lumenite's gear list:lumenite's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Canon EOS M Canon EOS M5 Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM +6 more
OP Stego Junior Member • Posts: 25

Thanks for the info.

-- hide signature --

Stego

David M. Anglin
David M. Anglin Senior Member • Posts: 1,757

Stego wrote:

I ordered this one to try, but it won't be here until Friday.

Acratech 2205 Quick Release Plate for Canon EOS M5 and M6

David M. Anglin's gear list:David M. Anglin's gear list
Canon EOS R5 Canon Extender EF 1.4x III Canon RF 24-105mm F4L IS USM Canon RF 100-500mm F4.5-7.1L IS USM Canon RF 85mm F2 Macro IS STM +3 more
Canochrome Regular Member • Posts: 351

David M. Anglin wrote:

Stego wrote:

I'll be curious as to how it fits. That battery door is close to the tripod screw, part of the fate of smaller bodies.

-- hide signature --

Tom

Canochrome's gear list:Canochrome's gear list
Canon EOS RP Canon EOS M6 II Canon EOS R Canon EOS R5 Canon EF 15mm f/2.8 Fisheye +20 more
David M. Anglin

Canochrome wrote:

David M. Anglin wrote:

Stego wrote:

I'll be curious as to how it fits. That battery door is close to the tripod screw, part of the fate of smaller bodies.

I’ll update the post once I get the plate.

Canon EOS R5 Canon Extender EF 1.4x III Canon RF 24-105mm F4L IS USM Canon RF 100-500mm F4.5-7.1L IS USM Canon RF 85mm F2 Macro IS STM +3 more
Passrider Junior Member • Posts: 45
David M. Anglin

Passrider wrote:

I am using a FITTEST L-bracket for my M6 first generation. I don't know if it would fit the M6II. https://www.ebay.com/itm/FITTEST-Custom-Quick-Release-L-Shaped-Plate-Bracket-Camera-Grip-for-Canon-EOS-M6/183502192969?hash=item2ab9954149:g:96MAAOSwLGlcjdyn

I thought I would receive the plate I ordered, but it is hung up in the B&H shutdown.  Should reach me by Thursday or Friday.

R2D2 Forum Pro • Posts: 22,607

David M. Anglin wrote:

Passrider wrote:

I am using a FITTEST L-bracket for my M6 first generation. I don't know if it would fit the M6II. https://www.ebay.com/itm/FITTEST-Custom-Quick-Release-L-Shaped-Plate-Bracket-Camera-Grip-for-Canon-EOS-M6/183502192969?hash=item2ab9954149:g:96MAAOSwLGlcjdyn

I thought I would receive the plate I ordered, but it is hung up in the B&H shutdown. Should reach me by Thursday or Friday.

Waiting with bated breath!

R2

-- hide signature --

Good judgment comes from experience.
Experience comes from bad judgment.
http://www.pbase.com/jekyll_and_hyde/galleries

R2D2's gear list:R2D2's gear list
Canon EOS M6 II Canon EOS R5 Canon EOS M6
David M. Anglin

Canochrome wrote:

David M. Anglin wrote:

Stego wrote:

I received the Scratch 2205 QR Plate and it fits fine on the M6 II.  The battery/card door doesn't open to a perfect 90%, but there is no issue removing / inserting card or battery.  The one downside is that it will have to be removed when using the EF - M adaptor for EF lenses if you wan to use the tripod mount on the adaptor - which I strongly recommend for heavy EF lenses.  I would only use the on body plate for M lenses or extremely light EF lenses.

David

lumenite Contributing Member • Posts: 994

David M. Anglin wrote:

Canochrome wrote:

David M. Anglin wrote:

Stego wrote:

I received the Scratch 2205 QR Plate and it fits fine on the M6 II. The battery/card door doesn't open to a perfect 90%, but there is no issue removing / inserting card or battery.

Good.

The one downside is that it will have to be removed when using the EF - M adaptor for EF lenses if you wan to use the tripod mount on the adaptor - which I strongly recommend for heavy EF lenses. I would only use the on body plate for M lenses or extremely light EF lenses.

David

Sorry about that because many of us adapt small EF lenses such as 24 f/2.8, 40mm f/2.8, and 50mm f/1.8.

lumenite's gear list:lumenite's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Canon EOS M Canon EOS M5 Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM +6 more

David M. Anglin wrote:

I received the Scratch 2205 QR Plate and it fits fine on the M6 II. The battery/card door doesn't open to a perfect 90%, but there is no issue removing / inserting card or battery. The one downside is that it will have to be removed when using the EF - M adaptor for EF lenses if you wan to use the tripod mount on the adaptor - which I strongly recommend for heavy EF lenses. I would only use the on body plate for M lenses or extremely light EF lenses.

David

Mine's on its way. With heavier EF lenses, not a problem because they all have their own tripod foot. But it'll be interesting to see what I'll be dealing with with the adapter and smaller EF lenses.

Thanks for the update - much appreciated.

-- hide signature --

Tom

Canon EOS RP Canon EOS M6 II Canon EOS R Canon EOS R5 Canon EF 15mm f/2.8 Fisheye +20 more

David M. Anglin wrote:

I received the Scratch 2205 QR Plate and it fits fine on the M6 II. The battery/card door doesn't open to a perfect 90%, but there is no issue removing / inserting card or battery. The one downside is that it will have to be removed when using the EF - M adaptor for EF lenses if you wan to use the tripod mount on the adaptor - which I strongly recommend for heavy EF lenses. I would only use the on body plate for M lenses or extremely light EF lenses.

David

I just received my 2205 plate also - fits perfectly, doesn't interfere with the rear LCD nor the battery door.  Agree about the lens weight - if the lens comes with or has access to a shoe, use the lens instead of the camera.

-- hide signature --

Tom

senaduasatu Forum Member • Posts: 59

I put my plate under ef to efm adapter. It never bother my m50 battery's door. But i'm waiting my cage arrived. it has space for battery's door. I hope  m6ii cage will available soon.

Gav M New Member • Posts: 2

senaduasatu wrote:

I put my plate under ef to efm adapter. It never bother my m50 battery's door. But i'm waiting my cage arrived. it has space for battery's door. I hope m6ii cage will available soon.

I'm looking for a cage myself. Which one did you order? And has it arrived yet? Cheers

senaduasatu Forum Member • Posts: 59

Gav M wrote:

senaduasatu wrote:

I put my plate under ef to efm adapter. It never bother my m50 battery's door. But i'm waiting my cage arrived. it has space for battery's door. I hope m6ii cage will available soon.

I'm looking for a cage myself. Which one did you order? And has it arrived yet? Cheers

I bought UURig brand. A little bit cheaper than SmallRig brand.

It has bigger grip than m50, feels better. on the top left, it has cold shoe.

Bottom side don't block battery cover. A little problem when I add a PD anchor. It block the cover. It need a little push from the side.

the other problem is were should I mount PD plate? If I mount on the bottom, I will loose a flat surface. if on the side, it will too wide when I slide in the belt clip.

https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/KYO9Rpuy

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads